Scanning the packet for that address , not deliveredTrueBlueTerrier wrote:Its another postie - with a PDA
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Caught on camera: Rushing postman who does not even attempt
-
edwardo
- Posts: 180
- Joined: 23 Sep 2010, 19:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Caught on camera: Rushing postman who does not even att
-
Thunderthighs
- Posts: 990
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 19:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Caught on camera: Rushing postman who does not even att
They obviously don't work for a living...were watching the Jeremy Kyle show, no doubt?
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Caught on camera: Rushing postman who does not even att
I agree with Jimboaby,his version makes sense.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32801
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Caught on camera: Rushing postman who does not even att
While i'm not postie of the year,in cases like that I would knock again...just in case.jimboaby wrote:Thinking about it, the only thing that makes sense here is that delivery was attempted and noone was in and the postie had ran out of p739 cards meaning they had to return at the end of the loop to post the card.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
masterblaster
- Posts: 285
- Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 20:12
- Gender: Male
Re: Caught on camera: Rushing postman who does not even att
RM
I have done this before. As usual there would be more to it than appears.
I may have attempted delivery and found no answer to the knock/bell.
Having found I didn't have any P739 cards on me, I would have left one when going past in the van.
So who's to say this person who 'was in' hadn't just come in from the garden, or got out the shower? I don't know that. How long do YOU wait for no one to answer the door? Do YOU knock again if you are walking back past a house where you didn't get a reply?
So he attempted at 12.30?
Don't judge people on what you think is apparent until you know all the sides of the story.
I have done this before. As usual there would be more to it than appears.
I may have attempted delivery and found no answer to the knock/bell.
Having found I didn't have any P739 cards on me, I would have left one when going past in the van.
So who's to say this person who 'was in' hadn't just come in from the garden, or got out the shower? I don't know that. How long do YOU wait for no one to answer the door? Do YOU knock again if you are walking back past a house where you didn't get a reply?
So he attempted at 12.30?
Don't judge people on what you think is apparent until you know all the sides of the story.
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Caught on camera: Rushing postman who does not even att
He may have been spotted on the cctv earlier in that case attempting delivery.masterblaster wrote:RM
I have done this before. As usual there would be more to it than appears.
I may have attempted delivery and found no answer to the knock/bell.
Having found I didn't have any P739 cards on me, I would have left one when going past in the van.
So who's to say this person who 'was in' hadn't just come in from the garden, or got out the shower? I don't know that. How long do YOU wait for no one to answer the door? Do YOU knock again if you are walking back past a house where you didn't get a reply?
So he attempted at 12.30?
Don't judge people on what you think is apparent until you know all the sides of the story.
-
masterblaster
- Posts: 285
- Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 20:12
- Gender: Male
Re: Caught on camera: Rushing postman who does not even att
And would these residents know or bother to look 12 minutes earlier on the video? No.
And would it then be something they could complain about? No.
And would it then be something they could complain about? No.
Bahia Feliz wrote:He may have been spotted on the cctv earlier in that case attempting delivery.masterblaster wrote:RM
I have done this before. As usual there would be more to it than appears.
I may have attempted delivery and found no answer to the knock/bell.
Having found I didn't have any P739 cards on me, I would have left one when going past in the van.
So who's to say this person who 'was in' hadn't just come in from the garden, or got out the shower? I don't know that. How long do YOU wait for no one to answer the door? Do YOU knock again if you are walking back past a house where you didn't get a reply?
So he attempted at 12.30?
Don't judge people on what you think is apparent until you know all the sides of the story.
-
greasyweasel
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 26 Jul 2007, 13:24
Re: Caught on camera: Rushing postman who does not even att
The truth behind this over hyped story is that the postman attempted to deliver a parcel to the property,as there was no answer he started to write out a p739 when his pen ran out,so he completed the remainder of his round picked up his partner and went back to the property borrowing his pen to write out the 739.Unknown to him the occupants had returned home.In my opinion he had already attempted to deliver the parcel it was just unfortunate they were in.I wish the media would obtain all the facts behind the picture before they crucify a hard working bloke.Merry Xmas to everyone.jimboaby wrote:Thinking about it, the only thing that makes sense here is that delivery was attempted and noone was in and the postie had ran out of p739 cards meaning they had to return at the end of the loop to post the card.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32801
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Caught on camera: Rushing postman who does not even att
He should of knocked again.greasyweasel wrote:The truth behind this over hyped story is that the postman attempted to deliver a parcel to the property,as there was no answer he started to write out a p739 when his pen ran out,so he completed the remainder of his round picked up his partner and went back to the property borrowing his pen to write out the 739.Unknown to him the occupants had returned home.In my opinion he had already attempted to deliver the parcel it was just unfortunate they were in.I wish the media would obtain all the facts behind the picture before they crucify a hard working bloke.Merry Xmas to everyone.jimboaby wrote:Thinking about it, the only thing that makes sense here is that delivery was attempted and noone was in and the postie had ran out of p739 cards meaning they had to return at the end of the loop to post the card.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: Caught on camera: Rushing postman who does not even att
Obviously thought it was the Jehovahs so didn't bother to check, posties pen ran out so he drove away , got his mate to write a card and came back to post it, simples. How many ignore all the knocks only to magically appear at the sight of a red card coming through?
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Caught on camera: Rushing postman who does not even att
your all missing the point, the real crime here is that hes running! 
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Caught on camera: Rushing postman who does not even att
I've done a similar thing before - but it was a note to say which neighbour I'd left it with on the previous loop when the pen died. The lady at the door couldn't work it out, understandably, seeing just me driving up with a card to say it was over the road because she had no idea I'd been there 15 mins previously while she was out!
Thankfully she didn't ring up to complain or call the newspapers, just asked me the next day. When explained it makes sense.
However, if returning the parcel to the office I would have knocked again, just in case.
Thankfully she didn't ring up to complain or call the newspapers, just asked me the next day. When explained it makes sense.
However, if returning the parcel to the office I would have knocked again, just in case.
-
jimboaby
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 21:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Caught on camera: Rushing postman who does not even att
So true. Average around 3 or 4 a day doing parcel deliveries at christmas where the door flies open and they say oh I didn't hear you knock. That's funny you didn't hear me ring the bell, rattle the letterbox and chap the door, but the noise of a p739 card hitting the floor was enough5plusbonusball wrote:Obviously thought it was the Jehovahs so didn't bother to check, posties pen ran out so he drove away , got his mate to write a card and came back to post it, simples. How many ignore all the knocks only to magically appear at the sight of a red card coming through?
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Caught on camera: Rushing postman who does not even att
Fair comment, as I've done that before, or returned because I DTN'd a parcel further down the street. The public love to point the finger though like they've scored a victory.jimboaby wrote:Thinking about it, the only thing that makes sense here is that delivery was attempted and noone was in and the postie had ran out of p739 cards meaning they had to return at the end of the loop to post the card.
On a side note those Doblo vans look so trashy when the front hub cap comes off, why don't they keep spares.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Caught on camera: Rushing postman who does not even att
Probably thought it was the bailiffs or the cops till the p739 hit the floor.jimboaby wrote:So true. Average around 3 or 4 a day doing parcel deliveries at christmas where the door flies open and they say oh I didn't hear you knock. That's funny you didn't hear me ring the bell, rattle the letterbox and chap the door, but the noise of a p739 card hitting the floor was enough5plusbonusball wrote:Obviously thought it was the Jehovahs so didn't bother to check, posties pen ran out so he drove away , got his mate to write a card and came back to post it, simples. How many ignore all the knocks only to magically appear at the sight of a red card coming through?