Postie discovers he has 16 holes in his heart after charity bike ride
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest- ... -bike-ride" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A MAN has revealed that doctors found 16 holes in his heart – while he was raising funds for a cardiac charity.
Ian Butler, 43, said medics told him his ticker was like “block of Swiss cheese – it was full of holes.”
The postman discovered it had been there since birth and he is now recovering after life-saving surgery.
Mr Butler, from Preston, Lancs, was in the middle of a bike ride for the Heartbeat charity when he was forced to stop after breathing problems.
He said: “I got 20 miles in and just had to stop. I couldn’t get my breath.
“About a week later I thought I am going to have to go to the doctors.
“They said something wasn’t right, my heart was all out of rhythm.
“Within 10 minutes I was in the back of an ambulance on the way to Chorley hospital.”
Surgeons patched the holes up with cow intestine and restarted Mr Butler’s heart.
He admitted to the Lancashire Evening Post: “I am lucky to be here.
“I have learnt a lot over the past 12 months about heart conditions.”
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Postie discovers he has 16 holes in heart after charity ride
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Postie discovers he has 16 holes in heart after charity ride
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Postie discovers he has 16 holes in heart after charity
Two more and Ian would be on par with a golf course. 