http://www.gloucestercitizen.co.uk/Post ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I COMPLETELY agree with Paul Edwards views about the main Gloucester Post Office in King’s Square (Citizen October 24).
As stated, there are now no seats or ticket system that at least established some semblance of order. There was something reassuring and methodical about this system, and even if you had a long wait, there were seats to accommodate this. Goodness knows how much it cost to put the seats in, in the first place. I’m sure that the extra revenue we pay through postage, contributed to this utter waste of money, as they have now all been ripped out. That was indeed a short honeymoon.
There is now also a DIY weigh your own parcel system, so that counter service has also disappeared. The lottery terminal has also been shut down, necessitating the counter assistant to spend time walking the length of the counter retrieve a lotto ticket from the machine. A specific till is allocated for this purpose so other purchases are registered in another till.
Since the Government has sold off this great British institution, there has been an abysmal deterioration in customer services and presentation, across the country.
I know Post Office Counters is a separate company from Royal Mail, but surely the main aim of any business is twofold. Firstly, to make a profit, and secondly, to be fit for purpose. I am quite sure the first criteria is fulfilled.
One would think that with numerous Post Offices across the board being closed down, often ripping the heart out of some rural communities the flagship main Post Office in King’s Square would be a shining example of efficiency and being fit for purpose. Unfortunately, reducing staffing levels and services, and queues of complaining weary customers bears testimony to the fact that this Post Office has now become woefully inadequate.
Why should people continue to use this service, particularly bearing in mind the Gloucester King's Square experience?
After all, delivery companies offer a speedy trusted service, seven days a week, that can also be tracked.
To quote words used by Sir Alan Sugar, I personally think that the main Gloucester Post Office has now become ‘an utter shambles!’
Charlotte Jones
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Post Office has become a complete shambles -Gloucester
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Post Office has become a complete shambles -Gloucester
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.