On of the the regular 'observations'/'comments' from customers relates to the loudness of the knock. Some say it is too quiet, others that it is too loud and others complain as to why I haven't used the doorbell (the one with the dud battery!). Unfortunately knowing where to pitch the loudness of the knock will always remain a dark art for me as the internal house acoustics are not known at the time of the knock. Perhaps I should suggest we have a WTL on the subject
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Fed up with complaining customers
-
BeamishStout
- Posts: 387
- Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 14:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Fed up with complaining customers
One complaint that has not happened to me (or anyone I know of) is a complaint relating to DTN. Specifically no complaint has landed in my lap along the lines of 'My neighbour at 56 Example Road was in was in when you attempted delivery of tracked item at my address (55 Example Road)'. I cannot help but wonder if these types of complaints are virtually non-existent. But managers at our depot have asked from time-to-time why tracked items have come back but not customers.
On of the the regular 'observations'/'comments' from customers relates to the loudness of the knock. Some say it is too quiet, others that it is too loud and others complain as to why I haven't used the doorbell (the one with the dud battery!). Unfortunately knowing where to pitch the loudness of the knock will always remain a dark art for me as the internal house acoustics are not known at the time of the knock. Perhaps I should suggest we have a WTL on the subject
On of the the regular 'observations'/'comments' from customers relates to the loudness of the knock. Some say it is too quiet, others that it is too loud and others complain as to why I haven't used the doorbell (the one with the dud battery!). Unfortunately knowing where to pitch the loudness of the knock will always remain a dark art for me as the internal house acoustics are not known at the time of the knock. Perhaps I should suggest we have a WTL on the subject
-
BarnsleyLackey
- Posts: 349
- Joined: 24 Aug 2011, 16:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Fed up with complaining customers
BeamishStout wrote:One complaint that has not happened to me (or anyone I know of) is a complaint relating to DTN. Specifically no complaint has landed in my lap along the lines of 'My neighbour at 56 Example Road was in was in when you attempted delivery of tracked item at my address (55 Example Road)'. I cannot help but wonder if these types of complaints are virtually non-existent. But managers at our depot have asked from time-to-time why tracked items have come back but not customers.
On of the the regular 'observations'/'comments' from customers relates to the loudness of the knock. Some say it is too quiet, others that it is too loud and others complain as to why I haven't used the doorbell (the one with the dud battery!). Unfortunately knowing where to pitch the loudness of the knock will always remain a dark art for me as the internal house acoustics are not known at the time of the knock. Perhaps I should suggest we have a WTL on the subject
I don't know about all that, but the next customer that complains about my knock is getting spiel about internal house acoustics.
-
Lazycarton
- Posts: 193
- Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:52
- Gender: Male
Re: Fed up with complaining customers
OCD! they're just tw*ts who have nothing else in life but look to see if the gate has been left open. Sad sods. I feel like reminding them that when Ebola finally gets here an becomes an epidemic and they are bleeding from their eyes, they won't really be too worried about whether the gate is open or shutRicardo44 wrote:People who are OCD about their gates being kept shut. Leave it open an inch or 2 and out they come moaning like hell..![]()
Nearly always retired men at home all day and with sod all else in their lives to worry about.
-
dados
- Posts: 399
- Joined: 04 Sep 2009, 16:33
- Gender: Male
- Location: leading the 5th column
Re: Fed up with complaining customers
Have at least 1 a week in the callers who is a complete clown,always followed up by a complaint to CS " Opg was abusive"
"Opg appeared to be unsteady on his feet & smelled of alcohol "
Been called every name under the sun,have had to get the cops on 3 occasions cos of punters coming into the office after the callers has closed " I want my parcel,I work too you know"" you closed too early"" I'm going nowhere until I get my parcel"
Can't do right for doing your job right
No p739 no item,don't give a toss how upset they are,99.9 % are fine about it,fed up chasing pkts that have been collected without a p739 earlier
"Opg appeared to be unsteady on his feet & smelled of alcohol "
Been called every name under the sun,have had to get the cops on 3 occasions cos of punters coming into the office after the callers has closed " I want my parcel,I work too you know"" you closed too early"" I'm going nowhere until I get my parcel"
Can't do right for doing your job right
No p739 no item,don't give a toss how upset they are,99.9 % are fine about it,fed up chasing pkts that have been collected without a p739 earlier
Art as expression
Not as market campaigns
Will still capture our imaginations
Not as market campaigns
Will still capture our imaginations
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Fed up with complaining customers
So just shut the gate properly or perhaps you do it on purpose so you have someone to talk toRicardo44 wrote:People who are OCD about their gates being kept shut. Leave it open an inch or 2 and out they come moaning like hell..![]()
Nearly always retired men at home all day and with sod all else in their lives to worry about.
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Fed up with complaining customers
What about the people with faulty gates that expect us to physically lift the gate to get in and out of their property? I've taken mail back (endorsed) to the depot before now.
Or the customers that kick up a stink at the callers office because the postie would not open their porch door to leave a parcel in the insecure porch?
Or the customers that kick up a stink at the callers office because the postie would not open their porch door to leave a parcel in the insecure porch?