What did your Cover have to do when you wanted to work your day off?Tuffers1875 wrote:I used to be full time and worked my day off, so I bagged all my tips.
As for the other 2 duty holders, put it like this, I won't be moving off my rota and me being messed about so you can work your day off and you do your own duty on o/t again
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
RDC and christmas tips
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: RDC and christmas tips
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Tuffers1875
- Posts: 146
- Joined: 14 Nov 2012, 15:27
- Gender: Male
Re: RDC and christmas tips
What did your Cover have to do when you wanted to work your day off?Dorset Plodder wrote:[quote=""Tuffers1875"]I used to be full time and worked my day off, so I bagged all my tips.
As for the other 2 duty holders, put it like this, I won't be moving off my rota and me being messed about so you can work your day off and you do your own duty on o/t again
Read my post again numbskull
-
saddlerposty
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 248
- Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 18:20
- Gender: Male
Re: RDC and christmas tips
clash, no offence mate but there is a big difference between being a "tight git" and being a soft touch, if you knew my skiving, work shy, couldn't give a toss about anyone but himself floater, I'm sure you would understand. I don't like being taken for a mug and I sure aint no soft touch. give me a decent floater and I'll happily share my wealth.clashcityrocker wrote:Perhaps it is time to break the cycle.saddlerposty wrote:Tips are given because of the good work the regular posty does 5 days a week, customers like to see a regular face every day and can get suspicious or wary of a stranger handling their mail. Back in the day before floaters we used to work a six day week and "strangers" were only seen if the regular was off on leave or sick.
In my opinion most , not all but most, reserves and floaters don't a give a "flying fox" as you put it about the quality of service they offer when covering a duty.
its all down to a " its not my duty not my problem" attitude.
I certainly wouldn't give my floater a share.
Bring back the 6 day week I say.
Be the bigger man and extend the hand of generosity.
Maybe they have the attitude they have because of the attitude they perceive you have.
IE - They don't give a flying fox because you are a tight git.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Re: RDC and christmas tips
A couple in our office always work their days off so the only time anyone else does it, is when one is on a/l. They cleared over a grand between them this yr! I got about £50 and a couple of bottles.
-
saddlerposty
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 248
- Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 18:20
- Gender: Male
Re: RDC and christmas tips
another reason to bring back the six day, shorter hours week, then there's no arguments about working days off etc.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: RDC and christmas tips
If my rest day cover didn't doorstep packets on my day off I would surely get at least 20% more in tips
in which case I would gladly give him one-sixth. 
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: RDC and christmas tips
Read my post again numbskullTuffers1875 wrote:What did your Cover have to do when you wanted to work your day off?Dorset Plodder wrote:[quote=""Tuffers1875"]I used to be full time and worked my day off, so I bagged all my tips.
As for the other 2 duty holders, put it like this, I won't be moving off my rota and me being messed about so you can work your day off and you do your own duty on o/t again
No need for name calling Tuffers,
Now that you're PT, and in a similar situation to your old cover, you don't seem willing to let them work their day off on their own duty, and Mess you about!
Just seemed like double standards to me.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Tuffers1875
- Posts: 146
- Joined: 14 Nov 2012, 15:27
- Gender: Male
Re: RDC and christmas tips
No need for name calling Tuffers,Dorset Plodder wrote:Read my post again numbskullTuffers1875 wrote:What did your Cover have to do when you wanted to work your day off?Dorset Plodder wrote:[quote=""Tuffers1875"]I used to be full time and worked my day off, so I bagged all my tips.
As for the other 2 duty holders, put it like this, I won't be moving off my rota and me being messed about so you can work your day off and you do your own duty on o/t again
Now that you're PT, and in a similar situation to your old cover, you don't seem willing to let them work their day off on their own duty, and Mess you about!
Just seemed like double standards to me.
I worked my day off because I signed up to work it every week on S/A. I didn't have anyone cover my day off as cover. Is that easy enough to understand?
