ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Driving RM vans after drinking alcohol

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dblad
Posts: 448
Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 18:26
Gender: Male

Re: Driving RM vans after drinking alcohol

Post by dblad »

Why do people on here have a go at others for asking a question, if you read the post properly he doesn't actually say he's had a pint but uses the phrase as an example, maybe he did have one but it wasn't the question.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: Driving RM vans after drinking alcohol

Post by DB1100 »

bustedflush wrote:I'd see your GP if you are that desperate for a pint after work.
I've got to agree,Iwouldn't thank you for a pint,I'd much rather have a cup of tea.
For we were soldiers once,and young
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: Driving RM vans after drinking alcohol

Post by bustedflush »

DB1100 wrote:
bustedflush wrote:I'd see your GP if you are that desperate for a pint after work.
I've got to agree,Iwouldn't thank you for a pint,I'd much rather have a cup of tea.
I still can't get over the second video link I posted. My personal after-work routine is a nice coffee when I get home, toast and some painkillers. If I had any wish to consume alcohol in the week, after work, I'd regard it as an issue.
NWpostie
Posts: 3621
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Re: Driving RM vans after drinking alcohol

Post by NWpostie »

It is generally recommended that 8 hour should elapse before commencing driving.

There's your answer. driving and drinking doesn't mix well especially so if you are using a works vehicle with duty of care to the public.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Driving RM vans after drinking alcohol

Post by Lounge Lizard »

NWpostie wrote:It is generally recommended that 8 hour should elapse before commencing driving.

There's your answer. driving and drinking doesn't mix well especially so if you are using a works vehicle with duty of care to the public.
Yes, eight hours would be about right for a moderate evening out.
They say about an hour for each half pint of ordinary strength beer so eight hours should clear four pints. :Very Happy
It is indeed good news that UK drink-drive fatalities and injuries are at their lowest level since detailed records began in 1979. Drink-drive deaths have plummeted dramatically, to about 14% of their 1979 level, while the number of kilometres travelled over the same period has roughly doubled. Another significant statistic was that over the same period, alcohol as a factor in road accidents has halved; drink is now considered to be a factor in 13% of accidents, compared to 25% in 1979. :Very Happy
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: Driving RM vans after drinking alcohol

Post by DB1100 »

bustedflush wrote:
DB1100 wrote:
bustedflush wrote:I'd see your GP if you are that desperate for a pint after work.
I've got to agree,Iwouldn't thank you for a pint,I'd much rather have a cup of tea.
I still can't get over the second video link I posted. My personal after-work routine is a nice coffee when I get home, toast and some painkillers. If I had any wish to consume alcohol in the week, after work, I'd regard it as an issue.
I would too,we don't get enough time off to spend it in an alcoholic daze,I go straight to the gym from work,then comes the cup of tea and relax.
For we were soldiers once,and young