Kings Norton wrote:I treat a tracked as a packet not in CARD SIMPLE!
Then you'll be up in front of the dom explaining why you are refusing to follow procedure by not attempting dtn when you should be. If your office is failing to hit targets on Tracked you'll soon find out.
No time, no signs that neighbours are in, postman discretion.
Take you pick.
You attempt dtn, if you do look like running out of time because of this then you phone the office as per procedure.
Doesn't matter if it looks like the neighbours aren't in, you try.
No discretion anymore unless it's extreme circumstances (ie the neighbour is a gypsy camp)
I don't think some people are getting how serious RM are about Tracked performance, obviously many offices haven't had the pressure on from above yet but you will, and soon.
Sounds like you are putting the "pressure" on yourself.
You say it's office procedure to ring the office, (it's certainly not in mine) do they supply a phone or money to use a payphone?
Yes we are told to deliver all tracked items but if it can't be done so be it
The problem I had last week with deliver to neighbour was I had a special and a tracked item for the same address the customer wasn't at home so I knocked next door they were happy to take the tracked item which meant me writing out two cards one telling the customer their tracked item was next door and the other telling them the special was back at the office it's just bloody stupid .
Nobodyshero wrote:The problem I had last week with deliver to neighbour was I had a special and a tracked item for the same address the customer wasn't at home so I knocked next door they were happy to take the tracked item which meant me writing out two cards one telling the customer their tracked item was next door and the other telling them the special was back at the office it's just bloody stupid .
Kings Norton wrote:I treat a tracked as a packet not in CARD SIMPLE!
Then you'll be up in front of the dom explaining why you are refusing to follow procedure by not attempting dtn when you should be. If your office is failing to hit targets on Tracked you'll soon find out.
No time, no signs that neighbours are in, postman discretion.
Take you pick.
You attempt dtn, if you do look like running out of time because of this then you phone the office as per procedure.
Doesn't matter if it looks like the neighbours aren't in, you try.
No discretion anymore unless it's extreme circumstances (ie the neighbour is a gypsy camp)
I don't think some people are getting how serious RM are about Tracked performance, obviously many offices haven't had the pressure on from above yet but you will, and soon.
Sounds like you are putting the "pressure" on yourself.
You say it's office procedure to ring the office, (it's certainly not in mine) do they supply a phone or money to use a payphone?
Yes we are told to deliver all tracked items but if it can't be done so be it
No pressure at all, If I cut off I usually sort it before I go out, but with dtn now bringing in more uncertainty then as per the national cut off procedure if a manager told me to take it all out and ring the office if I couldn't complete, then I would do so.
And yes, sometimes you have to take Tracked items back. But dtn is a procedure fully agreed to by the CWU, I don't entertain it for normal packets unless a neighbour comes out but RM are pushing hard for 95%+ of Tracked delivered first time and dtn is a big part of that. Our rep has said it's procedure, you follow it, if you're found to not be trying then it will be a disciplinary.
Hitcher wrote:It's still down to you though whether you try or not.
To an extent, but keep taking Tracked back and 'I didn't fancy the look of that house' isn't a good enough answer. All they give a crap about is hitting the figures so now I leave them with any immediate neighbour that will take them.
Christmas is going to be the time when it really hits into delivery time, the last couple of years we've often taken just mail, tracked and specials (no other packets whatsoever) and still just about completed, so add on the extra time for dtn and we won't even be getting that done.
I think what people are forgetting is that you are still on the same hours, so if dtn adds much time on then that's time you aren't working elsewhere.
Hitcher wrote:It's still down to you though whether you try or not.
To an extent, but keep taking Tracked back and 'I didn't fancy the look of that house' isn't a good enough answer.
It is in my office, if you know the round and that a particular household may present "security" problems we are allowed to use our own judgement.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
A2B wrote:You say it's office procedure to ring the office, (it's certainly not in mine) do they supply a phone or money to use a payphone?
