ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Postman caught out on CCTV relieving himself in driveway
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Postman caught out on CCTV relieving himself in driveway
Special delivery: Postman caught out on CCTV relieving himself in driveway
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/p ... 05220.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Royal Mail describes the behaviour as 'completely unacceptable'
'It's disgusting and not on,' say residents in Leytonstone
http://www.standard.co.uk/incoming/article9905222.ece/alternates/w620/5postman0512c.jpgThis is the moment a Royal Mail postman was caught on camera apparently relieving himself in the driveway of a London home.
The postman was captured on CCTV walking on to the concrete area by a semi-detached property before appearing to urinate in a corner, yards from the sitting room window.
Interior designer Toby Li, 30, said he was “shocked“ after being shown images of the incident outside his £325,000 ground-floor flat in Queen’s Road, Leytonstone, at about 9.30am yesterday.
Mr Li, who has worked with a series of Premier League footballers, said: “Its disgusting.
“This is the kind of behaviour you expect from someone who is drunk on the way home from a pub, not a postman out on his round. It seems totally wrong and completely unprofessional.
http://www.standard.co.uk/incoming/article9905223.ece/alternates/w620/5postman0512b.jpgThe man walks away after the short pit-stop
“I’ve had the gas man come to read the meter and let him use my toilet. If the postman was so desperate he could have rung on the bell and asked.
“Leytonstone station is only a three minute walk away so he could have gone at the toilets there. Its not on.
“He doesn’t look like my normal postman, I get on well with him.”
Neighbour Usman Butts, 29, a teacher and father-of-two, said: “I’m really surprised a postman would do that in broad daylight while he’s working.
“I’ve got children and I wouldn’t want them seeing it. He obviously had no idea he was going to be caught on camera. No doubt he’ll think twice next time.”
Another neighbour, who asked not to be named, said: “He does his rounds everyday so he must be prepared for this kind of occurrence. He should know what alternatives there are in this situation.”
One onlooker, who saw the event unfold, said: “He’s obviously been caught short but to use someone’s property to go to the toilet is disgusting, especially in full uniform and in broad daylight.
Estate agent sacked for swiping chocolate from flat: I had no choice, I nearly blacked out
“It makes you wonder how much respect he can have for customers if this is how they treat people’s property.”
Delivery driver, 22, Jason Smith, who was also working on the street, said he was sympathetic although he had never done the same.
He said: “Driving around all day and being so busy sometimes there is not a lot you can do when you need to go. He must have thought it would be harmless and wouldn’t get caught.”
A spokeswoman for Royal Mail said: “Royal Mail expects the highest standards of behaviour from our people while out on deliveries and collections. We are investigating this incident.
“This is completely unacceptable behaviour and the individual will face internal disciplinary measures.”
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/p ... 05220.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Royal Mail describes the behaviour as 'completely unacceptable'
'It's disgusting and not on,' say residents in Leytonstone
http://www.standard.co.uk/incoming/article9905222.ece/alternates/w620/5postman0512c.jpgThis is the moment a Royal Mail postman was caught on camera apparently relieving himself in the driveway of a London home.
The postman was captured on CCTV walking on to the concrete area by a semi-detached property before appearing to urinate in a corner, yards from the sitting room window.
Interior designer Toby Li, 30, said he was “shocked“ after being shown images of the incident outside his £325,000 ground-floor flat in Queen’s Road, Leytonstone, at about 9.30am yesterday.
Mr Li, who has worked with a series of Premier League footballers, said: “Its disgusting.
“This is the kind of behaviour you expect from someone who is drunk on the way home from a pub, not a postman out on his round. It seems totally wrong and completely unprofessional.
http://www.standard.co.uk/incoming/article9905223.ece/alternates/w620/5postman0512b.jpgThe man walks away after the short pit-stop
“I’ve had the gas man come to read the meter and let him use my toilet. If the postman was so desperate he could have rung on the bell and asked.
“Leytonstone station is only a three minute walk away so he could have gone at the toilets there. Its not on.
“He doesn’t look like my normal postman, I get on well with him.”
Neighbour Usman Butts, 29, a teacher and father-of-two, said: “I’m really surprised a postman would do that in broad daylight while he’s working.
“I’ve got children and I wouldn’t want them seeing it. He obviously had no idea he was going to be caught on camera. No doubt he’ll think twice next time.”
Another neighbour, who asked not to be named, said: “He does his rounds everyday so he must be prepared for this kind of occurrence. He should know what alternatives there are in this situation.”
One onlooker, who saw the event unfold, said: “He’s obviously been caught short but to use someone’s property to go to the toilet is disgusting, especially in full uniform and in broad daylight.
Estate agent sacked for swiping chocolate from flat: I had no choice, I nearly blacked out
“It makes you wonder how much respect he can have for customers if this is how they treat people’s property.”
Delivery driver, 22, Jason Smith, who was also working on the street, said he was sympathetic although he had never done the same.
