Took out only 60% of the frame and still went 15 mins over.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
The "how much did you cut today" thread
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: The "how much did you cut today" thread
Had bloody Virgin Media flat for almost every other house. Shed loads of weight for this time of year.
Took out only 60% of the frame and still went 15 mins over.
Took out only 60% of the frame and still went 15 mins over.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: The "how much did you cut today" thread
Heard it was light yesterday, but my god, did we pay for it today! I was feeling generous, so said I would only leave a row, knowing I would still go over by some margin (turned out to be about an hour).
-
BingBong
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 755
- Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
- Gender: Female
- Location: the north
Re: The "how much did you cut today" thread
just keep cutting off day after day maybe? if you cant clear it one day how the hell do they expect you to clear it the next? retards.Barbel wrote:I claimed for an hour today. There's no question of cutting off otherwise you just get it in the neck and it will be there waiting for you in the morning.
Toon Army!
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: The "how much did you cut today" thread
haven't gone over at all this December, just cut off every day and work to your time.
They can't bully you into doing O/T
They can't bully you into doing O/T
-
19times
- Posts: 339
- Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
- Gender: Female
Re: The "how much did you cut today" thread
Snapeastie wrote:haven't gone over at all this December, just cut off every day and work to your time.
They can't bully you into doing O/T
-
Barbel
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Re: The "how much did you cut today" thread
When I said I might be cutting off today everyone looked at me like I had 2 heads. We're not allowed to leave anything, we have to take it all out and god help you if you tell the manager you might not complete. You feel bullied into staying out until it's all done and that's what everyone does, no one takes breaks either.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: The "how much did you cut today" thread
Currently I am the only one cutting off. However with people going sick daily I can see other joining me. It does take a thick neck but you have to stick with it.Barbel wrote:When I said I might be cutting off today everyone looked at me like I had 2 heads. We're not allowed to leave anything, we have to take it all out and god help you if you tell the manager you might not complete. You feel bullied into staying out until it's all done and that's what everyone does, no one takes breaks either.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: The "how much did you cut today" thread
Left an hour behind today. So many packets today.
It was still there when I returned on my time. They were offering 3.5 hours so someone will take it.
It was still there when I returned on my time. They were offering 3.5 hours so someone will take it.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
ddtc
- Posts: 253
- Joined: 16 Jul 2012, 19:42
- Gender: Male
Re: The "how much did you cut today" thread
Know the feeling, few people cut off and work over and no breaks. People in early too even though theres no point as they still leave the same time as everyone else.Barbel wrote:When I said I might be cutting off today everyone looked at me like I had 2 heads. We're not allowed to leave anything, we have to take it all out and god help you if you tell the manager you might not complete. You feel bullied into staying out until it's all done and that's what everyone does, no one takes breaks either.
Then when you ask to cut off managers go crazy and threaten you with all sorts. Funny as they never work over and leave early.
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: The "how much did you cut today" thread
Your manager is within his/her rights to ask you to take it all out, but you are within your rights to tell them you're finishing on time and ask them what they want you to do with whatever is left.Barbel wrote:When I said I might be cutting off today everyone looked at me like I had 2 heads. We're not allowed to leave anything, we have to take it all out and god help you if you tell the manager you might not complete. You feel bullied into staying out until it's all done and that's what everyone does, no one takes breaks either.
We still have planks coming in early like every office, but 99% of staff take their break and quite a few will cut off if they want to. We've only completed our P&L twice in the last two weeks. I appreciate you may feel bullied, but you have to say something if you don't want to carry on working to whatever time. I've never worked past 3pm once in 18 years at RM.
-
themailman
- Posts: 399
- Joined: 09 Jun 2010, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Re: The "how much did you cut today" thread
can someone please tell me what you are 'threatened with' if you don't complete your walk?
unless you are a temp/new start, even then it's not on.
unless you are a temp/new start, even then it's not on.
-
Stremy
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 12 Dec 2014, 12:12
- Gender: Male
Re: The "how much did you cut today" thread
Its very hard to stand up when you are the only one.
I expect to chip in a bit by coming in early(payed) but an hour+ on the back end to and it gets too much to do every day.
They make you feel like everyone else is grafting hard and you are the one lazy bloke who wont do his part if you complain.They also get the time sheet out which shows you should be prepping your mammoth walk in less than 2 hours.
Most people I speak to feel hassled into it.They don't do it because they care.
Why should we care about the job now since they seemingly got rid of swings and roundabouts.
I expect to chip in a bit by coming in early(payed) but an hour+ on the back end to and it gets too much to do every day.
They make you feel like everyone else is grafting hard and you are the one lazy bloke who wont do his part if you complain.They also get the time sheet out which shows you should be prepping your mammoth walk in less than 2 hours.
Most people I speak to feel hassled into it.They don't do it because they care.
Why should we care about the job now since they seemingly got rid of swings and roundabouts.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: The "how much did you cut today" thread
you have a simple argument that if everyone else is extending then they are singling you out when everyone else is clearly taking longer than the "specified time" and its YOUR choice whether to do overtime or not.Stremy wrote:Its very hard to stand up when you are the only one.
I expect to chip in a bit by coming in early(payed) but an hour+ on the back end to and it gets too much to do every day.
They make you feel like everyone else is grafting hard and you are the one lazy bloke who wont do his part if you complain.They also get the time sheet out which shows you should be prepping your mammoth walk in less than 2 hours.
Most people I speak to feel hassled into it.They don't do it because they care.
Why should we care about the job now since they seemingly got rid of swings and roundabouts.
-
Stremy
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 12 Dec 2014, 12:12
- Gender: Male
Re: The "how much did you cut today" thread
Its easy for people to laugh about cutting off and saying this and that on a forum but in reality it can be stressful battling with managers.Especially ones more intelligent than you who can blind you with bullshit and make you believe you are doing something wrong.
Not everyone is cut out to fight the managers and really why should we have to.
Not everyone is cut out to fight the managers and really why should we have to.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: The "how much did you cut today" thread
Doing forced overtime is stressful.
Confronting managers is stressful.
Both situations are very stressful and facing a manager and sticking to your guns is the most stress most people will face at work. However, whilst the stress from talking to a manager may continue for a time, eventually it will stop.
Stress from continuing to work what you see as forced overtime will not end till you leave the job. Its ultimately up to each individual to decide which stress they would rather deal with. Long drawn out stress, or sharply increased but relatively short.
However, its a sad state of affairs that people suffer stress at work no matter the cause or reason.
Confronting managers is stressful.
Both situations are very stressful and facing a manager and sticking to your guns is the most stress most people will face at work. However, whilst the stress from talking to a manager may continue for a time, eventually it will stop.
Stress from continuing to work what you see as forced overtime will not end till you leave the job. Its ultimately up to each individual to decide which stress they would rather deal with. Long drawn out stress, or sharply increased but relatively short.
However, its a sad state of affairs that people suffer stress at work no matter the cause or reason.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.