ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Saturday 27th December

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
denhamhoop
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 303
Joined: 07 Oct 2010, 19:53
Gender: Male

Re: Saturday 27th December

Post by denhamhoop »

Well i know for a fact that Greenford MC are working Boxing Day Night so if ur in W HA NW SL or UB postcode expect lots of Amazon and other post
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Saturday 27th December

Post by krussel »

If any other recent xmas eve is to go by then managers will be patting themselves on the back and be out the door by 10am. At 13.20 pm posties will be coming back with cut offs that will sit in the office till after xmas.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Saturday 27th December

Post by dvbuk55 »

fishtank wrote:
doctorwho wrote:I have it booked off!!! :nana
It's "forecast" to be one of the quietest days of the year, that's assuming everything is cleared by Christmas Eve. :nervous
Me too! I retire on the 24th :Very Happy

As you say ft, it's forecast to be the quietest of days but I remember one year when the Christmas stuff hadn't been cleared and it was horrendous mostly parcels but quite a lot of Christmas cards too.
mentaltheshots
Posts: 36
Joined: 04 Apr 2010, 10:25
Gender: Male

Re: Saturday 27th December

Post by mentaltheshots »

Day of Christmas Eve, Day's a/l 27th, weeks a/l 29th. Finnish 23rd not back in till 5th Jan :nana
Sir Henry
Posts: 1316
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
Gender: Male

Re: Saturday 27th December

Post by Sir Henry »

dvbuk55 wrote:I retire on the 24th :Very Happy .
Congratulations!

One of the lads at our d.o. retires the same day. We think he's mad to put himself through another Xmas but I suppose it'll make looking after the grandbairns seem a doddle.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Saturday 27th December

Post by dvbuk55 »

Sir Henry wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:I retire on the 24th :Very Happy .
Congratulations!

One of the lads at our d.o. retires the same day. We think he's mad to put himself through another Xmas but I suppose it'll make looking after the grandbairns seem a doddle.
Long overdue really and I wouldn't but am getting grief off my wife and son they say 69 is long enough. :sad:
P13
Posts: 1016
Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
Gender: Male

Re: Saturday 27th December

Post by P13 »

dvbuk55 wrote:
Sir Henry wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:I retire on the 24th :Very Happy .
Congratulations!

One of the lads at our d.o. retires the same day. We think he's mad to put himself through another Xmas but I suppose it'll make looking after the grandbairns seem a doddle.
Long overdue really and I wouldn't but am getting grief off my wife and son they say 69 is long enough. :sad:
69 :shock:
rhino49
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1644
Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 21:50
Gender: Male
Location: At home with my feet up

Re: Saturday 27th December

Post by rhino49 »

P13 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
Sir Henry wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:I retire on the 24th :Very Happy .
Congratulations!

One of the lads at our d.o. retires the same day. We think he's mad to put himself through another Xmas but I suppose it'll make looking after the grandbairns seem a doddle.
Long overdue really and I wouldn't but am getting grief off my wife and son they say 69 is long enough. :sad:
69 :shock:
Can a 69 be too long ?
We wish to serve - but we will not be servile
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Saturday 27th December

Post by dvbuk55 »

rhino49 wrote:
P13 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
Sir Henry wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:I retire on the 24th :Very Happy .
Congratulations!

One of the lads at our d.o. retires the same day. We think he's mad to put himself through another Xmas but I suppose it'll make looking after the grandbairns seem a doddle.
Long overdue really and I wouldn't but am getting grief off my wife and son they say 69 is long enough. :sad:
69 :shock:
Can a 69 be too long ?
Now how did I know I was about to get ribald comments? :chuckle :chuckle I knew I should have said 68 :angel
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Re: Saturday 27th December

Post by Postie45 »

fishtank wrote:
It's "forecast" to be one of the quietest days of the year, that's assuming everything is cleared by Christmas Eve. :nervous
lapsing for all that day !
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Saturday 27th December

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Postie45 wrote:
fishtank wrote:
It's "forecast" to be one of the quietest days of the year, that's assuming everything is cleared by Christmas Eve. :nervous
lapsing for all that day !
Its the only way DOMs will know to get at least some OPGs a day off. If you're working on Saturday 27th I think you'll be lapsing.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Sbutts8182
Posts: 136
Joined: 30 Mar 2013, 20:12
Gender: Male

Re: Saturday 27th December

Post by Sbutts8182 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Postie45 wrote:
fishtank wrote:
It's "forecast" to be one of the quietest days of the year, that's assuming everything is cleared by Christmas Eve. :nervous
lapsing for all that day !
Its the only way DOMs will know to get at least some OPGs a day off. If you're working on Saturday 27th I think you'll be lapsing.
We've been informed that because traffic is expected to be extremely low to be prepared to absorb 7 Dutys, we only have 20 to start off with.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Saturday 27th December

Post by krussel »

dvbuk55 wrote:Me too! I retire on the 24th
Well done that man :thumbup :Very Happy

You are never 68 years old :hmmmm

How many years did your sentence last. :shock:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
Rockerboots
Posts: 6
Joined: 15 Dec 2013, 14:07
Gender: Male

Re: Saturday 27th December

Post by Rockerboots »

You can be sure the penpushers will be finished early xmas eve and wont be seen again until the following week. :mad

Come on RM do something to boost moral for a change, give us all the day off. :nana

Who cares if we get stuffed on Monday. :thumbup
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Saturday 27th December

Post by dvbuk55 »

krussel wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:Me too! I retire on the 24th
Well done that man :thumbup :Very Happy

You are never 68 years old :hmmmm

How many years did your sentence last. :shock:
Yes I am 68 I was born in 1946 and have been with RM 25 years give or take and by and large have had a ball, on leave next week and then 3 weeks @ 3 days a week, then hanging up my clogs for good :wave