ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
packets getting silly now....
-
Sco77
- Posts: 30
- Joined: 27 Oct 2011, 12:03
- Gender: Male
Re: packets getting silly now....
People come on...We are post person's...We deliver stuff. Simply cut off of book the overtime. Just be brutally honest with the D.O.M before you leave and let them know the deal, it's not hard. If you have been a postie for any length of time you know when it's a shite day. 
-
Jambomatt1874
- Posts: 168
- Joined: 30 Mar 2010, 19:26
- Gender: Male
Re: packets getting silly now....
Why do people even attempt neighbours it's time consuming
-
Max_Power
- Posts: 32
- Joined: 23 Sep 2010, 22:55
- Gender: Male
Re: packets getting silly now....
If you've gone through your revision and most offices have then each walk should have a delivery plan, it should state how many geo knocks you should make on a daily basis, be that packet, rego or tracked.
If you have more than what is stated then you should tell your manager that you will not be able to complete using there own figures and that you will either be claiming overtime or cutting off.
Put he ball in there court and let them manage.
All walks are built under the perception that you are given 30 minutes every day to prep 3 households, sometimes we have 7 households and that takes 90 minutes to do and this has a knock on effect on your delivery, it all adds up.
The other day I had a parcel for a customer, I rang the bell twice, then rang the bell twice again (I know it worked as I could hear it), then I knocked on the door, finally I 739'd the parcel and as I was walking away she came to the door and said "Did I knock?", she said she heard nothing, only the mail hitting the floor.
she's not old either, probably late 40's.
If you have more than what is stated then you should tell your manager that you will not be able to complete using there own figures and that you will either be claiming overtime or cutting off.
Put he ball in there court and let them manage.
All walks are built under the perception that you are given 30 minutes every day to prep 3 households, sometimes we have 7 households and that takes 90 minutes to do and this has a knock on effect on your delivery, it all adds up.
The other day I had a parcel for a customer, I rang the bell twice, then rang the bell twice again (I know it worked as I could hear it), then I knocked on the door, finally I 739'd the parcel and as I was walking away she came to the door and said "Did I knock?", she said she heard nothing, only the mail hitting the floor.
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: packets getting silly now....
90 minutes a day for D2D, the official time is more like 20 for 7 lots.Max_Power wrote:If you've gone through your revision and most offices have then each walk should have a delivery plan, it should state how many geo knocks you should make on a daily basis, be that packet, rego or tracked.
If you have more than what is stated then you should tell your manager that you will not be able to complete using there own figures and that you will either be claiming overtime or cutting off.
Put he ball in there court and let them manage.
All walks are built under the perception that you are given 30 minutes every day to prep 3 households, sometimes we have 7 households and that takes 90 minutes to do and this has a knock on effect on your delivery, it all adds up.
The other day I had a parcel for a customer, I rang the bell twice, then rang the bell twice again (I know it worked as I could hear it), then I knocked on the door, finally I 739'd the parcel and as I was walking away she came to the door and said "Did I knock?", she said she heard nothing, only the mail hitting the floor.she's not old either, probably late 40's.
-
Patrick301
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 101
- Joined: 21 Sep 2008, 22:04
- Gender: Male
Re: packets getting silly now....
HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEADJudgee wrote:thecompletepackage wrote:50 plus packets today on a P&L, half of them bigger than the pouches! Park n loop becoming pretty pointless when you can't fit the packets in the bags.
Pretty pointless in our office too when we can't even fit them in the van!
royal mail need to order bigger vans for christmas pressure
-
Max_Power
- Posts: 32
- Joined: 23 Sep 2010, 22:55
- Gender: Male
Re: packets getting silly now....
It was the head planner of the revision team which said all walks are designed for 3 households to be prepped in 30 minutes.OnAFlyer wrote:90 minutes a day for D2D, the official time is more like 20 for 7 lots.Max_Power wrote:If you've gone through your revision and most offices have then each walk should have a delivery plan, it should state how many geo knocks you should make on a daily basis, be that packet, rego or tracked.
If you have more than what is stated then you should tell your manager that you will not be able to complete using there own figures and that you will either be claiming overtime or cutting off.
Put he ball in there court and let them manage.
All walks are built under the perception that you are given 30 minutes every day to prep 3 households, sometimes we have 7 households and that takes 90 minutes to do and this has a knock on effect on your delivery, it all adds up.
The other day I had a parcel for a customer, I rang the bell twice, then rang the bell twice again (I know it worked as I could hear it), then I knocked on the door, finally I 739'd the parcel and as I was walking away she came to the door and said "Did I knock?", she said she heard nothing, only the mail hitting the floor.she's not old either, probably late 40's.
We have had all managers and even the DOM try and prep a walk with 7 households in 30 minutes and they have failed miserably, in fact when households are heavy we cancel all lapsing to those walks.
Mind you, it really depends on how many delivery points you have on your walks, we deliver to built up areas and have over a thousand drops over the 2 walks we do together.
I'd say on average your looking at going to around 200 delivery points with households daily so that's 200 x 7 = 1,400 leaflets to be prepped daily.
There are other walks near me that have around 1000 delivery points per walk, so your looking at around 2000 delivery points per week (333 per day). So 333 x 7 = 2331 leaflets to be prepped daily.
