ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

something like a postman guide...

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: something like a postman guide...

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

troubadour2012en wrote:oh, thanks for info, trueblue :) I'll put that on my list of "Don't s"...
:thumbup :thumbup :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
redheadedwoman
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 132
Joined: 17 Aug 2011, 14:58
Gender: Female

Re: something like a postman guide...

Post by redheadedwoman »

Its a bit old but covers most things

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 36&t=13909" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
troubadour2012en
Posts: 33
Joined: 14 Dec 2014, 13:40
Gender: Male

Re: something like a postman guide...

Post by troubadour2012en »

redheadedwoman, thank you very very much. Now, that's what I was looking for!...:)
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: something like a postman guide...

Post by arnold cheshire »

troubadour2012en wrote:Hi all!
I have just started in this job, two days ago. I would like to know if there is something like a postman guide, like a "manual" of the job. I'm still struggling, trying to understand the elementary stuff, like what kind of delivery should be scanned (whit PDA)/signed, and witch shouldn't. It would be great if I could find (and download) something like an electronic book whit all these instructions what a postman need to know. Thank you very much indeed.
step 1 walk into the delivery office step 2 speak to dom step 3 go to fitting step 4 start to throw mech in etc ?