ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

DHL chancers

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dave72
Posts: 415
Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
Gender: Male

Re: DHL chancers

Post by dave72 »

Postie45 wrote:its great that you all are being diligent and not wanting to deliver these packages, but where is our management pointing this kind of stuff out ? this would be an ideal topic for WTL
At our office we don't have WTL :left:
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Re: DHL chancers

Post by Postie45 »

dave72 wrote:
Postie45 wrote:its great that you all are being diligent and not wanting to deliver these packages, but where is our management pointing this kind of stuff out ? this would be an ideal topic for WTL
At our office we don't have WTL :left:
exactly !
the dragon
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 115
Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 14:33

Re: DHL chancers

Post by the dragon »

My DOM actually got something done about these today and contacted revenue protection about the DHL packets. Apparently, all offices had received an email about this consignment "error" a couple of weeks ago and looks like our management have failed to notify the staff:) The packets are apparently now on the way to an amazon hub in Scotland(Edinburgh?) and as a way of saying "sorry" there will be a payment made to RM for every packet returned. God knows how many packets we have already delivered though, all free of charge!!! Does it not make you warm inside, knowing that we are so well managed :evil/mad
bluealbert
Posts: 176
Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 16:13
Gender: Male

Re: DHL chancers

Post by bluealbert »

the dragon wrote:My DOM actually got something done about these today and contacted revenue protection about the DHL packets. Apparently, all offices had received an email about this consignment "error" a couple of weeks ago and looks like our management have failed to notify the staff:) The packets are apparently now on the way to an amazon hub in Scotland(Edinburgh?) and as a way of saying "sorry" there will be a payment made to RM for every packet returned. God knows how many packets we have already delivered though, all free of charge!!! Does it not make you warm inside, knowing that we are so well managed :evil/mad
Unbelievable ain't it heads at the top should roll,but there's no chance of that,but if we leave a letter in the frame or misdeliver there's hell to play :cry
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: DHL chancers

Post by datasaint »

the dragon wrote:My DOM actually got something done about these today and contacted revenue protection about the DHL packets. Apparently, all offices had received an email about this consignment "error" a couple of weeks ago and looks like our management have failed to notify the staff:) The packets are apparently now on the way to an amazon hub in Scotland(Edinburgh?) and as a way of saying "sorry" there will be a payment made to RM for every packet returned. God knows how many packets we have already delivered though, all free of charge!!! Does it not make you warm inside, knowing that we are so well managed :evil/mad
Well we had instructions to deliver them until we get more information, only today did they hold them back.

Crazy at this busiest time of year we have been delivering other firms packets for free. :nana
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: DHL chancers

Post by Darren Bent »

Caught four parcels yesterday (2 from DHL) and 1 from HDNL (I think) and an unknown one. Management were impressed with my eagle eyes. Only 9 more delivery days left.
pod25
Posts: 240
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 21:13
Gender: Male

Re: DHL chancers

Post by pod25 »

There are idiots in my office who now know what to look for, but they are still delivering them :thumbdown

I have returned at least 10 in the past week. I'm a rural driver and I know all my customers, so when I see them, I quickly explain the situation and tell them to contact Amazon, as it is unlikely they will receive there parcel before Christmas.
the dragon
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 115
Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 14:33

Re: DHL chancers

Post by the dragon »

pod25 wrote:There are idiots in my office who now know what to look for, but they are still delivering them :thumbdown

I have returned at least 10 in the past week. I'm a rural driver and I know all my customers, so when I see them, I quickly explain the situation and tell them to contact Amazon, as it is unlikely they will receive there parcel before Christmas.
We have posties in our office who, for one reason or another, still delivering these packets and Im sure its the same around the country. If you see a suspect packet, just give it to your DOM, its bloody simple!! Why on earth some are still taking them out amazes me,they should just stop and think about what they are doing :evil/mad
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: DHL chancers

Post by aiden01 »

the dragon wrote:
pod25 wrote:There are idiots in my office who now know what to look for, but they are still delivering them :thumbdown

I have returned at least 10 in the past week. I'm a rural driver and I know all my customers, so when I see them, I quickly explain the situation and tell them to contact Amazon, as it is unlikely they will receive there parcel before Christmas.
We have posties in our office who, for one reason or another, still delivering these packets and Im sure its the same around the country. If you see a suspect packet, just give it to your DOM, its bloody simple!! Why on earth some are still taking them out amazes me,they should just stop and think about what they are doing :evil/mad
and at same time think about their jobs why deliver someone else.s mail for free :crazy:
ziggy
Posts: 114
Joined: 10 Jul 2007, 14:26
Gender: Male
Location: Back o Beyond

Re: DHL chancers

Post by ziggy »

the dragon wrote:
pod25 wrote:There are idiots in my office who now know what to look for, but they are still delivering them :thumbdown

I have returned at least 10 in the past week. I'm a rural driver and I know all my customers, so when I see them, I quickly explain the situation and tell them to contact Amazon, as it is unlikely they will receive there parcel before Christmas.
We have posties in our office who, for one reason or another, still delivering these packets and Im sure its the same around the country. If you see a suspect packet, just give it to your DOM, its bloody simple!! Why on earth some are still taking them out amazes me,they should just stop and think about what they are doing :evil/mad
It's the DOM who is saying to deliver them :roll: it's been pointed out to him but he thinks they are legit :d'oh!
Ziggy
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: DHL chancers

Post by DGP1 »

Surely the MC should be intercepting these before they get anywhere near the DOs?

Or is this another case of the MC messing up and the DOs getting the blame (just like what happens with the dozens of tracked that get sent down in the normal packets everyday).
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: DHL chancers

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

ImageImageImage
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

Re: DHL chancers

Post by wannabeek »

Ok, having been intercepting these packets and sending to the local mail centre RP team, we've now been told to deliver them all. The reason being they've all just come back from the local mail centre with a rubber stamp on them saying 'do not surcharge'.

There is clearly a difference of opinion about these packets around the country. They all got delivered by us today so it's too late now if there was any money owing to the company coffers for them.
pod25
Posts: 240
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 21:13
Gender: Male

Re: DHL chancers

Post by pod25 »

We had a updated brief this morning.
A lot has been sent back to our DO, reason being, some do have a CN number in the top right corner, but still no Delivered By Royal Mail or any other signs saying RM delivered them.
A massive confusion over these and a massive cock up.
slave
Posts: 433
Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 21:39
Location: North West

Re: DHL chancers

Post by slave »

Been chucking a fair few at the locker the past week or so, then chucking them back again at the locker the day after as they went to the MC and came back again!!

This should have been flagged up and a brief delivered by management a week or so back in MCs and DOs, but in a communications business RM sometimes fails miserably in communicating with its staff over what I would call an important issue. I've seen loads that haven't been pulled out or spotted, god knows how much time/revenue has been lost because of this farcical situation! Then again, we still have people that think customs charges are to be ignored and delivered without being paid for :no no

And I did spot one lonely little DHL packet this morning that had been stamped "Do not surcharge...."

:crazy: springs to mind..