Royal Mail employee from Pinner completes Santa run for charity
http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/news/11657822._/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
A Royal Mail member of staff donned a Santa costume to complete a run and raise money for charity.
Sarah Homapour, 23, from Pinner, works for the company and volunteered to take part in the Stroke Association Stroke Association’s Santa 5k Run in Richmond Park.
The organisation was picked as Royal Mail Group’s Charity of the Year, and with the help of the colleagues, the team managed to raise more than £600 for the charity.
Ms Homapour said: “Nothing says it’s Christmas like dressing up in a Santa suit and running around London.
“I took part in the run because I wanted to support the fantastic work the Stroke Association does, and to ensure they can be there for families who are affected by stroke.
“Being joined by my colleagues made for a really fun experience.”
Gary Grange, from Royal Mail, said: “It’s fantastic to see fundraisers like Sarah and the team supporting our charity of the year and doing everything they can to help us to raise vital funds in aid of Life after Stroke grants.
“In the next two years, we want to raise at least £2 million for the Stroke Association, so that we can change the lives of thousands of people affected by stroke.”
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Royal Mail employee from Pinner completes Santa run
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Royal Mail employee from Pinner completes Santa run
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
wabbithunta
- Posts: 872
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!
Re: Royal Mail employee from Pinner completes Santa run
My niece and her boyfriend did that run too, raising money for a charity they are involved with.
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Royal Mail employee from Pinner completes Santa run
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.