Sheesh.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: RDC and christmas tips
Well Thanks for explaining that Tuffers.
I remember the Good Old Days when I felt like working my day off due to staff shortages, I used to get the extra day paid at SA as well.
Certainly don't have the inclination to work my Rest Day now...I'm too knackered! You have a good Christmas.
Certainly don't have the inclination to work my Rest Day now...I'm too knackered! You have a good Christmas.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Tuffers1875
- Posts: 146
- Joined: 14 Nov 2012, 15:27
- Gender: Male
Re: RDC and christmas tips
That's that cleared up thenDorset Plodder wrote:Well Thanks for explaining that Tuffers.I remember the Good Old Days when I felt like working my day off due to staff shortages, I used to get the extra day paid at SA as well.
Certainly don't have the inclination to work my Rest Day now...I'm too knackered! You have a good Christmas.
-
Happybunny87
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 14 Nov 2013, 09:45
- Gender: Female
Re: RDC and christmas tips
I'd quite happily give my day off cover some of my tips but they never attempt to put any D2Ds in on my day off, seems to run round, delivers no end of stuff wrong, wrecks the van, leaves the van looking like a bin, never fills it up when it needs filling up, doesn't know how to politely speak to people and has nicked my waterproofs so no I don't think they deserve it?
-
Dave Smith Road Kill
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 18 Dec 2014, 19:21
- Gender: Male
Re: RDC and christmas tips
Same as mine then mate. I get totally sick of him, cocky sod as well, I wouldn't have him delivering milk let alone post.Happybunny87 wrote:I'd quite happily give my day off cover some of my tips but they never attempt to put any D2Ds in on my day off, seems to run round, delivers no end of stuff wrong, wrecks the van, leaves the van looking like a bin, never fills it up when it needs filling up, doesn't know how to politely speak to people and has nicked my waterproofs so no I don't think they deserve it?
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: RDC and christmas tips
I feel sorry for anyone whose saddled with an absolute bellend for a partner, be it van share of your reserve. Do you think there should be a system for changing their job within the office?
I've not heard of one. Most of our van shares are still relatively new and although I know a few that aren't getting on they just seem to grin and bear it!
As previously mentioned it can be a pain if your Day Off Cover is an idiot. Some people are confident enough to discuss the problems with them, but I know a lot of "Quiet Types" who wouldn't say anything.
I have know some Posties to put in a Disagreement over such things, but that seems a bit drastic.
As previously mentioned it can be a pain if your Day Off Cover is an idiot. Some people are confident enough to discuss the problems with them, but I know a lot of "Quiet Types" who wouldn't say anything.
I have know some Posties to put in a Disagreement over such things, but that seems a bit drastic.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: RDC and christmas tips
True of most delivery offices, people do whatever they want to suit them then justify it however they like. Some of the pettiness and underhand tactics I've seen in RM is like being back in primary school, delivery office gossip is just as bad.Dorset Plodder wrote:
No need for name calling Tuffers,you obviously missed the irony? My point was: When you were FT you say you worked your days off and bagged all your tips. Obviously your Cover had no say in it (and in your words was "Messed About", by you) I was asking what did he have to do because you chose to work?
Now that you're PT, and in a similar situation to your old cover, you don't seem willing to let them work their day off on their own duty, and Mess you about!
Just seemed like double standards to me.
-
Energie_man
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 10:32
Re: RDC and christmas tips
I would never give away any tips I earn, they are given to me for the job I have done and the service I have provided throughout the year,this includes sharing with park and loop partner .
If he was as welcoming and happy towards customers as I was then I'm sure they would offer him a tip and not me.
I've earned £145 this year plus few bottles plonk and it don't be shared.
If he was as welcoming and happy towards customers as I was then I'm sure they would offer him a tip and not me.
I've earned £145 this year plus few bottles plonk and it don't be shared.