One of our guys is PT. He also works for for another firm delivering flyers now and again. He doesn't have a contract with them though; he just helps a mate out.
Times are hard these days
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Second Job
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4202
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Second Job
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Second Job
Perhaps not, but if he was he would be the least active one I have ever seen at 0.01 posts per day on average . Incidentally yours is 8 times higher than his at 0.08Rory wrote:Like that has anything to do with it.aiden01 wrote:he is hardly trolling if he joined this site june 2007Rory wrote:Are you trolling? You'd be sacked, read your contract.
I tend to take people at face value and their reputation on RMC, not many trolls last very long although some have its rare they go longer than a few weeks.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Second Job
But you working for Royal Mail and the wife for Hermes could be a conflict of interest resolved only by divorce.abbo75 wrote:Thanks guys for clarifying the issue, I thought there would be issues with it. I'll pass it on to the wife then, she wants to do it now so its a win win situation for me.
-
bussyman
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 02 Sep 2014, 09:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Second Job
Lounge Lizard wrote:But you working for Royal Mail and the wife for Hermes could be a conflict of interest resolved only by divorce.abbo75 wrote:Thanks guys for clarifying the issue, I thought there would be issues with it. I'll pass it on to the wife then, she wants to do it now so its a win win situation for me.![]()
Hi mates,
I am a P/T on royal mail and I do another p/t both jobs together are less than 40 hours per week.
My other job is different in nature of RM. Do I have to tell to royal mail about it?
I never spoke to them so far. is there is any conflict of interest?
In the company policy booklet it says you must not work with any competitor and must declare any out side work.
If they caught me what kind of offence it is ?
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Second Job
bussyman wrote:Lounge Lizard wrote:But you working for Royal Mail and the wife for Hermes could be a conflict of interest resolved only by divorce.abbo75 wrote:Thanks guys for clarifying the issue, I thought there would be issues with it. I'll pass it on to the wife then, she wants to do it now so its a win win situation for me.![]()
Hi mates,
I am a P/T on royal mail and I do another p/t both jobs together are less than 40 hours per week.
My other job is different in nature of RM. Do I have to tell to royal mail about it?
I never spoke to them so far. is there is any conflict of interest?
In the company policy booklet it says you must not work with any competitor and must declare any out side work.
If they caught me what kind of offence it is ?
There can be issue's if driving is involved due to rest hours between shifts. Can you see any reason why you should not tell RM ?
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
bussyman
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 02 Sep 2014, 09:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Second Job
krussel wrote:bussyman wrote:Lounge Lizard wrote:But you working for Royal Mail and the wife for Hermes could be a conflict of interest resolved only by divorce.abbo75 wrote:Thanks guys for clarifying the issue, I thought there would be issues with it. I'll pass it on to the wife then, she wants to do it now so its a win win situation for me.![]()
Hi mates,
I am a P/T on royal mail and I do another p/t both jobs together are less than 40 hours per week.
My other job is different in nature of RM. Do I have to tell to royal mail about it?
I never spoke to them so far. is there is any conflict of interest?
In the company policy booklet it says you must not work with any competitor and must declare any out side work.
If they caught me what kind of offence it is ?
There can be issue's if driving is involved due to rest hours between shifts. Can you see any reason why you should not tell RM ?
Both the jobs are not involving any kind of driving and is o k with the working regulations of resting periods.
I am not the favorite of any of my managers. They are keep telling i am not good in jobs.
So I just do not want to tell them.
For a safety I would like to keep both the jobs in a hope that there will be no troubles.
Thanks.
-
royalmailslave
- Posts: 126
- Joined: 20 Sep 2010, 17:09
- Gender: Male
Re: Second Job
Don't give a toss what the t&cs state....thousands of RM employees have second...and third jobs,it's rarely ever challenged....in today's day and age it's sad when the working man can it get by on his primary wage ....blame the economy we live in....do what you have to do for your family ....it's got f-all to do with anyone else
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: Second Job
Abbo sorry if you thought my comment was OTT fancy getting drunk and chasing some womanabbo75 wrote:Thanks Maisymoo for your comments which I'll take on board and then forget instantly! Best you get back to getting drunk and chasing women, much more worthwhile I'm sure.
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"