All PDAs have got phone functionality built in (that is if the battery hasn't already died)
And all PDA's decide to crash for no reason. I had a recorded last week, woman comes to the door, I go to scan the barcode, PDA had crashed. There's me taking the battery off, pressing the re-set button and apologising for the heap of junk I was using. She had what smelt like an English breakfast on the go....if she had waited for the poxy thing to load again, her breakfast would've been burnt. She asked me to sign for it when it had finally decided to work again. Friggin embarrassment these thing are. I had a tracked for a woman last week too and the PDA crashed at her door step. I was trying to get the b@stard thing to work and as I was I was sweating all over her package. She got me a tissue to wipe it clean, once again another friggin embarrassment.
It's ridiculous.....there putting us under undue pressure to basically get rid of these tracked items at "all costs".....I was even told by a lino that if it needed a signature and it'd go through the letterbox....to sign for it,we don't even faff about with registereds like this...where's our union regarding this matter.....
Where does it end? I mean if were signing for tracked....why not sign for regi's etc .....
royalmailslave wrote:It's ridiculous.....there putting us under undue pressure to basically get rid of these tracked items at "all costs".....I was even told by a lino that if it needed a signature and it'd go through the letterbox....to sign for it,we don't even faff about with registereds like this...where's our union regarding this matter.....
Where does it end? I mean if were signing for tracked....why not sign for regi's etc .....
Beggars belief
ask for that in writing and get a union rep witness before you do it
royalmailslave wrote:It's ridiculous.....there putting us under undue pressure to basically get rid of these tracked items at "all costs".....I was even told by a lino that if it needed a signature and it'd go through the letterbox....to sign for it,we don't even faff about with registereds like this...where's our union regarding this matter.....
Where does it end? I mean if were signing for tracked....why not sign for regi's etc .....
Beggars belief
ask for that in writing and get a union rep witness before you do it
No need...I just don't do it,same gaffer tried stichin me up over mail left in on another walk ....claiming I'd agreed to do it on OT.....got that one sorted right away
A2B wrote:You say it's office procedure to ring the office, (it's certainly not in mine) do they supply a phone or money to use a payphone?
All PDAs have got phone functionality built in (that is if the battery hasn't already died)
And all PDA's decide to crash for no reason. I had a recorded last week, woman comes to the door, I go to scan the barcode, PDA had crashed. There's me taking the battery off, pressing the re-set button and apologising for the heap of junk I was using. She had what smelt like an English breakfast on the go....if she had waited for the poxy thing to load again, her breakfast would've been burnt. She asked me to sign for it when it had finally decided to work again. Friggin embarrassment these thing are. I had a tracked for a woman last week too and the PDA crashed at her door step. I was trying to get the b@stard thing to work and as I was I was sweating all over her package. She got me a tissue to wipe it clean, once again another friggin embarrassment.
Stupid job!
you dont press the button under the battery, that wipes any data stored on it but not yet sent, if it fails at most you should remove the battery wait ten seconds then put it back on, but dont press the button under the battery
A2B wrote:You say it's office procedure to ring the office, (it's certainly not in mine) do they supply a phone or money to use a payphone?
All PDAs have got phone functionality built in (that is if the battery hasn't already died)
And all PDA's decide to crash for no reason. I had a recorded last week, woman comes to the door, I go to scan the barcode, PDA had crashed. There's me taking the battery off, pressing the re-set button and apologising for the heap of junk I was using. She had what smelt like an English breakfast on the go....if she had waited for the poxy thing to load again, her breakfast would've been burnt. She asked me to sign for it when it had finally decided to work again. Friggin embarrassment these thing are. I had a tracked for a woman last week too and the PDA crashed at her door step. I was trying to get the b@stard thing to work and as I was I was sweating all over her package. She got me a tissue to wipe it clean, once again another friggin embarrassment.
Stupid job!
"She had what smelt like an English breakfast on the go...." "I was sweating all over her package."