ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Parcel Deliveries Forcing Neighbour Interaction

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
Sir Henry
Posts: 1316
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
Gender: Male

Parcel Deliveries Forcing Neighbour Interaction

Post by Sir Henry »

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/soci ... 3121682083" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:wink:

Parcel deliveries forcing neighbour interaction
16-12-13
BRITONS are having to visit neighbours because they have their Amazon stuff.

Across the UK, thousands are having to go next door to collect Christmas packages their neighbours grudgingly accepted from delivery drivers.

Mother-of-two Emma Bradford said: “Since moving in two years ago I studiously avoided all neighbourly contact. Because all neighbours are from hell.

“Then yesterday I saw the rectangular card saying they had signed for my husband’s footballer biography.

“I knocked on the door and after five minutes’ of TB-style coughing a humanoid form was visible through the glass.

“The door opened a crack and a clawed hand emerged holding a small cardboard box with my name on it.

“The house smelled strongly of peanuts and I think I saw a goat moving around in there.”

Roy Hobbs from Swindon said: “After my neighbours signed for my DHL parcel I feel a terrible sense of debt to them.

“I’m going to have to give them a f***ing Christmas card now.”
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
dave72
Posts: 415
Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
Gender: Male

Re: Parcel Deliveries Forcing Neighbour Interaction

Post by dave72 »

Just send the kids round for the parcel :thumbup
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Re: Parcel Deliveries Forcing Neighbour Interaction

Post by 5plusbonusball »

Do they think we like to interact with people? we like to just post stuff , not talk to people , unless they're giving tips! :Very Happy
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: Parcel Deliveries Forcing Neighbour Interaction

Post by datasaint »

Some people are like a parcel repository for their neighbours, it's embarrassing really, if you've no intention of being in get a 'return all parcels to office' sticker.
Sir Henry
Posts: 1316
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
Gender: Male

Re: Parcel Deliveries Forcing Neighbour Interaction

Post by Sir Henry »

..or alternatively you can ponce off your neighbours goodwill just like Royal Mail are doing.
Personally I'd place a sign with a tariff of charges on my front door for parcel storage. And those ignorant bastards who don't pick up their parcels for days on end ( a few of these on my walk) would pay through the nose.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"