Cuz I've DTN. Not my fault the reliable neighbour hasn't bothered to go and deliver it on RM's behalf. RM want this s**t, they can have it.Hitcher wrote:How in the hell is the recipient meant to know where you've left it then?Tuffers1875 wrote:The recipient of the parcel is not the customer, the sender is the customer.
BTW, I delivered a tracked to a neighbour the other week. I got hauled in the orifice and was asked where I'd left it as the 'customer' hadn't received it, but it was scanned as delivered. I left it with a neighbour, but I couldn't remember which one for sure. I always ask any neighbour if they want me to leave a card stating they are looking after a parcel, most say no, so I don't bother. RM are happy to get rid of parcels at any cost, but when they go missing......this deliver to a neighbour really is ridiculous and is open to all sorts of accusations and compensation claims.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Doorstepping - its ok to do now ?
-
Tuffers1875
- Posts: 146
- Joined: 14 Nov 2012, 15:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Doorstepping - its ok to do now ?
-
Pinky 1
- Posts: 1510
- Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Wales
Re: Doorstepping - its ok to do now ?
Tuffers i think it could be your fault mate. Firstly, you should have scanned the item as safeplace, not delivered. Then you should have returned to the address and on a P739 told them where you had left it.Tuffers1875 wrote:Cuz I've DTN. Not my fault the reliable neighbour hasn't bothered to go and deliver it on RM's behalf. RM want this s**t, they can have it.Hitcher wrote:How in the hell is the recipient meant to know where you've left it then?Tuffers1875 wrote:The recipient of the parcel is not the customer, the sender is the customer.
BTW, I delivered a tracked to a neighbour the other week. I got hauled in the orifice and was asked where I'd left it as the 'customer' hadn't received it, but it was scanned as delivered. I left it with a neighbour, but I couldn't remember which one for sure. I always ask any neighbour if they want me to leave a card stating they are looking after a parcel, most say no, so I don't bother. RM are happy to get rid of parcels at any cost, but when they go missing......this deliver to a neighbour really is ridiculous and is open to all sorts of accusations and compensation claims.
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
-
Mr_Pink
- Posts: 163
- Joined: 14 Jun 2013, 22:09
- Gender: Male
Re: Doorstepping - its ok to do now ?
You might not like the idea of DTN but not leaving a card letting them know you attempted to deliver & have left it with neighbour XY or Z is leaving yourself open to a chat with the DOM!Tuffers1875 wrote:[ Not my fault the reliable neighbour hasn't bothered to go and deliver it on RM's behalf. RM want this s**t, they can have it.
-
dblad
- Posts: 448
- Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 18:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Doorstepping - its ok to do now ?
Sod em, card them and bring it back...safer that way.
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Doorstepping - its ok to do now ?
A safe place is never safe as someone may see you put it there.stan_lers wrote:Lots of people have obvious safe places, like garages, sheds, those green plastic garden storage boxes etc. Almost no one that offers tracked even gives customers the option of entering a safeplace when they order though, which makes it fairly pointless.
In the customers hand or a 739 card
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Doorstepping - its ok to do now ?
RM will blame you if you haven't left a card at the original address and the neighbour denies having received it. They may still deny receiving it if you leave a card but at least there is a paper trail when the DOM wants a word.Tuffers1875 wrote:Cuz I've DTN. Not my fault the reliable neighbour hasn't bothered to go and deliver it on RM's behalf. RM want this s**t, they can have it.Hitcher wrote:How in the hell is the recipient meant to know where you've left it then?Tuffers1875 wrote:The recipient of the parcel is not the customer, the sender is the customer.
BTW, I delivered a tracked to a neighbour the other week. I got hauled in the orifice and was asked where I'd left it as the 'customer' hadn't received it, but it was scanned as delivered. I left it with a neighbour, but I couldn't remember which one for sure. I always ask any neighbour if they want me to leave a card stating they are looking after a parcel, most say no, so I don't bother. RM are happy to get rid of parcels at any cost, but when they go missing......this deliver to a neighbour really is ridiculous and is open to all sorts of accusations and compensation claims.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.