ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Senior royal mail management unfit for purpose
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: Senior royal mail management unfit for purpose
we don't hear anything now, not even a screen to watch, no wtll, no ltb's pinned up , terrible comms.
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4202
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Senior royal mail management unfit for purpose
future_RM wrote:I agree, we need to end the money grabbing bonus culture in RM.
9% over 3 years and still chasing an incentive scheme I believe![]()
A lot of dead wood amongst the ranks too, think they are doing RM a favor turning up for work in the morning.
Best thing royal mail could do is take the short term pain, sack the entire workforce then offer employment with more favorable business terms allowing RM to compete effectively + no CWU recognition within the workplace.
I think the company would become far more healthy in short period of time.
I also believe this is going to happen far sooner than many of you think![]()
Deputy manager by any chance?? fed up with being put in different sections and being forced to put extra lapsing onto overworked posties? Not all of us are lazy, and in fact some of us would possibly like to be managers as well, if it were not for the unrealistic expectations of the senior management that exists in Royal Mail. I won't mention about the bullying and harassment that goes on through the ranks of senior managers to line managers to staff but it creates conflicts and who can blame a postie if he does not want to work past his time? Especially, as witnessed on these boards, when some unscrupulous DOMs have not been paying their staff the overtime that they have worked!!
Privatisation is driving a lot of changes and it is also putting more and more pressure on management in an operational capacity. I wonder if your argument of no CWU recognition applies to the managers with their union?? Now imagine YOUR terms and conditions being changed and you might understand how some of us might feel when the union is not championing our cause.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
genesis
- Posts: 220
- Joined: 29 May 2007, 21:04
Re: Senior royal mail management unfit for purpose
How long do you think then ? 2018 or before?future_RM wrote:I agree, we need to end the money grabbing bonus culture in RM.
9% over 3 years and still chasing an incentive scheme I believe![]()
A lot of dead wood amongst the ranks too, think they are doing RM a favor turning up for work in the morning.
Best thing royal mail could do is take the short term pain, sack the entire workforce then offer employment with more favorable business terms allowing RM to compete effectively + no CWU recognition within the workplace.
I think the company would become far more healthy in short period of time.
I also believe this is going to happen far sooner than many of you think![]()
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Senior royal mail management unfit for purpose
Hang the managers how long with the comments of future_RM wrote:
I agree, we need to end the money grabbing bonus culture in RM.
9% over 3 years and still chasing an incentive scheme I believe
A lot of dead wood amongst the ranks too, think they are doing RM a favor turning up for work in the morning.
Best thing royal mail could do is take the short term pain, sack the entire workforce then offer employment with more favorable business terms allowing RM to compete effectively + no CWU recognition within the workplace.
I think the company would become far more healthy in short period of time.
I also believe this is going to happen far sooner than many of you think
Well we have the time as do you just put your neck in the noose like you have done and we will have a party!
I agree, we need to end the money grabbing bonus culture in RM.
9% over 3 years and still chasing an incentive scheme I believe
A lot of dead wood amongst the ranks too, think they are doing RM a favor turning up for work in the morning.
Best thing royal mail could do is take the short term pain, sack the entire workforce then offer employment with more favorable business terms allowing RM to compete effectively + no CWU recognition within the workplace.
I think the company would become far more healthy in short period of time.
I also believe this is going to happen far sooner than many of you think
Well we have the time as do you just put your neck in the noose like you have done and we will have a party!