ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Ridiculous customer complaints.
-
stan_lers
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 04 Nov 2014, 21:52
- Gender: Male
Re: Ridiculous customer complaints.
Had plenty of people coming out saying "sorry I didn't hear you knock" after posting a 739, but a few weeks ago I posted the card through, started walking down the drive and a woman came to the door and said "sorry, I thought I heard someone knock the door". 
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Ridiculous customer complaints.
This one is from a week or so back. Guy came out to complain that I don't safeplace his parcels as his note on the porch window requests. Told him his unlockable greenhouse isn't safe, he insisted it was and that I should rethink my attitude towards customer service. Told him he was a recipent and the customer was the person who paid the postage at the other end. A long drawn out discussion as to who was the customer and who was merely an agent acting on their behalf ensued and a call to the office followed. Boss pulls me and tells me to make sure I leave the customers stuff with a neighbour and that they guy is an utter ring piece. i try to leave his parcels with the lady who works at a pub and doesn't get in until after midnight.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
-
ShropshireLad
- Posts: 100
- Joined: 09 Oct 2010, 17:02
- Gender: Male
Re: Ridiculous customer complaints.
Had one yesterday. Had a recorded for a customer on my round. Pleasant husband opens door and signs then suddenly angry wife appears shouting " This should have been here yesterday! My sister sent it Special Delivery to arrive yesterday and it's a day late! blah - blah - blah" I pointed out to her that it was a Recorded Delivery letter not a Special, and she said "Well, you (presumably meaning me!) must have sold her the wrong thing!" I took another look at the letter and discovered that it had only been posted the day before and when I pointed this out to her she actually accused Royal Mail of changing the date on the postmark to cover up our mistake! Her poor husband just stood there looking at his shoes. She said she was going to take matters further and she did! Fair do's, our DOM has told her politely where to get off.