ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Royal Mail 6-day betrayal:May have to end 6 day deliveries
-
vinnieb5
- Posts: 127
- Joined: 12 Jan 2008, 23:14
Re: Royal Mail 6-day betrayal:May have to end 6 day deliveri
if we have lost amazon as RM say why did we have yorks full of amazon packets AGAIN today? total liars total bullshit

-
interesting
- Posts: 217
- Joined: 29 Jun 2012, 19:16
- Gender: Male
Re: Royal Mail 6-day betrayal:May have to end 6 day deliveri
Who wants to work on a Saturday
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Royal Mail 6-day betrayal:May have to end 6 day deliveri
Never bothered me to be honest, every job I have had required me to work Saturdays.interesting wrote:Who wants to work on a Saturday
I am with NWPostie on this although I think it will become a rolling 2 day over 7 day delivery service which would mean huge cuts in the work force.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
eggraidonmojo
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 06 Nov 2012, 16:44
- Gender: Male
Re: Royal Mail 6-day betrayal:May have to end 6 day deliveri
I think you're right. The LTB on RM Half Yearly results sent out today included a company report which made the point that the company still made £279m in the first half of this year.rainbowwarrior72 wrote:I am not buying this panic reaction from RM I've seen this before re The £1B mega loss in 2001 and the pensions shortfall. I think they are using TNT/Whistl as an excuse to get rid of our T&Cs and I have suspected it from the off. I always thought Postcomm were used to get us privatised and now we are privatised they are coming for the rest. Just remember Amazon have a lot of ex RM managers. To be honest TNT/Whistl don't take that much work off us Amazon are the ones that are taking a lot of our work and they work 6days.
I think Billy and Dave will have to stand up and earn the mega salaries that they earn and fight our corner
It also says that: Operating profit before transformation costs dropped 21%, down £74m to £279m. However on an underlying basis (i.e. stripping out items that may distort the company’s trading performance such as different VAT credits, an increased pension charge and the fact there was one less working day in the first half of this year) Royal Mail says this actually represents an increase of £13m compared to the same period a year ago.
So, you can spin this stuff anyway you want.
-
interesting
- Posts: 217
- Joined: 29 Jun 2012, 19:16
- Gender: Male
Re: Royal Mail 6-day betrayal:May have to end 6 day deliveri
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Never bothered me to be honest, every job I have had required me to work Saturdays.interesting wrote:Who wants to work on a Saturday
I am with NWPostie on this although I think it will become a rolling 2 day over 7 day delivery service which would mean huge cuts in the work force.
I won't lie , after all these years
I had enough of working Saturdays
Been in the job 28 years and only very briefly had a mon - fri duty
Would be nice to gave some weekends off
-
raikky
- Posts: 212
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 01:09
- Gender: Female
Re: Royal Mail 6-day betrayal:May have to end 6 day deliveri
understand that certain ppl would like every sat off but a loss of just 1 day a week service would mean what about 10000 jobs? i dont mind saturdays tbh though.
its all the same with big companies. look at tesco. there still the biggest yet everyones panicking because they are losing market share to other rivals. royal still on course for at least 500 million quid profit yet all the investors are runnig for the hills. pathetic jokes. one city analysit reccommended that roayl mail brings its employees terms to the same other other couriers , so 0 hour contract etc knobheads
its all the same with big companies. look at tesco. there still the biggest yet everyones panicking because they are losing market share to other rivals. royal still on course for at least 500 million quid profit yet all the investors are runnig for the hills. pathetic jokes. one city analysit reccommended that roayl mail brings its employees terms to the same other other couriers , so 0 hour contract etc knobheads
-
interesting
- Posts: 217
- Joined: 29 Jun 2012, 19:16
- Gender: Male
Re: Royal Mail 6-day betrayal:May have to end 6 day deliveri
I understand the jobs side of it
This company gas been sheeting jobs for years and how many full time time are taken on
I don't want anyone to lose their job , just stating after all these years it would be nice to work mon- fri for a change
This company gas been sheeting jobs for years and how many full time time are taken on
I don't want anyone to lose their job , just stating after all these years it would be nice to work mon- fri for a change
-
wabbithunta
- Posts: 872
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!
Re: Royal Mail 6-day betrayal:May have to end 6 day deliveri
Amazon advertising on the box again.. Get Amazon Prime (free) in a one month trial... amazing how they're doing this just before Christmas! Amazon then crap themselves at the same time because the amount of complaints they're getting about AL not delivering as promised, so they want us to deliver their stuff for them. At least people will get it delivered on time, on the right day and at the correct location as requested, see their forums about that one..!
Not complaining as it means we get the work, but somehow after Christmas, no doubt, it'll be "thanks very much for your help over the past few weeks, but we don't need you anymore... until the next time, that is!"
Not complaining as it means we get the work, but somehow after Christmas, no doubt, it'll be "thanks very much for your help over the past few weeks, but we don't need you anymore... until the next time, that is!"
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
-
meako
- Posts: 31
- Joined: 26 Jan 2011, 19:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Royal Mail 6-day betrayal:May have to end 6 day deliveri
More like Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday....:P