ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
I'll never sign for a parcel again, says teenage neighbour
-
The_Wax_Man
- Posts: 191
- Joined: 11 Nov 2011, 14:18
- Gender: Male
I'll never sign for a parcel again, says teenage neighbour
I'll never sign for a parcel again, says teenage neighbour caught up in 'Breaking Bad poison trial'
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/il ... 71926.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A teenager has revealed how he became caught up in a Pentagon-led terror alert when he innocently signed for a package containing lethal poison.
The parcel, containing the deadly toxin abrin, was shipped from the US by Kuntal Patel who yesterday was acquitted of trying to poison her mother in a plot inspired by Breaking Bad.
Patel ordered the poison to be delivered to a friend’s address in south London, telling her friend it was a candle from her boyfriend.
But when the neighbour was not in to receive the package, the postman delivered it next door where 19-year-old James Sutcliffe signed for it.
Anti-terror squads swooped on the Sutcliffe’s £650,000 home after the FBI and US Homeland Security tipped off Scotland Yard about the package.
James was bundled into a police car in his pyjamas and arrested on terror charges while specialist officers wearing biohazard suits searched the house.
James, a former lifeguard, was released after two hours of questioning when police realised he was “not what they were expecting”.
He told the Standard: “It was a bit of a surprise. The first thing I knew about it was being woken by two police officers.
“They just knocked on the door and asked me to step outside. I had to go off in my pyjamas.
“I was released on bail a couple of hours later and then told no further action would be taken. But no, they never apologised.
“People messaged me saying ‘what the hell is going on?’.
He added: “I just did what any neighbour would do, taking the parcel. I don’t think I will be doing it again to be honest.
“It’s not worth the hassle, even if it is a one-in-a-million chance.”
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/il ... 71926.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A teenager has revealed how he became caught up in a Pentagon-led terror alert when he innocently signed for a package containing lethal poison.
The parcel, containing the deadly toxin abrin, was shipped from the US by Kuntal Patel who yesterday was acquitted of trying to poison her mother in a plot inspired by Breaking Bad.
Patel ordered the poison to be delivered to a friend’s address in south London, telling her friend it was a candle from her boyfriend.
But when the neighbour was not in to receive the package, the postman delivered it next door where 19-year-old James Sutcliffe signed for it.
Anti-terror squads swooped on the Sutcliffe’s £650,000 home after the FBI and US Homeland Security tipped off Scotland Yard about the package.
James was bundled into a police car in his pyjamas and arrested on terror charges while specialist officers wearing biohazard suits searched the house.
James, a former lifeguard, was released after two hours of questioning when police realised he was “not what they were expecting”.
He told the Standard: “It was a bit of a surprise. The first thing I knew about it was being woken by two police officers.
“They just knocked on the door and asked me to step outside. I had to go off in my pyjamas.
“I was released on bail a couple of hours later and then told no further action would be taken. But no, they never apologised.
“People messaged me saying ‘what the hell is going on?’.
He added: “I just did what any neighbour would do, taking the parcel. I don’t think I will be doing it again to be honest.
“It’s not worth the hassle, even if it is a one-in-a-million chance.”
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: I'll never sign for a parcel again, says teenage neighbo
Yet Royal Mail still insists how popular deliver to neighbour is. 
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: I'll never sign for a parcel again, says teenage neighbo
The parcel was shipped from the US.
The neighbour signed for it.
Yet international signed for is exempt from D2N.
Conduct code anyone .......?
The neighbour signed for it.
Yet international signed for is exempt from D2N.
Conduct code anyone .......?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: I'll never sign for a parcel again, says teenage neighbo
International Registered is exempt - international recorded isn't.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: I'll never sign for a parcel again, says teenage neighbo
There may be occasions when your neighbour is not at home or your neighbour chooses not to accept the item. On these occasions your item will be returned to the Delivery Office.
The following are excluded from Delivery to Neighbour, so there would be no attempt to deliver to a neighbour, even if you have not opted out:
• royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed™
• Inbound international requiring a signature•
Do Not Redirect items
• Citations (which carry the appropriate instruction on the envelope) sent Royal Mail Signed For™ by the Scottish Courts.
The following are excluded from Delivery to Neighbour, so there would be no attempt to deliver to a neighbour, even if you have not opted out:
• royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed™
• Inbound international requiring a signature•
Do Not Redirect items
• Citations (which carry the appropriate instruction on the envelope) sent Royal Mail Signed For™ by the Scottish Courts.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: I'll never sign for a parcel again, says teenage neighbo
Wow - our trainers get it wrong again

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
britwrit
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 967
- Joined: 22 Apr 2007, 15:12
Re: I'll never sign for a parcel again, says teenage neighbo
The timeline seems a little weird. The FBI and Homeland Security knew about the package when? Before or after it got tossed onto a transatlantic flight and then handled by a whole bunch of postal staff?
Last edited by britwrit on 03 Oct 2014, 19:18, edited 1 time in total.
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: I'll never sign for a parcel again, says teenage neighbo
That's it then NO MORE DELIVERING TO A NEIGHBOUR! 
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
-
Gold Fox
- Posts: 313
- Joined: 06 Jun 2014, 20:50
- Gender: Female
Re: I'll never sign for a parcel again, says teenage neighbo
About noon today, I knocked neighbours' door for packet ... she told me very very loudly in the street this is your F***ing job , Royal Mail do not pay me so why should I take neighbours packet? She said if ever I tried to deliver neighbours packet to her she will set her dog on .... and then she turned round and said F*** off posty ..
This was my very last attempt to deliver to ANY neighbour , I do not care what the management say.

This was my very last attempt to deliver to ANY neighbour , I do not care what the management say.
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: I'll never sign for a parcel again, says teenage neighbo
Council tenant?Gold Fox wrote:About noon today, I knocked neighbours' door for packet ... she told me very very loudly in the street this is your F***ing job , Royal Mail do not pay me so why should I take neighbours packet? She said if ever I tried to deliver neighbours packet to her she will set her dog on .... and then she turned round and said F*** off posty ..
This was my very last attempt to deliver to ANY neighbour , I do not care what the management say.![]()
![]()
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Re: I'll never sign for a parcel again, says teenage neighbo
What on earth has the house price got to do with it?
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: I'll never sign for a parcel again, says teenage neighbo
Nothing whatsoever.rubberbond wrote:What on earth has the house price got to do with it?
But what 'newspaper' do they read, or rather look at, ?
-
manboss
- Posts: 110
- Joined: 20 Feb 2013, 15:55
- Gender: Male
Re: I'll never sign for a parcel again, says teenage neighbo
And that would be the last time that I would be delivering any mail to that woman.Gold Fox wrote:About noon today, I knocked neighbours' door for packet ... she told me very very loudly in the street this is your F***ing job , Royal Mail do not pay me so why should I take neighbours packet? She said if ever I tried to deliver neighbours packet to her she will set her dog on .... and then she turned round and said F*** off posty ..
This was my very last attempt to deliver to ANY neighbour , I do not care what the management say.![]()
![]()
-
wabbithunta
- Posts: 872
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!
Re: I'll never sign for a parcel again, says teenage neighbo
"middle-class teenage rebel" goes off the rails and acts like Wolfie from Citizen Smith. They love that kind of thing.. especially in "The Daily Fail"Lounge Lizard wrote:Nothing whatsoever.rubberbond wrote:What on earth has the house price got to do with it?![]()
But what 'newspaper' do they read, or rather look at, ?![]()
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"