I know. And so does everybody else in the office. Unfortunately the only ones who are prepared to say something are in a tiny minority, about 25%. And the ones that will do something, as you suggest, number about 4%.tiggle wrote:managers aren't supposed to be doing opg work. that's why staff aren't made up and allows lapsing .you should down tools until it stopsSpy wrote:Well at least in my office the managers don't stand around doing jack s**t. They are normally prepping walks, doing redi's, dead letters, sorting, doing the missorts and actually going out on delivery. Like today. All because the runners have to finish inside their duty time. Oh and also because there is not enough work for the managers to do.5plusbonusball wrote:Managers standing around eating sandwiches doesn't help , managers walking to and fro with a kettle in their hand doesn't help , we're snowed under , dead pda's if you are lucky to get 2 to a pair, no diesel , no tracked stickers, no screens to read, no wtll , no porters - no help , MANAGERS DON'T HELP STOOD AROUND CHATTING!
And all this is before we go out and they start their 4 hour office break/chatting! Get rid of managers (except the dom and underdom). Fed up of saying this
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Staff Morale
-
Spy
- Posts: 107
- Joined: 12 Nov 2013, 17:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Staff Morale
-
Spy
- Posts: 107
- Joined: 12 Nov 2013, 17:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Staff Morale
Absolute class. I love it.eastie wrote:That's what I do everyday, let everyone else get stressed and burnt out.Surreypostie wrote:Don't book any then, cut it to zero, cut off.tiggle wrote:Puppetmaster wrote:As a veteran of RM seen many strikes and the reasons behind them .
Normally Christmas time whilst busy ,their is a good atmosphere in the offices, and a chance to earn some docket for reasonable effort ,never any cut offs ,you stay out and clear it ,possible for a hour max .
This Christmas ,morale is so low it is off the scale, far worse than any strike period ,under P&L whole walks coming back ,cut offs of several loops and large packets on several walks everyday.
Almost every one you talk are so fed up that the workload is impossible and Managers simply expect you to stay out and clear it regardless of how long it will take or your own commitments outside work.
Unless staff morale is addressed by either CWU or RM we are heading like Yodell.
Yep and we were told at a briefing this week that too much extended is being booked and we need to up our game. Hmmmmmm
I deliver to my home address which is near to the end of my round and it is always part of my cut off and its hilarious when my DOM does my cut off and has to knock my door with a parcel when I have been home a hour![]()
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Staff Morale
future_RM wrote:So how many other jobs have you applied for in the last 6 months, at a guess ZERO.Jpro747 wrote:The way this company treats its employees its utterly appauling/disgusting! I reckon Channel 4 Dispatches should investigate a random DO just to expose these mofos. The public would be horrified to see what goes on. Managers bullying and shouting at hard working, dedicated posties, sometimes bringing them to tears and causing depression. Many off sick with stress. Putting in grievances and hearing nothing back. The rounds are far too big and nothing ever gets done about it. The company seems to have this arrogant attitude that they won't admit they are wrong.
Your pay and benefits are way above what they should be for an unskilled job and you know you are on to a good thing so get over it when its heavier over the xmas period.
So your saying we should just ignore the problem of bullying/harassment, the fact that many are off sick with stress/depression, and just accept the way it is just because our pay/benefits are good?
And the best way to deal with problems is by running away from them? (i.e. get a new job)
Are you a manager??
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Staff Morale
Hear, hear! I am fortunate to have Xmas week off as rota week. The negative consequence of this is having to embark tomorrow on my 5th. consecutive week of heavy work, the price you pay if off at Xmas as no leave allowed from mid-November onwards. I am shattered, still aching from extending over 2hrs. yesterday Sat. As well as my problem knee, I am physically exhausted and can't participate in family life during my (brief) weekend. The pre-Christmas atmosphere has passed me by.krussel wrote:I think every Postie is willing to put in that extra effort for the xmas period. In all my years we have only failed to clear the office once and that was years back when the dom decided for some reason to put out all the mailsort on xmas eve.
This year is different though. Following the revision walks are pushing 5.30 hrs under Christmas pressure. Its just too much work to achieve almost every day for 3 weeks. Staff become just too physically tired, worn out and deppressed.
Personally ive opted out as family comes before a few extra quid in the bank but iam still working hard.
The person before with the "man up" type comment clearly has no real experience of real delivery work over the Christmas period.
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Staff Morale
Why go over by 2 hoursbustedflush wrote:Hear, hear! I am fortunate to have Xmas week off as rota week. The negative consequence of this is having to embark tomorrow on my 5th. consecutive week of heavy work, the price you pay if off at Xmas as no leave allowed from mid-November onwards. I am shattered, still aching from extending over 2hrs. yesterday Sat. As well as my problem knee, I am physically exhausted and can't participate in family life during my (brief) weekend. The pre-Christmas atmosphere has passed me by.krussel wrote:I think every Postie is willing to put in that extra effort for the xmas period. In all my years we have only failed to clear the office once and that was years back when the dom decided for some reason to put out all the mailsort on xmas eve.