He said: “Driving around all day and being so busy sometimes there is not a lot you can do when you need to go. He must have thought it would be harmless and wouldn’t get caught.”
A spokeswoman for Royal Mail said: “Royal Mail expects the highest standards of behaviour from our people while out on deliveries and collections. We are investigating this incident.
“This is completely unacceptable behaviour and the individual will face internal disciplinary measures.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Postman caught out on CCTV relieving himself in driveway
Well at least we now know why the pavements are golden in London 
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
philsdeals19
- Posts: 62
- Joined: 29 Jul 2010, 17:44
- Gender: Male
-
PHARRY
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 327
- Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 17:56
- Gender: Male
Re: Postman caught out on CCTV relieving himself in driveway
Where would you go if you were dying for a pee and there was no toilets to use
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Postman caught out on CCTV relieving himself in driveway
PHARRY wrote:Where would you go if you were dying for a pee and there was no toilets to use
Woods or back alley - not someones house.
In his case I have just checked the local area on Google Maps and there is a Cemetery, A primary School, an Adult Learning Centre and 2 coroner's court all on that street or just off it.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
blackadder
- Posts: 584
- Joined: 04 Jul 2007, 20:49
- Location: deep south
Re: Postman caught out on CCTV relieving himself in driveway
we all been caught short while on delivery but you dont do it against some ones house just off the street. find a nice back alley or something a bit less noticeable
the path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devils own satanic herd
-
DirtyHarry
- Posts: 5051
- Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
Re: Postman caught out on CCTV relieving himself in driveway
£325,000 Ground floor flat.
We really are a nation of total mugs.
We really are a nation of total mugs.
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Re: Postman caught out on CCTV relieving himself in driveway
This is why I miss the old two deliveries pre 1994, in winter you could pee in the dark and nobody would know.
Sometimes nowadays I have a bottle and pee in the back of the van if nothing else was available and make it look like I was sorting parcels etc in the back.
Sometimes nowadays I have a bottle and pee in the back of the van if nothing else was available and make it look like I was sorting parcels etc in the back.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
-
The_Wax_Man
- Posts: 191
- Joined: 11 Nov 2011, 14:18
- Gender: Male
Re: Postman caught out on CCTV relieving himself in driveway
NWpostie wrote:This is why I miss the old two deliveries pre 1994, in winter you could pee in the dark and nobody would know.
Sometimes nowadays I have a bottle and pee in the back of the van if nothing else was available and make it look like I was sorting parcels etc in the back.
^^ Just not in a lucozade bottle, then leave it in the front for the next driver...
-
raikky
- Posts: 212
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 01:09
- Gender: Female
Re: Postman caught out on CCTV relieving himself in driveway
today I walked for over an hour badly needing a piss. yeah I could of asked a customer but I feel embarrassed about this. when u gotta go u gotta go
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Postman caught out on CCTV relieving himself in driveway

Not everyone in Europe gets so excited by the sight of a man going for a wee wee.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
halfull
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 858
- Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Postman caught out on CCTV relieving himself in driveway
clashcityrocker wrote:
Not everyone in Europe gets so excited by the sight of a man going for a wee wee.
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Re: Postman caught out on CCTV relieving himself in driveway
The_Wax_Man wrote:NWpostie wrote:This is why I miss the old two deliveries pre 1994, in winter you could pee in the dark and nobody would know.
Sometimes nowadays I have a bottle and pee in the back of the van if nothing else was available and make it look like I was sorting parcels etc in the back.
^^ Just not in a lucozade bottle, then leave it in the front for the next driver...
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
-
Puppetmaster
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 03 Oct 2008, 19:56
- Gender: Male
Re: Postman caught out on CCTV relieving himself in driveway
All these people who say how disgusting it is ,I have nothing but contempt for .
If you have been outside for hours, and even more so in winter and you need to go ,
Where do you go .
Do you knock on someone's door and ask to use their toilet.
Most of these do gooders,who are so outraged would probably not let you use their toilet ,and that's assuming you can find someone in .
So just where do people expect you to go ,whilst RM might say their are places to go on every walk ,such as pubs and health centres, they are not always open, they could be miles apart ,and if you are using a trolley like officially you are meant to ,what about the security of the mail.!
People in glass houses should not throw stones!
If you have been outside for hours, and even more so in winter and you need to go ,
Where do you go .
Do you knock on someone's door and ask to use their toilet.
Most of these do gooders,who are so outraged would probably not let you use their toilet ,and that's assuming you can find someone in .
So just where do people expect you to go ,whilst RM might say their are places to go on every walk ,such as pubs and health centres, they are not always open, they could be miles apart ,and if you are using a trolley like officially you are meant to ,what about the security of the mail.!
People in glass houses should not throw stones!
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Postman caught out on CCTV relieving himself in driveway
OH he was only having a pee! that's not so bad thenPHARRY wrote:Where would you go if you were dying for a pee and there was no toilets to use