http://www.sthelensreporter.co.uk/news/ ... -1-6912821" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A quick-thinking Newton postie who helped save a family from a house blazes has been recognised for his bravery.
Phil Turner helped rescued a mum and two young children earlier this year.
He was recognised for his selfless acts at Leigh fire station this week.
Chief Officer Steve McGuirk said: “It gives me great pleasure to recognise these acts of bravery.
“All three recipients thoroughly deserve their letters of congratulation.
“Their actions undoubtedly prevented a serious tragedy from unfolding during each incident.
“They are a credit to their communities.”
Phil and and neigbour Mark Nasser combined to help the young family after a blaze had started in the living room of an Elm Avenue property in Golborne and quickly spread.
Mark put a ladder up to a front bedroom to rescue the two and four-year-old youngsters while Phil broke down the front door to rescue the young mum.
Postie Phil, a dad-of-one from Newton-le-Willows, finished off his round after his heroic act in July.
He said: “I’m highly honoured to receive this award.”
He had told St Helens Reporter after the ordeal: “I could hear shouting, I thought it was a fight at first. But I then saw the black smoke and the two neighbours putting the ladder up to get the kids from upstairs.
“I broke the front door down so the mum could get out. It was just a natural reaction. I waited to see that everyone was okay and then I carried on with my letters.”
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Hero postman wins fire bravery award
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Hero postman wins fire bravery award
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.