ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Christmas bonus today?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1693
Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
Gender: Male
Location: hiding on the backstreets

Re: Christmas bonus today?

Post by fb1969 »

Yes. I am guessing you are on 30 hours as that is what I got for the "incentive" payment, but I got the full £100 for the other as I have been made up to full time for December (and have been doing f/t for the last 4 months anyway).
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
korky
Posts: 797
Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28

Re: Christmas bonus today?

Post by korky »

no wage slip today
are both parts pro rata based on actual hours worked over a period?
been doing over 39 p/w for a while apart from holiday pay or my sat/mon off
ddtc
Posts: 253
Joined: 16 Jul 2012, 19:42
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas bonus today?

Post by ddtc »

Just checked mine, and got paid £64.10 for both bonuses. I'm contracted to 25hrs but have worked full time hrs the past 2/3 years. Apart from obvious holidays and they did reduce some hours at the beginning this year but quickly put me back on full time hours as they could not cope.

I did have 2 days sick leave last week so should I of received more? And if so how do I contact?
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32815
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas bonus today?

Post by POSTMAN »

ddtc wrote:Just checked mine, and got paid £64.10 for both bonuses. I'm contracted to 25hrs but have worked full time hrs the past 2/3 years. Apart from obvious holidays and they did reduce some hours at the beginning this year but quickly put me back on full time hours as they could not cope.

I did have 2 days sick leave last week so should I of received more? And if so how do I contact?
Going sick if you get full sick pay makes no difference to how much you get.
Also,get your rep to have a look at this...
2.7.7 The level of part time Employees’ contracted hours will be reviewed by the
Employer and the CWU locally on a six monthly basis. Where appropriate,
increased contracted hours will be offered to reflect the hours actually
worked and planned.
http://www.cwu.org/assets/_files/docume ... Stabil.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Altrider
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 81
Joined: 12 Feb 2013, 17:29
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas bonus today?

Post by Altrider »

CWUc XMAS Bonus plus the Incentive Underpin Payment (WhoTF makes these phrases up?!) But.....Also have something called Business Transitional LS. Any idea peeps? :hmmmm
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Christmas bonus today?

Post by k979aaa »

Altrider wrote:CWUc XMAS Bonus plus the Incentive Underpin Payment (WhoTF makes these phrases up?!) But.....Also have something called Business Transitional LS. Any idea peeps? :hmmmm
It is a payment for the old colleague shares that were not paid out and the union got the £100 paid out at Christmas but you will get this payment regardless of any strike action or reduced sick pay as long as your in place as of today!
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16726
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Christmas bonus today?

Post by clashcityrocker »

Altrider wrote:But.....Also have something called Business Transitional LS. Any idea peeps? :hmmmm
This is a payment for revision activity from the BT 2010 agreement. Maximum payment £1000 usually paid in 3 instalments.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Altrider
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 81
Joined: 12 Feb 2013, 17:29
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas bonus today?

Post by Altrider »

Thank you chaps - you have resolved the questions in my mind! :Very Happy (and there was me thinking Wages had efcked things up again!)
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas bonus today?

Post by greengiant »

I'm on a 30hr a week contract, and I've been put up to 39hr a week for December.

Having a look at my pay slip: Xmas Bonus (CWU) £100, Incentive Underpin Payment £76.92 ? I thought I'd get the full xmas bonus as I've been made up to full time for december?
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1693
Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
Gender: Male
Location: hiding on the backstreets

Re: Christmas bonus today?

Post by fb1969 »

You are in exactly the same position as me and have been paid exactly the same. The £100 bonus is the full rate, but the £76.92 is pro-rata. Not the full bonus, but better than last year when I was claiming 9 hours a week so only got pro-rata on the full amount.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Christmas bonus today?

Post by arnold cheshire »

greengiant wrote:I'm on a 30hr a week contract, and I've been put up to 39hr a week for December.

Having a look at my pay slip: Xmas Bonus (CWU) £100, Incentive Underpin Payment £76.92 ? I thought I'd get the full xmas bonus as I've been made up to full time for december?
that is the full xmas bonus £100