halfull wrote:report it to manager & get a new one!
they send your old one back & you get a new one the very next day!!
I did it myself this week!
How hard is that?
If you dont report it how will the problem go away?
christ all we get when you report things like that is leave it with me i will sort it
halfull wrote:report it to manager & get a new one!
they send your old one back & you get a new one the very next day!!
I did it myself this week!
How hard is that?
If you dont report it how will the problem go away?
christ all we get when you report things like that is leave it with me i will sort it
Sounds like you work in the same do as me. Thats the only answer we ever get from management
SpacePhoenix wrote:You can get replacement batteries without having to send back a whole PDA
Nope , used to be on 24hr order. I asked last week for a replacement and was told they are no longer issuing new batteries. Would not surprise me to find out they are just swapping dud batteries between offices.
I was told that the other week after I had re-ordered via the work place coach who told me it is the IT department who sends them out. You do get a replacement unit but it's not new and worse still neither is the battery. Why RM cannot order in new batteries is beyond me. Compared to the PDA unit itself they are not prohibitively expensive.
No better off than I was before. But I'm lucky being the driver. At least mine does get trickle charged whereas the walker invariably has issues most days and we have a real battle getting everything clear etc by the end of the shift.
It also helps extend the life, reliability of the PDA if you reset it using the yellow button every day. No idea why though, but mines lasting better than most in my office.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
SpacePhoenix wrote:You can get replacement batteries without having to send back a whole PDA
Well that WAS true but no longer I'm afraid you have to send the complete unit again. You could ask for 6 at any one time but not now. The fact of the matter is you can never tell if it is the battery or the unit that's not utilising the battery. I've noticed of late that they are sending replacements with duff batteries, some so poor there's not enough charge to boot the sodding thing up.
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:It also helps extend the life, reliability of the PDA if you reset it using the yellow button every day. No idea why though, but mines lasting better than most in my office.
That is the method people are supposed to use and was brought out about 2 years ago but hey, who is going to make these wallies spend a minute or two making the equipment function better - no it's far easier to say to me at 1015 just before they go out - the battery keeps dying, as you can imagine I don't have a lot of sympathy.
they are a heap of crap
have loads of s**t which are useless to our job
imagine if your mobile phone was as unreliable?.
watched only fools and horses,im sure Del Boys mobile was more streamlned
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:It also helps extend the life, reliability of the PDA if you reset it using the yellow button every day. No idea why though, but mines lasting better than most in my office.
The PDAs are always on, which means they're always running the Delivery Connect programme. After a while the system becomes buggy and starts lagging or crashes altogether. If you restart then you boot the machine fresh.
i got a new PDA ordered about a year ago, replacement came special delivery the next day and got pilfered by somebody else in the office before the end of the week, leaving me back at square one . If you do get a new PDA mark the bugger up before it goes walkabout.
jontickle wrote:i got a new PDA ordered about a year ago, replacement came special delivery the next day and got pilfered by somebody else in the office before the end of the week, leaving me back at square one . If you do get a new PDA mark the bugger up before it goes walkabout.
How did he get hold of it? Our PDAs are held centrally, recorded in a register by walk number, serial number and MS number and aren't interchangeable and are signed for every day. Well they are now but I'm retiring in 6 weeks so Christ knows what the system will be like in 12 months but really I don't give a sh1t
halfull wrote:report it to manager & get a new one!
they send your old one back & you get a new one the very next day!!
I did it myself this week!
How hard is that?
If you dont report it how will the problem go away?
christ all we get when you report things like that is leave it with me i will sort it
Yes because most DOMs only have one thing on their mind - "what time can i go home today"