ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

yea, like this is going to happen

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Post1977
Posts: 86
Joined: 02 Jan 2013, 17:34
Gender: Female

Re: yea, like this is going to happen

Post by Post1977 »

wannabeek wrote:Why not? I did that today, had a packet for no 42, knocked on at 40, 38, 36, then over to 44 and finally got rid of it at no 46. (I'd have carried on as far as no 52, the last one in that cul-de-sac) I delivered the letters to each house as I knocked on them, took an extra few mins to do it.

Having said that, I've always done it this way, so this 'new' method has added nothing to the total delivery time!

If you got time to do that I wouldn't mind having your delivery :Very Happy
justapostman
Posts: 22
Joined: 08 Oct 2014, 16:16
Gender: Male

Re: yea, like this is going to happen

Post by justapostman »

krussel wrote:That Amazon parcel will just be dumped on the doorstep like all the others they deliver.
So you do not leave P739 after all ???? save the time ??
ted_e_bear
Posts: 4123
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Re: yea, like this is going to happen

Post by ted_e_bear »

[quote]

Why not? I did that today, had a packet for no 42, knocked on at 40, 38, 36, then over to 44 and finally got rid of it at no 46. (I'd have carried on as far as no 52, the last one in that cul-de-sac) I delivered the letters to each house as I knocked on them, took an extra few mins to do it.

Having said that, I've always done it this way, so this 'new' method has added nothing to the total delivery time!

Yeah might as well join in, this dtn subject is starting to annoy me now, I haven't got just a few minutes extra per parcel, my van partner and myself already struggle to finish on time just knocking on the doors the parcels are for never mind 9 others, just wish RM would acknowledge the extra time it takes to provide this enhanced service.