ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
postmen driven into unloading pouches from rear of van.
-
glenfiddich
- Posts: 1012
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15
Re: postmen driven into unloading pouches from rear of van.
right thats it im only gonna use the side door now.What are the odds i get mown down by a granny on her mobility scooter?
-
miles_peters
- Posts: 298
- Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 12:29
- Gender: Male
Re: postmen driven into unloading pouches from rear of van.
side doors on some of our vans are broke, so no choice but to unload from the rear
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: postmen driven into unloading pouches from rear of van.
Yeah, my missus prefers that too.miles_peters wrote:side doors on some of our vans are broke, so no choice but to unload from the rear
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: postmen driven into unloading pouches from rear of van.
bustedflush wrote:Yeah, my missus prefers that too.miles_peters wrote:side doors on some of our vans are broke, so no choice but to unload from the rear
-
freelunch
- Posts: 358
- Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 20:39
- Gender: Male
Re: postmen driven into unloading pouches from rear of van.
The sun being low in the sky at this time of year maybe another factor? I doubt the van driver has driven at the posties purposely.bustedflush wrote:I hope the two posties are OK.
If anyone remembers, I had a thread last December about being injured in a RM van smash as a passenger. This week a postie wrote a van off at our DO but was fortunately uninjured apart from shock.
This accident - DECEMBER!
Now I don't have figures, but it does seem that there is a link here. The time of year when drivers/staff are working silly hours and are exhausted, and I'd hazard a guess this goes for that DPD driver too.
It has to said, you are limited in hours driving a HGV, but these are no such limits for van drivers. These incidents aren't all coincidence surely...
"Everybody has a plan.. until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson
-
westham000
- Posts: 106
- Joined: 17 Nov 2011, 18:44
- Gender: Male
Re: postmen driven into unloading pouches from rear of van.
Would the DOM call this an accident, or an incident ? Hope the 2 posties make a full recovery.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: postmen driven into unloading pouches from rear of van.
Indeed that's another consideration, but it's nearly as low in November and January and the frequency of incidents seems to be less. A combination of low sun and I believe the biggest factor, tiredness, is potentially lethal.freelunch wrote:The sun being low in the sky at this time of year maybe another factor? I doubt the van driver has driven at the posties purposely.bustedflush wrote:I hope the two posties are OK.
If anyone remembers, I had a thread last December about being injured in a RM van smash as a passenger. This week a postie wrote a van off at our DO but was fortunately uninjured apart from shock.
This accident - DECEMBER!
Now I don't have figures, but it does seem that there is a link here. The time of year when drivers/staff are working silly hours and are exhausted, and I'd hazard a guess this goes for that DPD driver too.
It has to said, you are limited in hours driving a HGV, but these are no such limits for van drivers. These incidents aren't all coincidence surely...
-
Hourglass
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 19 Nov 2012, 21:57
- Gender: Male
Re: postmen driven into unloading pouches from rear of van.
Both posites out of hospital. Luckily one was was still in passenger seat and received minor injuries. The other was at the rear and got caught between the dpd van,own van and back door , he received injuries that required skin grafts.
-
R@YAL F@IL
- Posts: 448
- Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 19:31
- Gender: Male
Re: postmen driven into unloading pouches from rear of van.
AnotherLimey wrote:No doubt RM will find them blame worthy
Said in jest but very very true I'm sad to say
NO bags on shoulders please except for Moya who keeps her big fat wage packet in hers
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: postmen driven into unloading pouches from rear of van.
more detailed story now in News http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 18&t=67121" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
but many many many thanks for the updates Hourglass - much appreciated
but many many many thanks for the updates Hourglass - much appreciated
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3621
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Re: postmen driven into unloading pouches from rear of van.
Re my bold H&S may well be looking into this, the private courier business of cutting T&Cs to the bone may well be looked at.bustedflush wrote:Indeed that's another consideration, but it's nearly as low in November and January and the frequency of incidents seems to be less. A combination of low sun and I believe the biggest factor, tiredness, is potentially lethal.freelunch wrote:The sun being low in the sky at this time of year maybe another factor? I doubt the van driver has driven at the posties purposely.bustedflush wrote:I hope the two posties are OK.
If anyone remembers, I had a thread last December about being injured in a RM van smash as a passenger. This week a postie wrote a van off at our DO but was fortunately uninjured apart from shock.
This accident - DECEMBER!
Now I don't have figures, but it does seem that there is a link here. The time of year when drivers/staff are working silly hours and are exhausted, and I'd hazard a guess this goes for that DPD driver too.
It has to said, you are limited in hours driving a HGV, but these are no such limits for van drivers. These incidents aren't all coincidence surely...
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: postmen driven into unloading pouches from rear of van.
A van crushing your legs is going to do more than superficial skin damage, he'll be lucky to walk unaided again.Hourglass wrote:Both posites out of hospital. Luckily one was was still in passenger seat and received minor injuries. The other was at the rear and got caught between the dpd van,own van and back door , he received injuries that required skin grafts.
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3621
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Re: postmen driven into unloading pouches from rear of van.
.norm wrote:A van crushing your legs is going to do more than superficial skin damage, he'll be lucky to walk unaided again.Hourglass wrote:Both posites out of hospital. Luckily one was was still in passenger seat and received minor injuries. The other was at the rear and got caught between the dpd van,own van and back door , he received injuries that required skin grafts.
And only 20, I hope he gets a massive compo to support him for the rest of his life.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.