ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

refusing to go out on loan

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: refusing to go out on loan

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

clashcityrocker wrote:
SF wrote: If you drive a van down then make sure you get lost turning up late to the office. Park up somewhere quiet and get 40 minutes kip.

When yu turn up act like a complete retard. Act so useless they tell your manager never to send you again. When out on delivery get lost again. Bring calls back and claim you couldn't find them. Cut off. Leave office well in time to get back to office by finish time.

It's the perfect opportunity to do as little as possible and have an easy day.
You should be embarrassed writing such drivel.
Personally I hate working with people who wouldn't be out of place in a kindergarten.
Drivel is a strong word but I agree with the sentiment.

If anyone followed this advice and was caught doing so they would be sacked for gross misconduct. Before anyone asks, they wouldn't need proof that you had done it, just a reasonable suspicion.

Which brings us neatly on to the poster. Hopefully your manager hasn't identified you on here from your posts, but if they have, and you do what you suggest and they even suspect that you have done so, then I am afraid you have just supplied them with enough "Reasonable Belief" to satisfy even the most worker friendly ET that dismissal was a reasonable outcome.

So whilst calling it drivel is strong, I do think its naive to post it on a publically accessible site.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
kilrenny
Posts: 61
Joined: 19 Jun 2010, 19:23
Gender: Male

Re: refusing to go out on loan

Post by kilrenny »

do not use own car. they have to provide transport. sign on at own do then make way to other office. you then get back by sign off time. usually works wonders
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

Re: refusing to go out on loan

Post by terry2972 »

Or why not go for a change of scenery and as stated earlier earn some overtime being part-time it all helps to pay the bills
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: refusing to go out on loan

Post by Dorset Plodder »

On the up side...They do say that travel broadens the mind. It can actually be quite an eye opener to work in other DOs. I've picked up some good tips & practices to help me out back in my own DO. :hmmmm

You also get a chance to see how the other half live. Sometimes you come back realising that you're as hard done by as you think (compared to other DOs)! Strangely the first question most of your colleagues ask is, "How do our walks compare to theirs"? Then repeatedly choose to ignore you when you tell them other DOs have longer or harder Duties. :so there

When the same people are continually moaning about how hard their Duties are, I often wish the DOM could send them to some of the Really Crappy DOs for a bit.....just so they could see what they're like! :pray
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
castra
Posts: 23
Joined: 05 Oct 2012, 11:31
Gender: Male

Re: refusing to go out on loan

Post by castra »

Senior Service wrote:This comes up occasionally and one thing to bear in mind is that of car insurance, most people have cover for commuting to and from your usual place of work only and not for business use which is I fact what you are doing if travelling to another place of work. I would not use my own car but if you feel harassed it is something else you can tell hem. As previously stated if they must send you insist on starting and finishing at your own office at your contracted times and for them to provide transport; I did this when I was lent out once and it pissed off the loan office because I was not able to do a full job so they no longer want me!
Spot on regarding the issue of car insurance. When I was asked to go to a different office a couple of years back, I raised the issue of invalidating my car insurance. As mentioned above, mine states "usual place of work". The DM said he "would get back to me" - the idea was quietly dropped. :wave It was a notorious office with naff duties in naff areas so I wasn't keen to go. I was surprised that office even wanted me. The previous year when I was a wet behind the ears novice, I got lost several times and ended up having to be dug out by the early finish runners who were sent back out to assist, much to their annoyance. :dance Unlike the poster who suggested doing it on purpose, mine was unintentional. :nervous

Needles to say, they talked a new lad into going to this office. Yep, he took his own car.