ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Leamington postman was a knight in an orange jacket

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Leamington postman was a knight in an orange jacket

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Leamington postman was a knight in an orange jacket for pensioner

http://www.leamingtoncourier.co.uk/news ... -1-6439705" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.leamingtoncourier.co.uk/webimage/1.6439704.1417003325!/image/3507018848.jpg_gen/derivatives/articleImgDeriv_628px/3507018848.jpgA Leamington pensioner has thanked her postman for coming to her rescue after she was trapped in her house for hours after she had a fall.

Beth Halford, 72, of King Street, broke her left shoulder and arm when she tripped and fell on the evening of November 12.

She was stuck in the same spot for more than 12 hours before she heard postman Martin Newey talking to neighbours and called for help.

Luckily Mr Newey heard Mrs Halford and despite her asking him to break down her door he instead borrowed a ladder and squeezed through an upstairs window before making her comfortable and then calling an ambulance.

Mrs Halford, who lives alone, said: “Martin was a good samaritan who went above the call of duty. “I couldn’t thank him enough.

“I can’t describe how I felt - I was desperate to get to a window and to make sure somebody heard me.”

Mr Newey has been a postman for 16 years and has delivered Mrs Halford’s mail for about eight of those.

The 41-year-old father of one, who lives in Long Itchington, said: “I barely heard Beth’s calls as I was listening to music in one ear but when I realised she was in trouble she asked me to bash down the door.

“I didn’t want to do that so I asked her neighbour for a ladder and climbed through the window where I found her lying on the floor.

“I’m just relieved that I heard her when I did, especially considering how long she had been there and that she could have been there for longer.

“I know how much stuff Beth has been through - this was the last thing she needed.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
rhino49
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1644
Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 21:50
Gender: Male
Location: At home with my feet up

Re: Leamington postman was a knight in an orange jacket

Post by rhino49 »

well done that man :Applause
We wish to serve - but we will not be servile