Yes, we always do, it makes sense.wazz wrote:So I went another office to pick up something. When I was reversing in there yard. I saw about 5 royal mail workers Loading there vans up with packets. Has I was reversing. I wound down the window and said are you doing packets right now. He said yes.
Our office don't get out till 9am latest.
Any other offices doin early packets at 7:30am ??
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Any offices doing packets at 7:30am
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Any offices doing packets at 7:30am
-
freelunch
- Posts: 358
- Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 20:39
- Gender: Male
Re: Any offices doing packets at 7:30am
Lovin the early parcel run, deliver over 90% first time (having choice which large parcels go out).
Take a few extra (my own duty) in case i'm lucky enough to have sufficient time.
Take a few extra (my own duty) in case i'm lucky enough to have sufficient time.
"Everybody has a plan.. until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson
-
jimmynailsalive
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 305
- Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Any offices doing packets at 7:30am
freelunch wrote:Lovin the early parcel run, deliver over 90% first time (having choice which large parcels go out).
Take a few extra (my own duty) in case i'm lucky enough to have sufficient time.
I'm probably nearer 85% with oversized packets in the morning and near 100% after 4pm as it's easy to see what neighbours are in when it's dark and can't chap a neighbour up at 7:45am.
I start on our last walk and work my way back to the office and that gets rid of any specials so we don't need to cut off to do them before 1pm. Few faces have been tripping themselves though after my heavy handed assault on their letterbox and crossed them off the hopeful tip houses.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Any offices doing packets at 7:30am
8 for usDGP1 wrote:We're barely finished sorting by 7.30
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Any offices doing packets at 7:30am
The packet drivers are PT made up to FT for the duration and don't do IPS, using 6 hire vans.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:8 for usDGP1 wrote:We're barely finished sorting by 7.30
-
glass joe
- Posts: 171
- Joined: 11 Mar 2013, 16:59
- Gender: Male
Re: Any offices doing packets at 7:30am
7am but most sneak out at 6.45am, the midnight staff do most of the sorting while there are out.
-
steve1873
- Posts: 800
- Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55
Re: Any offices doing packets at 7:30am
We are out doing packets at 7am.... even tomorrow! Folk just love getting chapped out of bed at 7am on a Saturday :/
-
interesting
- Posts: 217
- Joined: 29 Jun 2012, 19:16
- Gender: Male
Re: Any offices doing packets at 7:30am
That's the thing
Go out to early and it's counter productive , as you end up bringing them back
Especially on a Saturday
Go out to early and it's counter productive , as you end up bringing them back
Especially on a Saturday
-
steve1873
- Posts: 800
- Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55
Re: Any offices doing packets at 7:30am
Ended up not doing Early mornings packets. Didnt make sense given our finishing time is 13:18 Meaning we need to be out on street delivering first letter for 0830 (which we incidentall have missed). There simply isn't enough hours in out office to get the job done. Our second feed arrives at 7am kn saturdays and we sre due to be pulled out and in canteen by 0720.
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Any offices doing packets at 7:30am
Just found out that on the oversize parcel run, drivers don't 739 the undelivered tracked items and bring them back for us to take out again.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Any offices doing packets at 7:30am
Gotta say I don't 739 anything on the early parcel run. Seems unfair to me to give them the only chance of receiving their parcel at 7:30 am or so when they're in the shower or fast asleep. I've been popping a card in with a guess as to when we'll be back on that loop later in the day.
A P&L partner did the early parcel run the other day and it was embarrassing when I knocked on a door at 10am with a parcel and the recipient was standing there with a 739 for a special which I told him he couldn't have until the following day - postie had carded it and handed it back to the locker at the start of the day!
A P&L partner did the early parcel run the other day and it was embarrassing when I knocked on a door at 10am with a parcel and the recipient was standing there with a 739 for a special which I told him he couldn't have until the following day - postie had carded it and handed it back to the locker at the start of the day!