This year is different though. Following the revision walks are pushing 5.30 hrs under Christmas pressure. Its just too much work to achieve almost every day for 3 weeks. Staff become just too physically tired, worn out and deppressed.
Personally ive opted out as family comes before a few extra quid in the bank but iam still working hard.
The person before with the "man up" type comment clearly has no real experience of real delivery work over the Christmas period.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Staff Morale
To be fair you need to hear the whole story here - I have cut-off Thu/Fri last week as I always do if necessary whatever the time of year due to school run responsibilities. Mon-Wed was quite light surprisingly and didn't need to go over. As I get sarcasm for cutting off, to prove a point I told the lino it doesn't matter me going over Saturday as missus is home and no school. Just to prove I wasn't being cussed and awkward sort-of-thing. And sod's law we had a horrendous day, the perfect storm of heavy packets, mail, Virgin Media mass-junking to 50% of the calls on both rounds and a mass-mailing from the local MP to every single address on one round. That was why I went over, the only time in the whole week.eastie wrote:Why go over by 2 hoursbustedflush wrote:Hear, hear! I am fortunate to have Xmas week off as rota week. The negative consequence of this is having to embark tomorrow on my 5th. consecutive week of heavy work, the price you pay if off at Xmas as no leave allowed from mid-November onwards. I am shattered, still aching from extending over 2hrs. yesterday Sat. As well as my problem knee, I am physically exhausted and can't participate in family life during my (brief) weekend. The pre-Christmas atmosphere has passed me by.krussel wrote:I think every Postie is willing to put in that extra effort for the xmas period. In all my years we have only failed to clear the office once and that was years back when the dom decided for some reason to put out all the mailsort on xmas eve.
This year is different though. Following the revision walks are pushing 5.30 hrs under Christmas pressure. Its just too much work to achieve almost every day for 3 weeks. Staff become just too physically tired, worn out and deppressed.
Personally ive opted out as family comes before a few extra quid in the bank but iam still working hard.
The person before with the "man up" type comment clearly has no real experience of real delivery work over the Christmas period., know wonder you have a dodgy knee. Is it worth it to be crippled just for an extra £15 take home after tax. You have no sympathy from me and definately none from the DOM after Xmas when you are struggling with the holiday brochures and lapsing in January
And yes, I wish I hadn't volunteered in hindsight.....
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Staff Morale
It would be rather nice if you posted opinions and if also you expanded on the basis of those opinions and actually joined in the debate. Sniping from the sidelines with posts designed to agitate rather than inform seem to indicate your jealous of our pay and conditions, but don't worry once you have gained experience on your paper round you might be worthy of joining us in Royal Mail.future_RM wrote:So how many other jobs have you applied for in the last 6 months, at a guess ZERO.Jpro747 wrote:The way this company treats its employees its utterly appauling/disgusting! I reckon Channel 4 Dispatches should investigate a random DO just to expose these mofos. The public would be horrified to see what goes on. Managers bullying and shouting at hard working, dedicated posties, sometimes bringing them to tears and causing depression. Many off sick with stress. Putting in grievances and hearing nothing back. The rounds are far too big and nothing ever gets done about it. The company seems to have this arrogant attitude that they won't admit they are wrong.
Your pay and benefits are way above what they should be for an unskilled job and you know you are on to a good thing so get over it when its heavier over the xmas period.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
pants123
Re: Staff Morale
Clearly future rm is a manager.... says it all with your retarded and brain dead comments....future_RM wrote:So how many other jobs have you applied for in the last 6 months, at a guess ZERO.Jpro747 wrote:The way this company treats its employees its utterly appauling/disgusting! I reckon Channel 4 Dispatches should investigate a random DO just to expose these mofos. The public would be horrified to see what goes on. Managers bullying and shouting at hard working, dedicated posties, sometimes bringing them to tears and causing depression. Many off sick with stress. Putting in grievances and hearing nothing back. The rounds are far too big and nothing ever gets done about it. The company seems to have this arrogant attitude that they won't admit they are wrong.
Your pay and benefits are way above what they should be for an unskilled job and you know you are on to a good thing so get over it when its heavier over the xmas period.
It wont be long before you future RM is out of a job.
Your clearly a clueless, no skills vile manager....
