future_RM wrote:Time for RM to make an example of every postie that walked out by terminating their contract of employment.
Im sure there are plenty of others out there willing to step into their roles who would appreciate the generous pay, pension, sick pay, holidays etc.
Does the acceptance of those generous terms mean that they have to accept what they think was unacceptable. Without knowing the cause of the walkout its premature to condemn their actions. However, it is depressing that some see people exercising a Human Right to withdraw their Labour as enough reason to terminate their contract, its even sadder people want to have others punished for a legal act, without first knowing the reasons behind the action.
I hate myself _ I responded to a classic troll
he says things to shock
future_RM wrote:If you dont like it I heard there are quite a few vacancies for cockle pickers.
was posted shortly after the 10th anniversary of the Morecambe Bay disaster, and in a thread which Ling Chong was active in.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Probably I just thought delivering mail on a Sunday just didn't happen or was even allowed, I wonder if I would get away with it if I gave myself a half day on Saturdays!
Walked out Friday over managers trying to go against the Christmas deal. Told do what they say or the office was off pay, 99% then left the office as refused to back down to managers demands. Back to work as normal on Saturday with the issues resolved from Friday. Massive back log so working sunday doing packets was offered but only a few went in and it was mostly managers that were in.
joeyuk wrote:Walked out Friday over managers trying to go against the Christmas deal. Told do what they say or the office was off pay, 99% then left the office as refused to back down to managers demands. Back to work as normal on Saturday with the issues resolved from Friday. Massive back log so working sunday doing packets was offered but only a few went in and it was mostly managers that were in.
99% backing. Superb.
Shame about the " STAFF " that went in on Sunday though.
(Now what could I change the word STAFF to)
1 word answers on a postcard (Minus the stamp. Keep revenue protection in a job)
future_RM wrote:Time for RM to make an example of every postie that walked out by terminating their contract of employment.
Im sure there are plenty of others out there willing to step into their roles who would appreciate the generous pay, pension, sick pay, holidays etc.
Does the acceptance of those generous terms mean that they have to accept what they think was unacceptable. Without knowing the cause of the walkout its premature to condemn their actions. However, it is depressing that some see people exercising a Human Right to withdraw their Labour as enough reason to terminate their contract, its even sadder people want to have others punished for a legal act, without first knowing the reasons behind the action.
I hate myself _ I responded to a classic troll
he says things to shock
future_RM wrote:If you dont like it I heard there are quite a few vacancies for cockle pickers.
was posted shortly after the 10th anniversary of the Morecambe Bay disaster, and in a thread which Ling Chong was active in.
I agree no-one likes knowing they've given a troll the time of day. Then again, it's like the hoax 999-call - you've gotta respond, just in case...
Perhaps the flamer is a genuine ignoramus who writes letters to his local newspaper regarding things he can moan about in the world, of which the extent is what he can view from his lounge window, believing that gives him the 'all-seeing eye'. If that's the case, perhaps one can provide him with the retention rate after six months for newly-inducted delivery people entering our well-paid, well-pensioned, unskilled and easy occupation.......