I wonder if there any detailed accounts as to where the political fund is spent and by whomdeltaforce wrote:As an individual member you can opt in or out of the political levy as you wish . It used to be 10p per week, not sure now.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
CWU Political Fund Ballot
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: CWU Political Fund Ballot
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: CWU Political Fund Ballot
Maybe you could have a detailed look at Gregg's Annual Accounts.dvbuk55 wrote:I wonder if there any detailed accounts as to where the political fund is spent and by whomdeltaforce wrote:As an individual member you can opt in or out of the political levy as you wish . It used to be 10p per week, not sure now.
-
douggie68
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 14 Mar 2012, 09:39
- Gender: Male
Re: CWU Political Fund Ballot
Its not a vote to support a political party it's a vote to protect the money the union use to run campaign's like the dangerous dogs campaign

-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: CWU Political Fund Ballot
Yes, but which political parties are in favour of "dangerous dogs"?douggie68 wrote:Its not a vote to support a political party it's a vote to protect the money the union use to run campaign's like the dangerous dogs campaign![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
-
Cut Off King
- Posts: 1078
- Joined: 23 Jun 2009, 21:18
- Gender: Female
Re: CWU Political Fund Ballot
I hear of lots of working class people who like UKIP, but I don't understand WHY they would want a party in power who would want to withdraw from the EU directives such as working hour or holiday pay etc. Workers rights would be decimated by a party that is MORE right wing than the Tory partydvbuk55 wrote:The ballot is CWU and does not represent RM in any shape or form - I'll vote YES if they back UKIP.clashcityrocker wrote:I think it is a legal requirement for a union to ballot its members on the continuation of a political fund.north london driver wrote:
so if this goes to a vote and the union gives us all a score(20£) it will be voted in like all the other crap deals.
everytime staff say there voting no to a deal it goes the other way,makes you wonder who counts the ballot papers.
There won't be any financial inducement to vote one way or another.
The fact that votes "go the other way" is not an indication of the counting process but the fact that RMC is not representative of RM as a whole.
Do you really think that your rights would be protected by UKIP, they are backed by business leaders who want a HIRE & FIRE culture........If you thing the Tory, Libs & Lab's are bad, you've got a whole world of employment pain to look forward to if UKIP get to power.
-
PHARRY
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 327
- Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 17:56
- Gender: Male
Re: CWU Political Fund Ballot
I will vote no
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: CWU Political Fund Ballot
I do seriously think UKIP would make a difference to democracy because we have had surfeit of political parties making promises via their manifestoes and then doing something totally different. I think we would be better off OUT of Europe, I believe we need to control immigration and yes we need to get tougher on the benefit society. The least I would expect is that Lab, Lib and Tory actually faced reality instead of living in cloud cuckoo land and UKIP would create a fresh political scene.Cut Off King wrote:I hear of lots of working class people who like UKIP, but I don't understand WHY they would want a party in power who would want to withdraw from the EU directives such as working hour or holiday pay etc. Workers rights would be decimated by a party that is MORE right wing than the Tory party
Do you really think that your rights would be protected by UKIP, they are backed by business leaders who want a HIRE & FIRE culture........If you thing the Tory, Libs & Lab's are bad, you've got a whole world of employment pain to look forward to if UKIP get to power.
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: CWU Political Fund Ballot
The tories only care about London and making money for themselves i.e top 5% of soceity. Renationalise the railways, gas/power, post, water and bring back manufacturing industries to this country.
-
wabbithunta
- Posts: 872
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!
Re: CWU Political Fund Ballot
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
-
pod25
- Posts: 240
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 21:13
- Gender: Male
Re: CWU Political Fund Ballot
I know it is a s**t deal and most think the funding goes in the back pocket of the big wigs within the union, but without that funding, the union have no voice in parliament and having no voice in parliament means no union.
I also know we have all had some crap deals made by our union, but we have also had some good deals.
So, what is best, union with a voice or a union with no voice.
I also know we have all had some crap deals made by our union, but we have also had some good deals.
So, what is best, union with a voice or a union with no voice.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: CWU Political Fund Ballot
Just a correction - leaving the E-USSR political union does NOT mean losing any E-USSR originating working directives or minimum wage, 48-hour weekly voluntary cap etc. It simply means WE can choose the legislation and not a foreign parliament that the UK populace have never been asked if they want to be a part of. It will also mean the ridiculous inefficiency of postal competition from TNT et al can be dealt with as the E-USSR cannot force the unfair competition as now. I am a free market advocate but there are areas where one supplier works best, like your water company and especially a universal postal service.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: CWU Political Fund Ballot
A union with a voice that is heard is useful - however who is actually listening to them? Lets face it it's merely to fuel the big wigs political ambition and trying to look as though their view is important when really it isn't. If they actually spoke for the workforce they may have a view but they speak only for themselves.pod25 wrote:I know it is a s**t deal and most think the funding goes in the back pocket of the big wigs within the union, but without that funding, the union have no voice in parliament and having no voice in parliament means no union.
I also know we have all had some crap deals made by our union, but we have also had some good deals.
So, what is best, union with a voice or a union with no voice.
-
Cut Off King
- Posts: 1078
- Joined: 23 Jun 2009, 21:18
- Gender: Female
Re: CWU Political Fund Ballot
DVBUCK55, I'mm confused, are your politics from the right i.e.support for UKIP or from the left, i.e. wanting an effective union.
I'mm confused as to what you really want
I'mm confused as to what you really want
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: CWU Political Fund Ballot
Well I don't see the correlation between a strong union and politics COK - UKIP policies aren't on the CWU agenda and the CWU is definitely not on their agenda.Cut Off King wrote:DVBUCK55, I'mm confused, are your politics from the right i.e.support for UKIP or from the left, i.e. wanting an effective union.
I'mm confused as to what you really want
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: CWU Political Fund Ballot
Not directly, but workers certainly aredvbuk55 wrote:Well I don't see the correlation between a strong union and politics COK - UKIP policies aren't on the CWU agenda and the CWU is definitely not on their agenda.Cut Off King wrote:DVBUCK55, I'mm confused, are your politics from the right i.e.support for UKIP or from the left, i.e. wanting an effective union.
I'mm confused as to what you really want
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.