ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Us *Whalley's made a lot of progress in 2014

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16726
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Us *Whalley's made a lot of progress in 2014

Post by clashcityrocker »

twincamms wrote:Really? clash you seem to know a lot about my life.
No. I know you have 2 houses, a wife and kids and you walked across a picket line.
I also know that you were the victim of bullying but you seem to think it all right to call people names which is in itself a form of bullying.

For years RM, especially in delivery, was male dominated. It still is.
If you wanted to progress your career all you had to do was ask your DOM to put you on the acting.
If that was successful then many other doors could have opened up to you, with training and promotion.
You could have done a degree with the OU and gone on the graduate scheme.

Now for the rare woman in delivery, it would take a lot of self confidence to make that same request.
Women were very few and far between in DOs and they had very few role models within the company.
But why couldn't a woman make a good manager in RM apart from in HR?
What if they could bring those female nurturing skills to the workforce? Wouldn't that make for a better workplace?
But how do you encourage them to take that leap, when they have a lack of confidence in the workplace and a lack of role models?
Well you design courses specifically for them to reinforce their self confidence and allow them to grow and thrive, a bit like the female only science classes, only in RM.

Now given that of the top 100 companies on the FTSE, only 5 have a woman CEO, it would suggest that it still isn't very easy for a woman to progress.
A target of 25 by 25 is hardly a revolution.
But it might be achieved with a little bit of female oriented intervention.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
genesis
Posts: 220
Joined: 29 May 2007, 21:04

Re: Us *Whalley's made a lot of progress in 2014

Post by genesis »

And I know the opg job in future will have plenty of women because they will be able to take and pick their kids up from school.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16726
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Us *Whalley's made a lot of progress in 2014

Post by clashcityrocker »

twincamms wrote:
As for the other things you mentioned in your last post, I like your statement regarding going to your DOM and asking to go acting, only if you're in the Mafia mate.

Anyway, I did some acting, two years unbroken ....
So you were in the Mafia?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16726
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Us *Whalley's made a lot of progress in 2014

Post by clashcityrocker »

First you said someone could only go on the acting (and thus progress their career) if they were in the mafia.
You then said you were on the acting, so I asked if you were in the mafia.
If not, how did you join?

I hardly think this is a hostile pursuit of your posts.
Let's remember you were the one who started petty name calling, you were the one who had to have their post amended by a moderator because it was offensive and you were the one who had to be reminded of the rules of the site.
But you think I am pursuing you because you were a strike breaker? Talk about a pathetic attempt to play the victim card.

So this unbridled corruption you saw, how did it take 2 years for you to grow a conscience?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: Us *Whalley's made a lot of progress in 2014

Post by aiden01 »

if you indeed crossed a picket line you wont get much sympathy on here :wave why have you deleted your recent posts
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16726
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Us *Whalley's made a lot of progress in 2014

Post by clashcityrocker »

Actually he has deleted all his posts, except 3.
Did someone upset him?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Re: Us *Whalley's made a lot of progress in 2014

Post by General Mannerheim »

What a shame I really liked him. ;liar :roll:
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Us *Whalley's made a lot of progress in 2014

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

twincamms wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:Actually he has deleted all his posts, except 3.
Thank you for taking the time to trawl through all of my posts and inform me of that.

It's weird, I've never had a stalker before........................
No trawling required every member can see a list of anyones post heres yours http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 1&sr=posts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and heres mine http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 7&sr=posts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Us *Whalley's made a lot of progress in 2014

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

and for full disclosure here's clashes http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 3&sr=posts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16726
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Us *Whalley's made a lot of progress in 2014

Post by clashcityrocker »

From: twincamms
To: clashcityrocker

No, no one upset me I realised that this forum is populated with the exact same people and attitudes that currently represent your CWU. It's not the 70s mate. The reason I'm anti CWU you are aware of as I didn't hide it. We live in the 21st Century, a democracy and people have free will and no one tells anyone what to do, especially bully boy CWU asses, like your mate who posted trash too, aiden something or another. You lot make me laugh, funny, funny people.......................
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: Us *Whalley's made a lot of progress in 2014

Post by aiden01 »

clashcityrocker wrote:From: twincamms
To: clashcityrocker

No, no one upset me I realised that this forum is populated with the exact same people and attitudes that currently represent your CWU. It's not the 70s mate. The reason I'm anti CWU you are aware of as I didn't hide it. We live in the 21st Century, a democracy and people have free will and no one tells anyone what to do, especially bully boy CWU asses, like your mate who posted trash too, aiden something or another. You lot make me laugh, funny, funny people.......................
:Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16726
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Us *Whalley's made a lot of progress in 2014

Post by clashcityrocker »

twincamms wrote:Oh clash, you're soooo boring, cutting and pasting private messages and bringing our disagreements into the public domain, just so you can get your friends on side, it's pathetic and childish but highly amusing. :thumbup
Nothing is private.
I wasn't aware we were having a disagreement.
I don't have any friends.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Us *Whalley's made a lot of progress in 2014

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

I have been accused of defending clashcityrocker I did not defend him, I merely pointed out how such information could be obtained.

I also received a PM complaining about clashcityrocker posting a PM between 2 individuals and was asked to delete it . Whilst I could have addressed that quietly and behind the scenes, before I even had a chance of deleting it and having a discussion about it with clash, the complaint was torpedoed by twincamms responding to the post and thereby negating any action I could take, or ask clashcityrocker to take.

Can I remind members that if you complain/report a post then for the Moderators to take effective action we suggest you do not respond to the offending post. We even suggest that in the rules:

If you suspect anyone of trolling do not respond to their posts as this will only encourage them. Most internet trolls post objectionable material or opinions just to get a reaction, if members do not respond then a troll will get bored and leave. If you believe a member is trolling then PM Postman or one of the Moderators.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Re: Us *Whalley's made a lot of progress in 2014

Post by General Mannerheim »

Yeah I can confirm clash has no friends. :chuckle
Well maybe inflatable Ingrid but that's his business. :nana
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Us *Whalley's made a lot of progress in 2014

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

twincamms posts have been deleted on his request.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.