I am sorry to disagree with these 739 complaints and the associated costs... When customers complain about P739, what exactly are they complaining about and how does this lead to RM having to compensate them?
Customers will always complain about P739 because we can only really deliver to people that come to the door - of course, that was before DTN... If the postman follows the correct procedure then there should be no way for customer to claim compensation on delay of mail.
Why do we have this useless stats and information trotted out all the time. Sometimes, we simply cannot deliver an item of mail; even with DTN - it is as simply as that!
There should not be any battle ground as long as we work to the time we are contracted to work. As long as people keep coming in early and trying to flex the job and as long as some rounds are smaller and easier than others, RM will continue to add more work to the delivery staff. And the reduction in volumes does not always compensate in some areas.
I was over today by 30 minutes - I should not have taken the lapsed walk and I had some many returns (at least 20-25 items) - not a single Amazon item... In fact, I saw a bloke in a van delivery Amazon parcels including doorstepping a house for which I had 3 parcels return to the office. He doorstepped in a house that is on the way to a local school, where people regularly go for walk, dog walking, horse-riding and to a local park. It might have rained and the people might be on half-term hols...
Is that what we are supposed to do?