ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Tracked notification

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Re: Tracked notification

Post by rubberbond »

twincamms wrote:I've just tracked a packet I'm expecting from DPD today.

It's on another level, first you get an email and simultaneous text, then you go online, you can see a statistic, it says 'Driver has delivered parcel number 48 your parcel is number 63', underneath that it says 'your estimated delivery time is 1435 - 1535' then there's a Google map with an icon of your house on it and an icon of the vans location which updates every five minutes, you can see the guy moving in real time.

If we ever get this technology, I'd like to see how it effects our workforce and practises.
Their PDA's are light years ahead of ours,cameras,tea makers,(not really ,but you get the drift)