ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Xmas stamps unveiled by Royal Mail

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
postbusiness
Posts: 2
Joined: 04 Nov 2014, 11:31
Gender: Male
Location: UK

Xmas stamps unveiled by Royal Mail

Post by postbusiness »

I think these go on sale today.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-ne ... as-8043742" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Royal Mail first produced special stamps for Christmas in 1966 when they ran a competition giving children the opportunity to design the stamps. Children have designed the Christmas special stamp only twice since then"
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Xmas stamps unveiled by Royal Mail

Post by dvbuk55 »

Do I still get stamps when I retire? I haven't finished using last years yet or the year before.
Sir Henry
Posts: 1316
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
Gender: Male

Re: Xmas stamps unveiled by Royal Mail

Post by Sir Henry »

Cue whingeing from the God squad.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Xmas stamps unveiled by Royal Mail

Post by dvbuk55 »

Sir Henry wrote:Cue whingeing from the God squad.
You're right sirrah, where's baby Jesus, the three wise men, the star in the sky - no what we have is a blatant advertising scam to get people to post cards and letters - damn disgraceful I call it :cuppa
postypie
Posts: 435
Joined: 18 Mar 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Re: Xmas stamps unveiled by Royal Mail

Post by postypie »

They look like something off Cartoon network!
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Re: Xmas stamps unveiled by Royal Mail

Post by baldrick »

dvbuk55 wrote:Do I still get stamps when I retire? I haven't finished using last years yet or the year before.
No :sad: , and I gave all my previous ones away to relatives.
savo
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 411
Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:54
Gender: Male

Re: Xmas stamps unveiled by Royal Mail

Post by savo »

When do posties get the freebies ?

Will look out for them on Ebay.
'Dear chief secretary, I'm afraid to tell you there's no money left,' ( Liam Byrne MP )
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Re: Xmas stamps unveiled by Royal Mail

Post by baldrick »

savo wrote:When do posties get the freebies ?
Will look out for them on Ebay.
They are not allowed to sell them. :neutral:
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Xmas stamps unveiled by Royal Mail

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

savo wrote:When do posties get the freebies ?

Will look out for them on Ebay.
Around now last year http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... =1&t=57746" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Xmas stamps unveiled by Royal Mail

Post by dvbuk55 »

baldrick wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:Do I still get stamps when I retire? I haven't finished using last years yet or the year before.
No :sad: , and I gave all my previous ones away to relatives.
:sad: Tight barstewards, it would be handy for a poor pensioner at Xmas time too - It's damned expensive sending 3 cards a year :chuckle Who knows I might live until I'm 90 and the stamps I get this year would have to last me 21 years, well and the ones I have from previous years. :cuppa
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Xmas stamps unveiled by Royal Mail

Post by Lounge Lizard »

dvbuk55 wrote:
Sir Henry wrote:Cue whingeing from the God squad.
You're right sirrah, where's baby Jesus, the three wise men, the star in the sky - no what we have is a blatant advertising scam to get people to post cards and letters - damn disgraceful I call it :cuppa
Alternate years it's a religious theme, that's last year and next year. :thumbup