ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Post by krussel »

Bahia Feliz wrote:
OnAFlyer wrote:We took mail and tracked packets only today. We were 20 minutes over and took every packet for both walks back to the office. And it's not even December for another 2 weeks :nana
Doesn't make sense that! You said
OnAFlyer wrote:We took mail and tracked packets only today.
Then you said
OnAFlyer wrote:and took every packet for both walks back to the office.

Which one was it? Or was it both? :crazy:

Seems pretty clear to me :hmmmm

It appears that Flyer did not have time to delivery normal packets so used the time to deliver Tracked packets only. The normal packets for both walks were returned to the office.

I think that's it. :Very Happy
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Re: Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Post by Bahia Feliz »

krussel wrote:
Bahia Feliz wrote:
OnAFlyer wrote:We took mail and tracked packets only today. We were 20 minutes over and took every packet for both walks back to the office. And it's not even December for another 2 weeks :nana
Doesn't make sense that! You said
OnAFlyer wrote:We took mail and tracked packets only today.
Then you said
OnAFlyer wrote:and took every packet for both walks back to the office.

Which one was it? Or was it both? :crazy:

Seems pretty clear to me :hmmmm

It appears that Flyer did not have time to delivery normal packets so used the time to deliver Tracked packets only. The normal packets for both walks were returned to the office.

I think that's it. :Very Happy
krussel wrote:Seems pretty clear to me :hmmmm
Clear as mud to me :shock:
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Post by OnAFlyer »

Bahia Feliz wrote:
OnAFlyer wrote:We took mail and tracked packets only today. We were 20 minutes over and took every packet for both walks back to the office. And it's not even December for another 2 weeks :nana
Doesn't make sense that! You said
OnAFlyer wrote:We took mail and tracked packets only today.
Then you said
OnAFlyer wrote:and took every packet for both walks back to the office.

Which one was it? Or was it both? :crazy:

Both what? As Krussel said, we took the mail and tracked items only. Every packet for both walks that wouldn't fit through the letterbox went back to the office.
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Re: Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Post by Bahia Feliz »

OnAFlyer wrote: Both what? As Krussel said, we took the mail and tracked items only. Every packet for both walks that wouldn't fit through the letterbox went back to the office.
Every Tracked packet you mean?
BarnsleyLackey
Posts: 349
Joined: 24 Aug 2011, 16:07
Gender: Male

Re: Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Post by BarnsleyLackey »

He delivered the mail and the tracked. Any parcels that needed knocking for, he brought back, to try and save time.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Post by krussel »

Bahia Feliz wrote:
OnAFlyer wrote: Both what? As Krussel said, we took the mail and tracked items only. Every packet for both walks that wouldn't fit through the letterbox went back to the office.
Every Tracked packet you mean?

No he delivered or attempted all the tracked mail. :wink:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
lylehillboonen
Posts: 22
Joined: 24 Nov 2009, 20:54
Gender: Male

Re: Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Post by lylehillboonen »

We have to authorise our OT before heading out.....fair enough but the patronising way we are challenged about it ie 'do u have a bulk posting' and more nonsense of the like. So during Christmas pressure I am seriously considering not working OT at all. Anyone have any thoughts on this approach? I don't want OT never have jus work it to avoid daily spats with the pimps but now I'm sick of being treated like a school kid!!
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Post by krussel »

lylehillboonen wrote:We have to authorise our OT before heading out.....fair enough but the patronising way we are challenged about it ie 'do u have a bulk posting' and more nonsense of the like. So during Christmas pressure I am seriously considering not working OT at all. Anyone have any thoughts on this approach? I don't want OT never have jus work it to avoid daily spats with the pimps but now I'm sick of being treated like a school kid!!
I ve already told the dom that I am only working my hours over Christmas. I think our rep may cut the lads a deal but personally I don't want to be still walking the streets at 4pm.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
lylehillboonen
Posts: 22
Joined: 24 Nov 2009, 20:54
Gender: Male

