ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Former wrestler saved by postman after bizarre crash

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Former wrestler saved by postman after bizarre crash

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Former wrestler saved by postman after bizarre crash trapped pensioner under lawnmower

http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-yor ... er-7851818" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

Ted Fussey, 73, was mowing his lawn on three levels at his Marsden farm when something broke on the machine and it careered down a steep incline

Image

A postman saved a pensioner who was trapped under his sit-on lawnmower after a freak accident.

Ted Fussey, 73, was mowing his lawn on three levels at his Marsden farm when something broke on the machine and it careered down a steep incline.

After crashing and turning over his cries for help were heard by Slaithwaite-based postie Nick Cockcroft who rushed to help.

Ted said: “I had just done the top level and was going down the incline to the second one when I felt something snap on the machine.

“I then just couldn’t stop it and it started to go faster and faster down the hill towards our sceptic tank. There’s a 6ft drop just beyond that so I knew I had to do something or I’d have gone straight over the edge.”

He turned the steering wheel sharply and the lawnmower then flipped over sending Ted onto the grass and the lawnmower landed on his leg. Ted suffers from severe arthritis so couldn’t shift the weight off and wife May was inside their home and unable to hear.

At that moment postman Nick arrived and heard Ted yelling for help.

He managed to shove the lawnmower off him and helped him into the house. An ambulance took Ted to Huddersfield Royal Infirmary where he had an X-ray. Nothing is broken but Ted, who is a diabetic, has a huge haematoma on his calf which is a collection of blood outside the blood vessels.

May said: “His leg’s as black as soot. I’ve never seen anything like it and it’s now got blisters on blisters.”

Ted – who was a professional wrestler in the 1950s and 60s – said: “The last time I was laid out like that was when I was wrestling.”

Nick said: “I’d just arrived at the farm and as soon as I opened the door I could hear Ted shouting for help. I ran up, got the lawnmower off him and helped him to the house.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Former wrestler saved by postman after bizarre crash

Post by Lounge Lizard »

"Ted Fussey, 73, was mowing his lawn on three levels" :shock: but in future will do them one at a time. :thumbup