ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

RM announces major investment in hand-held technology

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: New Scanners on the way

Post by fishtank »

Lazycarton wrote:Writing 739's is the most ball aching and archaic part of the job. I have said for ages that we should have a machine that provides a printed doodah (like the things in restaurants) It won't happen!

They just contain/require far too much information at the moment, Our competitors don't bother with most of that, I suspect once barcode technology really takes off that's all you'll need to write or even peel off and stick.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share