Re: Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Post by lylehillboonen »

krussel wrote:
lylehillboonen wrote:We have to authorise our OT before heading out.....fair enough but the patronising way we are challenged about it ie 'do u have a bulk posting' and more nonsense of the like. So during Christmas pressure I am seriously considering not working OT at all. Anyone have any thoughts on this approach? I don't want OT never have jus work it to avoid daily spats with the pimps but now I'm sick of being treated like a school kid!!
I ve already told the dom that I am only working my hours over Christmas. I think our rep may cut the lads a deal but personally I don't want to be still walking the streets at 4pm.
Walking the streets at 4pm? I was in a deep rural today in the dark and pissing rain at 5pm cold calling with d2ds in the dark is soul destroying.
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Post by OnAFlyer »

lylehillboonen wrote:
krussel wrote:
lylehillboonen wrote:We have to authorise our OT before heading out.....fair enough but the patronising way we are challenged about it ie 'do u have a bulk posting' and more nonsense of the like. So during Christmas pressure I am seriously considering not working OT at all. Anyone have any thoughts on this approach? I don't want OT never have jus work it to avoid daily spats with the pimps but now I'm sick of being treated like a school kid!!
I ve already told the dom that I am only working my hours over Christmas. I think our rep may cut the lads a deal but personally I don't want to be still walking the streets at 4pm.
Walking the streets at 4pm? I was in a deep rural today in the dark and pissing rain at 5pm cold calling with d2ds in the dark is soul destroying.

Just tell them you're not working over. I don't do any OT, I'll be flexible once a week no problem but I'll get it back the same week and never work over 39hrs unless it's a rare day off worked.
lylehillboonen
Posts: 22
Joined: 24 Nov 2009, 20:54
Gender: Male

Re: Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Post by lylehillboonen »

OnAFlyer wrote:
lylehillboonen wrote:
krussel wrote:
lylehillboonen wrote:We have to authorise our OT before heading out.....fair enough but the patronising way we are challenged about it ie 'do u have a bulk posting' and more nonsense of the like. So during Christmas pressure I am seriously considering not working OT at all. Anyone have any thoughts on this approach? I don't want OT never have jus work it to avoid daily spats with the pimps but now I'm sick of being treated like a school kid!!
I ve already told the dom that I am only working my hours over Christmas. I think our rep may cut the lads a deal but personally I don't want to be still walking the streets at 4pm.
Walking the streets at 4pm? I was in a deep rural today in the dark and pissing rain at 5pm cold calling with d2ds in the dark is soul destroying.

Just tell them you're not working over. I don't do any OT, I'll be flexible once a week no problem but I'll get it back the same week and never work over 39hrs unless it's a rare day off worked.
Ok thanx for your response but flexible? That's 0.5 hr either way per week yes?
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Post by OnAFlyer »

lylehillboonen wrote:
OnAFlyer wrote:
lylehillboonen wrote:
krussel wrote:
lylehillboonen wrote:We have to authorise our OT before heading out.....fair enough but the patronising way we are challenged about it ie 'do u have a bulk posting' and more nonsense of the like. So during Christmas pressure I am seriously considering not working OT at all. Anyone have any thoughts on this approach? I don't want OT never have jus work it to avoid daily spats with the pimps but now I'm sick of being treated like a school kid!!
I ve already told the dom that I am only working my hours over Christmas. I think our rep may cut the lads a deal but personally I don't want to be still walking the streets at 4pm.
Walking the streets at 4pm? I was in a deep rural today in the dark and pissing rain at 5pm cold calling with d2ds in the dark is soul destroying.

Just tell them you're not working over. I don't do any OT, I'll be flexible once a week no problem but I'll get it back the same week and never work over 39hrs unless it's a rare day off worked.
Ok thanx for your response but flexible? That's 0.5 hr either way per week yes?
This week I worked 45 mins over on Wed and 20 mins over on Thursday (first time I've worked over twice for a long time). But, we finished 1hr 45 early on Tuesday.

The official flex rule is 30 mins once per week as you say, but I don't mind doing a bit more now and again if I have the time - I get it back on other days anyway. The last time I worked over 39hrs (apart from doing the odd day off) was last December.
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Post by spiderj »

Work over when I feel like it (25hr contract)

Turn it down when I don't

Get paid for every second I give of my time to the job.

I've had the arguments and whinging ...but such and such can do it faster..mails down etc

Just explain im paid by the minute not the letter...
But I've seen other folk getting absolute vitriol for not correctly stating how much they'll be over and for going over etc

Its truly shocking the way some managers try and get their bonus.
:thumbdown
I won
dados
Posts: 399
Joined: 04 Sep 2009, 16:33
Gender: Male
Location: leading the 5th column

Re: Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Post by dados »

This year our night shift workers have to go out with SD's & large pkts from 0700 after working the previous night,surely a H&S issue
Art as expression
Not as market campaigns
Will still capture our imaginations
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Post by krussel »

The guys accepted a 39 hour SA deal for Christmas pressure. Hats off to our rep :Applause
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........