ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

College and union create innovative Learning Centre at RM

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

College and union create innovative Learning Centre at RM

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

College and union create innovative Learning Centre at Royal Mail

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/College-un ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/276268/Article/images/23430335/7281207-large.jpg City of Bristol College has joined forces with Royal Mail to introduce a Learning Centre at their Filton site with amazing success. More than 200 learners in the last two years have completed their functional skills qualifications, including basic maths and English. The centre has also recently started to provide NVQs and adult Apprenticeships.

The Learning Centre was created through the Communications Workers Union (CWU) as part of the TUC Unionlearn and Royal Mail workers at the Filton sorting office are able to work towards their qualifications on site.

Zulfiquar Shah, Royal Mail employee and student at the Learning Centre, commented: "Although I can speak four languages, I wanted to improve my English and I heard from a colleague that this was available at the Learning Centre. I've found that through doing functional skills, my confidence has grown immensely and I hope I'll be able to do a part time computing course in the not too distant future."

Due to the success of the Filton Learning Centre, a new learning centre is to be introduced at the Royal Mail Severn Beach depot, which is already starting to deliver Apprenticeships.

Russell Hiscott, City of Bristol College lecturer, commented: "The Learning Centre at Royal Mail Filton has proved to be an undoubted success. This is not only evidenced by the high level of student achievement, but also by the collaborative relationship and commitment of the Royal Mail Management, the CWU and teaching staff at City of Bristol College."

Find out more about courses at City of Bristol College http://www.cityofbristol.ac.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.