ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Scots postie in bikini takes dip in freezing Antartic waters

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Scots postie in bikini takes dip in freezing Antartic waters

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Scots postie in bikini takes dip in freezing Antartic waters at bottom of the world http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scott ... ip-4716211" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

Image

AMY Kincaid, 23, celebrated becoming the world's most southerly post-mistress at the Port Lockroy office.

Amy Kincaid, 23, from Oban, has taken up the job with the UK Antarctica Heritage TrustAmy Kincaid, 23, from Oban, has taken up the job with the UK Antarctica Heritage Trust

A SCOT celebrated becoming the world’s most southerly postmistress – by jumping into freezing Antarctic waters in a bikini.

Amy Kincaid, 23, is part of a team of four manning the office at Port Lockroy in the British Antarctic Territory.

They share their tiny island home with 2000 smelly penguins.

And they have to sweep penguin poo off the path to the hut so 18,000 cruise ship passengers a year can send postcards home.

The team will hand-frank 70,000 postcards from the Penguin Post Office , which is also the continent’s only gift shop.

The temperature averages -10C. There’s no running water, no mains electricity, no internet, no phone signal and no central heating.

This is geography graduate Amy’s first trip to the Antarctic – which has fascinated her since she was a child.
http://i3.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article4716207.ece/alternates/s615b/JS51839218.jpg
Amy is the world's most southerly post-mistress

Amy, from Oban , said: “I did a project in primary seven about Antarctica and got really interested in it and ever since then it’s been on my radar as a place I wanted to go to.

“Then I saw the job advertised and I’d just finished university so realised it was a great opportunity.

“The post goes to the Falklands, then it’s distributed from the UK.

“As far as I’m aware, it only costs 65p to send a postcard anywhere in the world.”

The team are working for the UK Antarctica Heritage Trust for four months during the frozen continent’s summer.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.