ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Dropping like flys

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Dropping like flys

Post by Lounge Lizard »

I know it's on here somewhere, but can't find it, so what are the guidelines for the maximum hours out on delivery (a) in a shared van (b) sole use of a van and (c) with a high capacity trolley ?
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

Re: Dropping like flys

Post by wannabeek »

Lounge Lizard wrote:I know it's on here somewhere, but can't find it, so what are the guidelines for the maximum hours out on delivery (a) in a shared van (b) sole use of a van and (c) with a high capacity trolley ?
Is this the thread you were thinking of?

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... =1&t=37803" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't know if that still applies - I think I remember hearing that that the concept of maximum delivery spans has been abandoned now and theoretically every method could have a delivery span of the entire working day, less meal relief.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Dropping like flys

Post by Lounge Lizard »

wannabeek wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:I know it's on here somewhere, but can't find it, so what are the guidelines for the maximum hours out on delivery (a) in a shared van (b) sole use of a van and (c) with a high capacity trolley ?
Is this the thread you were thinking of?

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... =1&t=37803" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't know if that still applies - I think I remember hearing that that the concept of maximum delivery spans has been abandoned now and theoretically every method could have a delivery span of the entire working day, less meal relief.
Many thanks.
Yes, in practice it looks like no limit which is ridiculous. :sad:
Barbel
Posts: 593
Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
Gender: Male

Re: Dropping like flys

Post by Barbel »

Same in our office. Severely short staffed and loads going off sick. Christmas is going to be fun..NOT!
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Dropping like flys

Post by k979aaa »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
wannabeek wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:I know it's on here somewhere, but can't find it, so what are the guidelines for the maximum hours out on delivery (a) in a shared van (b) sole use of a van and (c) with a high capacity trolley ?
Is this the thread you were thinking of?

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... =1&t=37803" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't know if that still applies - I think I remember hearing that that the concept of maximum delivery spans has been abandoned now and theoretically every method could have a delivery span of the entire working day, less meal relief.
Many thanks.
Yes, in practice it looks like no limit which is ridiculous. :sad:
So those who do not take meal relive or come in early or cut corners or do work unpaid overtime are digging their own graves DOM would love that more shares in the kitty for them all then!