ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Day off Christmas week is Christmas Day:(
-
da'bunny
- Posts: 239
- Joined: 08 May 2007, 20:47
Re: Day off Christmas week is Christmas Day:(
Just be glad you get a day off every other week of the year. At my office we HAVE to work mon - sat with no day off 
Just say NO ....to the new agreement.
-
Theghost
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 417
- Joined: 17 Mar 2009, 16:44
- Gender: Male
Re: Day off Christmas week is Christmas Day:(
The ruling is if they cant give you a different day off that week you have 2 options.
1 A day in lieu.
2 8 hours overtime,Or whatever you usually work.
I take the overtime every time.
Do not let your DOM Tell you that you cant have it,You can,It applies for all Bank holidays
1 A day in lieu.
2 8 hours overtime,Or whatever you usually work.
I take the overtime every time.
Do not let your DOM Tell you that you cant have it,You can,It applies for all Bank holidays
-
capricorn1959
- Posts: 15
- Joined: 19 Jun 2014, 22:27
- Gender: Female
Re: Day off Christmas week is Christmas Day:(
My scheduled day off that week is boxing day.
As I am the following week on annual leave I have tried to book it as a day off out of my nine days owing this year, but the boss was having none if it.
Said they weren't allowed to have it, so neither were we, so I am owed a day in lieu.
Ghost I have never heard of being able to claim it back as ot???
I'd much rather get paid for the day than try to actually get it back, cause that's a battle in itself!
I am just waiting to see which one of our two managers doesn't show up this 27th dec.
I'm sure one of em will stay at home, even though none of us can take the day off unless rotation week or scheduled day off.
One rule for them one rule for us, the real workers!
Grrrrrr
As I am the following week on annual leave I have tried to book it as a day off out of my nine days owing this year, but the boss was having none if it.
Said they weren't allowed to have it, so neither were we, so I am owed a day in lieu.
Ghost I have never heard of being able to claim it back as ot???
I'd much rather get paid for the day than try to actually get it back, cause that's a battle in itself!
I am just waiting to see which one of our two managers doesn't show up this 27th dec.
I'm sure one of em will stay at home, even though none of us can take the day off unless rotation week or scheduled day off.
One rule for them one rule for us, the real workers!
Grrrrrr
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Day off Christmas week is Christmas Day:(
how come? how many hours a day do you work.?da'bunny wrote:Just be glad you get a day off every other week of the year. At my office we HAVE to work mon - sat with no day off
-
da'bunny
- Posts: 239
- Joined: 08 May 2007, 20:47
Re: Day off Christmas week is Christmas Day:(
Its some stupid SA agreement that our SA day is Saturday but its compulsory. Hours are :
Mon, Wed, Thur, Fri 6.10am - 2.05pm
Tues 6.10am - 1.23pm
Sat 6.10am - 1.30pm
Total 46hrs 13 mins a week
Is that amount of working hours even legal?
Mon, Wed, Thur, Fri 6.10am - 2.05pm
Tues 6.10am - 1.23pm
Sat 6.10am - 1.30pm
Total 46hrs 13 mins a week
Is that amount of working hours even legal?
Just say NO ....to the new agreement.
-
Mr_Pink
- Posts: 163
- Joined: 14 Jun 2013, 22:09
- Gender: Male
Re: Day off Christmas week is Christmas Day:(
But SA is only compulsory if you agreed to it surely?
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Day off Christmas week is Christmas Day:(
can you not opt out of scheddie though?
-
da'bunny
- Posts: 239
- Joined: 08 May 2007, 20:47
Re: Day off Christmas week is Christmas Day:(
Cant opt out :-( prob some clause in contract.
Just say NO ....to the new agreement.