ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Do letterboxes need modernising?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

Re: Do letterboxes need modernising?

Post by CPTNemoUK »

Dorset Plodder wrote:BT Homehubs aren't the problem. I've seen some letterboxes you couldn't get a CD through....I jest not! :shock:
I've had to P739 a love film before today :arrrghhh
Nigel1505
Posts: 409
Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
Gender: Male

Re: Do letterboxes need modernising?

Post by Nigel1505 »

janitor wrote:Oh come on a lot of people can't even manage to put a number on their house, can't expect them to have a decent letterbox.
Here Here. But what about the people who put numbers on their waste bins, but not on their house. Many times have I discovered the house number by looking at the bin. :arrrghhh
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Do letterboxes need modernising?

Post by Dorset Plodder »

toomuchcoke wrote:
Chelseablue wrote:Some people are too posh to put a number on there door ,p
Especially when one moves into one's new home, removes the perfectly serviceable number from the outside and then gives one's house a pretentious name? :arrrghhh
Know what you mean Coke....It really Burns my Ass as well. :mad Had a new built, they ignored the Number and called it "Done Roaming", or some such BS. I started putting on the Red..."Dear Customer this mail doesn't show your correct postal address ..." Stickers (which I think are a great idea and I use loads! It draws the customers attention to the fact that about 3 posties have wasted their time trying to figure out WTF! :mad

When I got a chance to talk to the customer I pointed out there was another "Done Roaming" literally 20m away on the other side of the road...AND another one about 100m around the corner! "That's why we like customers to use their full address Sir"! :whistle
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Do letterboxes need modernising?

Post by Dorset Plodder »

clashcityrocker wrote:
sophie97 wrote:
Yes we have a very posh road, the numbering now goes 3, 3a, Sundance, 3b, outlook. Nightmare
Is the last house on Elm Street.
Ha Ha Very Good Clash! :Applause
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Do letterboxes need modernising?

Post by Dorset Plodder »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
trevjim wrote:I've also encountered an upside down letter box, this is actually surprisingly dangerous as it springs back and traps your fingers
If the letterbox is incorrectly fitted and therefore dangerous or likely to cause harm then the Manager should be informed and the householder informed of their responsibilities. If the defect isn't addressed then deliveries should be suspended.
Worth Remembering TBT....But do you really think those idle buggers are going to was any time trying to sort those type of problems? :hmmmm Really hate those ones where the spring stabs you in the end of the finger Ouch! :mad
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)