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Staff Morale
I never volunteer to the DOM , I wait until I have tied up and had my meal relief then tell him if I am cutting off.bustedflush wrote:To be fair you need to hear the whole story here - I have cut-off Thu/Fri last week as I always do if necessary whatever the time of year due to school run responsibilities. Mon-Wed was quite light surprisingly and didn't need to go over. As I get sarcasm for cutting off, to prove a point I told the lino it doesn't matter me going over Saturday as missus is home and no school. Just to prove I wasn't being cussed and awkward sort-of-thing. And sod's law we had a horrendous day, the perfect storm of heavy packets, mail, Virgin Media mass-junking to 50% of the calls on both rounds and a mass-mailing from the local MP to every single address on one round. That was why I went over, the only time in the whole week.eastie wrote:Why go over by 2 hoursbustedflush wrote:Hear, hear! I am fortunate to have Xmas week off as rota week. The negative consequence of this is having to embark tomorrow on my 5th. consecutive week of heavy work, the price you pay if off at Xmas as no leave allowed from mid-November onwards. I am shattered, still aching from extending over 2hrs. yesterday Sat. As well as my problem knee, I am physically exhausted and can't participate in family life during my (brief) weekend. The pre-Christmas atmosphere has passed me by.krussel wrote:I think every Postie is willing to put in that extra effort for the xmas period. In all my years we have only failed to clear the office once and that was years back when the dom decided for some reason to put out all the mailsort on xmas eve.
This year is different though. Following the revision walks are pushing 5.30 hrs under Christmas pressure. Its just too much work to achieve almost every day for 3 weeks. Staff become just too physically tired, worn out and deppressed.
Personally ive opted out as family comes before a few extra quid in the bank but iam still working hard.
The person before with the "man up" type comment clearly has no real experience of real delivery work over the Christmas period., know wonder you have a dodgy knee. Is it worth it to be crippled just for an extra £15 take home after tax. You have no sympathy from me and definately none from the DOM after Xmas when you are struggling with the holiday brochures and lapsing in January
And yes, I wish I hadn't volunteered in hindsight.....
If you volunteer early you never know what you are going to have
Best to leave it to last thing .
-
enskied
- Posts: 1877
- Joined: 16 Aug 2013, 17:14
- Gender: Male
Re: Staff Morale
" So how many other jobs have you applied for in the last 6 months, at a guess ZERO.
Your pay and benefits are way above what they should be for an unskilled job and you know you are on to a good thing so get over it when its heavier over the xmas period."
And that is what is wrong with management. No respect at all for the workforce and no understanding of the impact of their disastrous, ill considered reforms. They soon start whinging and crying "poor me" when faced with a few excess sacks of mail to deliver. Once they lose the goodwill of the runners and the buff chasers, which they are doing, lets see them apply their so called skills then. I would also like to see them sticking to their own rules when out on delivery... NOT in their private cars and throwing out all the tracked and recorded stuff, so they can piss off home at their last delivery point.
Your pay and benefits are way above what they should be for an unskilled job and you know you are on to a good thing so get over it when its heavier over the xmas period."
And that is what is wrong with management. No respect at all for the workforce and no understanding of the impact of their disastrous, ill considered reforms. They soon start whinging and crying "poor me" when faced with a few excess sacks of mail to deliver. Once they lose the goodwill of the runners and the buff chasers, which they are doing, lets see them apply their so called skills then. I would also like to see them sticking to their own rules when out on delivery... NOT in their private cars and throwing out all the tracked and recorded stuff, so they can piss off home at their last delivery point.
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: Staff Morale
If you are a manager how many other jobs have you applied for in the last 6 months? Lets face it you would'nt get a management position elsewhere as basically you have no skills apart from bullying staff.future_RM wrote:
So how many other jobs have you applied for in the last 6 months, at a guess ZERO.
Your pay and benefits are way above what they should be for an unskilled job and you know you are on to a good thing so get over it when its heavier over the xmas period.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Staff Morale
I don't know, they are looking for a Production Manager - Milkshake Counter at our local McD'sStormproof wrote:If you are a manager how many other jobs have you applied for in the last 6 months? Lets face it you would'nt get a management position elsewhere as basically you have no skills apart from bullying staff.future_RM wrote:
So how many other jobs have you applied for in the last 6 months, at a guess ZERO.
Your pay and benefits are way above what they should be for an unskilled job and you know you are on to a good thing so get over it when its heavier over the xmas period.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Staff Morale
I think his diedTrueBlueTerrier wrote:I don't know, they are looking for a Production Manager - Milkshake Counter at our local McD'sStormproof wrote:If you are a manager how many other jobs have you applied for in the last 6 months? Lets face it you would'nt get a management position elsewhere as basically you have no skills apart from bullying staff.future_RM wrote:
So how many other jobs have you applied for in the last 6 months, at a guess ZERO.
Your pay and benefits are way above what they should be for an unskilled job and you know you are on to a good thing so get over it when its heavier over the xmas period.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
PJinx69
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 16 Dec 2014, 18:50
- Gender: Male
Re: Staff Morale
mdm wrote:Well I must admit this is my most stressless xmas in 16 years. Why? Because this year I've refused all overtime and just work my hours. That means leaving loop(s) and all the large packets. Do the mis-managers like it, no, do I give a toss, no.
I've done exactly the same. Loads in my office not happy and had enough. Yet they're all in early on OT. I go in to my time and break off everyday. While some people running round killing themselves. Easiest Christmas i've ever had in my 16 years as a postie.