ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

The Great Christmas Stamp Givaway....

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
bluealbert
Posts: 176
Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 16:13
Gender: Male

Re: The Great Christmas Stamp Givaway....

Post by bluealbert »

Dorset Plodder wrote:
secluder wrote:
If anyone should benefit from Royal Mail failure it should be the general public. There would be no positive outcome for any Royal Mail staff if the great stamp debacle was addressed and rectified. The extra profit would simply be passed along the bonus route with managers and executives getting the large majority and the donkeys thrown a few carrots.

I wonder how much the public gives us yearly in 'good will gestures''? One thing is for sure, they appreciate us a lot more than the entity which employs us, so I would personally advise a slight priority revision when it comes to worrying about a few crumbs falling from the plate...
Not really sure what point you're trying to make Secluder. I presume you suggest that we just let all these unfranked stamps pass through the system to the public, and give them a free hand out of stamps (similar to the one we get as employees)?

You mention a lot of "Good will gestures"from the public. You may have the ideal duty but I constantly get more hassle/crap from customers than goodwill. That's part of the job....Just like cancelling any unfranked stamps. Wasn't so long ago that PTers couldn't get FT contracts because the Business wasn't making enough money and was running a really tight budget.

It may seem small amounts but I'm sure if you added up all the Free Stamps, Free Keepsafes, Free Unofficial Redirections, Free Business Collections that some Posties take it upon themselves to give away it would come to a few bob! :shock: These Freebies have a direct effect not on the Bonuses of Managers but on the likelyhood of Working Class Posties being able to keep their jobs & Pters having the opportunity to step up to FT! :pray

I'm not a great of Management, or the way Royal Mail treat their staff. but lets not make it easier for them to plead poverty and cut jobs. If you like Charity why not get a job after work in one of the Charity shops? :cool
Couldn't agree more mate :thumbup :Very Happy
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

Re: The Great Christmas Stamp Givaway....

Post by wannabeek »

Yay! Well said! I cancel about £200 of stamps a day at this time of year. I don't care if it's a doddery old granny or an ebay fiend receiving them. I still think the price of a stamp is pretty darned cheap for what you get, compared to other items of the same price. No way I'm walking up a driveway and popping a free 50p through the letterbox at this time of year!
jimmynailsalive
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 305
Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
Gender: Male

Re: The Great Christmas Stamp Givaway....

Post by jimmynailsalive »

wannabeek wrote:Yay! Well said! I cancel about £200 of stamps a day at this time of year. I don't care if it's a doddery old granny or an ebay fiend receiving them. I still think the price of a stamp is pretty darned cheap for what you get, compared to other items of the same price. No way I'm walking up a driveway and popping a free 50p through the letterbox at this time of year!
Been doing the same and actually seen my first one that had obviously been reused as had a tiny bit of envelope sticking out the corner.

Obviously we shouldn't have to do it but I've worked in the stamping part of a MC with Angard before and after 6 hours I said to the guy next to me as we tossed small packets into the Yorks if we should be stamping something and he said he didn't know, we were too busy trying to guess what was first and 2nd class to worry about stamping anything. :chuckle