ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
DHL chancers
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
DHL chancers
This past week we've had a lot of Amazon packets come through that DHL should've delivered. They've not even got any sort of RM postage/logo on them. Management in my office flagged it yesterday even though a lot of stuff has already been delivered. Wonder how much money RM have lost! Also it should've been picked up sooner in the MC before it even reaches a DO!
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: DHL chancers
It's dsa packets and parcels hence no rm label, unfortunately all above board and rm only being paid for the final mile just like normal dsa letters
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: DHL chancers
Unless they have the label on them that says 'Deliver by Royal Mail' and the C number thingy then they aren't DSA, I think most of us know what they look like.zx135 wrote:It's dsa packets and parcels hence no rm label, unfortunately all above board and rm only being paid for the final mile just like normal dsa letters
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: DHL chancers
Its definitely not one of ours......had a york full shipped off to Rev Pro yesterday morning.zx135 wrote:It's dsa packets and parcels hence no rm label, unfortunately all above board and rm only being paid for the final mile just like normal dsa letters
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Re: DHL chancers
in our callers office we have charged then the going rate for whatever they have delivered.
surcharged and sent a grey card. upto them to get the money back from DHL.
surcharged and sent a grey card. upto them to get the money back from DHL.
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Re: DHL chancers
Should have sent it back to DHL and let them deal with it, otherwise we are doing their job for them. once the their customers realise that DHL is not coming on time they may well switch to Royal Mail, until that happens as long as we are covering up their laziness it will carry on. if there is no RM or DSA delivery licence number e.g. C12345doorstepped wrote:in our callers office we have charged then the going rate for whatever they have delivered.
surcharged and sent a grey card. up to them to get the money back from DHL.
Better still stopping them at the MC and RDCs in the first place by checking the contents of the trailer before unloading, I would like to see the look of the drivers face when he is told to take it back to DHL.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: DHL chancers
I fear that we will be getting much more of this kind of thing as we get nearer to the big day. 
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
raikky
- Posts: 212
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 01:09
- Gender: Female
Re: DHL chancers
i noticed this in our office some weeks ago. they must be surcharged!
we have around 10 - 20 a day in our office.
hand them to your manager or locker and get them surcharged.
whats not surprising is that we were not informed to look out for these berfore many had passed through us into the customers hands. slow reaction from royal mail. I wont be surprised if some managers just tell their posties to deliver them as normal
we have around 10 - 20 a day in our office.
hand them to your manager or locker and get them surcharged.
whats not surprising is that we were not informed to look out for these berfore many had passed through us into the customers hands. slow reaction from royal mail. I wont be surprised if some managers just tell their posties to deliver them as normal
-
international
- Posts: 85
- Joined: 23 Mar 2010, 09:29
- Gender: Male
Re: DHL chancers
These packets need to be sent to revenue protection. Not to be delivered by Royal MailDGP1 wrote:Unless they have the label on them that says 'Deliver by Royal Mail' and the C number thingy then they aren't DSA, I think most of us know what they look like.zx135 wrote:It's dsa packets and parcels hence no rm label, unfortunately all above board and rm only being paid for the final mile just like normal dsa letters
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: DHL chancers
I've seen DHL labelled Amazon packets originating from Germany but I assumed that's like any foreign mail that gets accepted into the system?
-
raikky
- Posts: 212
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 01:09
- Gender: Female
Re: DHL chancers
clarification from above would be great wouldn't itnorm wrote:I've seen DHL labelled Amazon packets originating from Germany but I assumed that's like any foreign mail that gets accepted into the system?
-
dave72
- Posts: 415
- Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
- Gender: Male
Re: DHL chancers
We don't deliver them, send them back for surcharging
One woman came out saying why should she pay for it. I said why should we deliver it for free
One woman came out saying why should she pay for it. I said why should we deliver it for free
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: DHL chancers
Yes, Deutsche Post is the successor to the German mail authority Deutsche Bundespost, which was privatised in 1995.norm wrote:I've seen DHL labelled Amazon packets originating from Germany but I assumed that's like any foreign mail that gets accepted into the system?
And Deutsche Post AG operates under the trade name Deutsche Post DHL.
-
pod25
- Posts: 240
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 21:13
- Gender: Male
Re: DHL chancers
Our DOM gave us a brief this morning about them. If any are found, we are to return them to the MC to be surcharged.
I know I have already delivered at least 1.
I know I have already delivered at least 1.
-
the dragon
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 115
- Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 14:33
Re: DHL chancers
What exactly do we look for on them? Is it simply "delivered by RM " missing from them? Or is there something else that distinguishes them from ours?pod25 wrote:Our DOM gave us a brief this morning about them. If any are found, we are to return them to the MC to be surcharged.
I know I have already delivered at least 1.
Dont want to sound to naive but surely DOMS should really be explaining how to spot them quickly because the whole DSA debacle really winds me up