ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Courier Special.Our Strategy In Focus????
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Re: Courier Special.Our Strategy In Focus????
I simply havnt the enthusiasm to open and read it.its doom and gloom yet again,dont get me wrong,after 35 years i still love the job,but the stuff from above does start to wear a bit thin at times,do my job and go home,after several gripes to moya on have your say,they seem to have an answer for everything, miles from the truth, bored with it now,just hope i have my oention to enjoy 
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Courier Special.Our Strategy In Focus????
I knew it would be right up your alley!5plusbonusball wrote:I thought it came in very handy actually, I found I had no bog roll in the house at a crucial moment !
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Courier Special.Our Strategy In Focus????
Have you noticed the paper quality is the same as that found in the traps at work.rubberbond wrote:I knew it would be right up your alley!5plusbonusball wrote:I thought it came in very handy actually, I found I had no bog roll in the house at a crucial moment !

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Courier Special.Our Strategy In Focus????
What is with the strategy of creating Delivery Methods workloads several years ago, that incorporated 30 work time learning on Tuesday mornings, yet Tuesdays are tricky to complete delivery inside contract hours without the work time learning?
Before we even hit "Xmas pressure" in December, it is already tricky to complete Tuesdays inside contract hours without work time learning or doing general indoor work (a number of OPGs have been doing early start IPS and parcel overtime for months).
We had a whole 3 WTLLs in a row in the middle of the summer, the only ones I can recall all year, almost doubling the amount of WTLL I can recall from the previous four years put together!
Yet they expect us to open this propaganda at home to read and digest policy in our own time, rather than use the 30 minutes national standard weekly WTLL to tell us stuff like this, because they know damn well a lot more will cut off than those that will mop up the created overtime.
Before we even hit "Xmas pressure" in December, it is already tricky to complete Tuesdays inside contract hours without work time learning or doing general indoor work (a number of OPGs have been doing early start IPS and parcel overtime for months).
We had a whole 3 WTLLs in a row in the middle of the summer, the only ones I can recall all year, almost doubling the amount of WTLL I can recall from the previous four years put together!
Yet they expect us to open this propaganda at home to read and digest policy in our own time, rather than use the 30 minutes national standard weekly WTLL to tell us stuff like this, because they know damn well a lot more will cut off than those that will mop up the created overtime.
-
Mr_Pink
- Posts: 163
- Joined: 14 Jun 2013, 22:09
- Gender: Male
Re: Courier Special.Our Strategy In Focus????
And using the quoted figures, that amounts to just over £1700 per PDA, although I haven't taken into account a few million £ needed to implement a new I.T system, someone in procurement needs a rocket up their arse if thats the best price they can get, makes Apple devices seem cheap.dvbuk55 wrote:I read this the first time and didn't think anything of it but 76, 000 seems a pretty low figure for hand held capture devices by 2016/17 or am I reading too much into this.
-
bensonhedge
- Posts: 448
- Joined: 15 Mar 2010, 20:14
- Gender: Male
Re: Courier Special.Our Strategy In Focus????
Here's my strategy-start paying the f#cking overtime right for a start
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
-
oypostie
- Posts: 919
- Joined: 25 Dec 2007, 13:39
Re: Courier Special.Our Strategy In Focus????
What's work time learning. All we get is a huddle when we have a quiet dayincorporated 30 work time learning on Tuesday mornings
-
El-Bandito
- Posts: 313
- Joined: 27 Jan 2009, 14:14
- Gender: Male
Re: Courier Special.Our Strategy In Focus????
Praise indeed to all. I thought I was going paranoid. Remember that madmoya got kicked out of Canada for stating that Canada rail could become even more efficient if 'we' just make the rolling stock even longer. This just before trains started coming off the rails, causing death. Corporate manslaughter is in force now. Just a thought.