-
ashadd
- Posts: 605
- Joined: 03 Oct 2008, 20:20
- Gender: Male
Re: packets getting silly now....
Because its part of the.....do you know, its not even worth telling you if you cant see itJambomatt1874 wrote:Why do people even attempt neighbours it's time consuming
I married my wife for her looks, but not the one she gave me when i said i was going to be a postman.
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: packets getting silly now....
No mention of attendance call numbers that walks were designed around in our place on the frame "time planning" laminates (if they still exist all this time on from the revision).
HCT walks are supposed to be based on 19 attendance calls per 500 delivery points.
I was under the impression (no doubt incorrectly) that no indoor time is in place for any D2D, great fun when you have seven taking ~70mins for 160 delivery points in an empty frame (we were told to prep them first, not so long ago).
HCT walks are supposed to be based on 19 attendance calls per 500 delivery points.
I was under the impression (no doubt incorrectly) that no indoor time is in place for any D2D, great fun when you have seven taking ~70mins for 160 delivery points in an empty frame (we were told to prep them first, not so long ago).
-
Max_Power
- Posts: 32
- Joined: 23 Sep 2010, 22:55
- Gender: Male
Re: packets getting silly now....
I took a picture with my phone of my walk laminates, before they disappeared, Lol, there is time on them for all indoor work like d2d, etc.
Our walks had a ratio of around 27 knocks on doors for packets, rego's, etc per day of around 500 drops, so double that for 2 walks, LOL.
We even had to add a 10 minute stop on the walk to have a toilet break as there are no toilets on the delivery, it's all residential houses with no local shops or pubs to use.
We have to drive to the nearest toilet which is a large supermarket and then make way back to the next loop.
With walks being over 4 hours you need to take a "P" break and for hygiene to be able to wash your hands, it's still quicker than having to drive all the way back to the delivery office.
We don't use HCT as the walks are miles away from the office, we use the golf buggy trollies.
The walks that are next to the office are a high crime areas so HCT's are not permitted, they have to use bags over the shoulder, so loads of bags to get under the weight limit.
Our walks had a ratio of around 27 knocks on doors for packets, rego's, etc per day of around 500 drops, so double that for 2 walks, LOL.
We even had to add a 10 minute stop on the walk to have a toilet break as there are no toilets on the delivery, it's all residential houses with no local shops or pubs to use.
We have to drive to the nearest toilet which is a large supermarket and then make way back to the next loop.
With walks being over 4 hours you need to take a "P" break and for hygiene to be able to wash your hands, it's still quicker than having to drive all the way back to the delivery office.
We don't use HCT as the walks are miles away from the office, we use the golf buggy trollies.
The walks that are next to the office are a high crime areas so HCT's are not permitted, they have to use bags over the shoulder, so loads of bags to get under the weight limit.
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4202
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Re: packets getting silly now....
There is something about D2Ds i have noticed
On a some of the easier walks in our office, they have been prepping and taking out 4 lots of D2Ds; whilst some walks (i suppose they are the worst ones) have only got 1!!
Has it been worked out beforehand?? I kid you not
On a some of the easier walks in our office, they have been prepping and taking out 4 lots of D2Ds; whilst some walks (i suppose they are the worst ones) have only got 1!!
Has it been worked out beforehand?? I kid you not
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: packets getting silly now....
D2Ds are offered to clients down to walk levels rather than Post Code Area so its quite possible for someone selling champagne to miss out the areas that prefer sparkling wine. 
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4202
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Re: packets getting silly now....
Blimey, customers that buy champagne and/or sparkling wine. Sounds like a rich neighbourhood. Would they mind swapping rounds at xmas??
Judging by the state of our customers walking down the streets with cans of tenants super strength lager; i think we only tend to get lidl and co-op flyers. lol
Judging by the state of our customers walking down the streets with cans of tenants super strength lager; i think we only tend to get lidl and co-op flyers. lol
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
Altrider
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 81
- Joined: 12 Feb 2013, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Re: packets getting silly now....
2 weeks before Christmas last year we had a d2d from the local BMW dealership to deliver to 900+ drops in the least salubrious neighbourhood on the frames.
You know the type of place, cars jacked up in gardens minus wheels, inside furniture that has become outside furniture and the odd fridge-freezer lurking in the undergrowth that doubles as gardens. 70% of residents don't get up before 14.00hrs and the other 30% and probably still cooling off in the cells
.
Yet local BMW dealership want's them to own a brand new Beemer o the never-never. S0 much for demographics. Sorry, rant mode off.
You know the type of place, cars jacked up in gardens minus wheels, inside furniture that has become outside furniture and the odd fridge-freezer lurking in the undergrowth that doubles as gardens. 70% of residents don't get up before 14.00hrs and the other 30% and probably still cooling off in the cells
Yet local BMW dealership want's them to own a brand new Beemer o the never-never. S0 much for demographics. Sorry, rant mode off.
-
Sidley
- Posts: 653
- Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
- Gender: Male
Re: packets getting silly now....
Do you expect me to walk all the way to the kitchen from the front garden to get a beer?Altrider wrote: inside furniture that has become outside furniture and the odd fridge-freezer lurking in the undergrowth that doubles as gardens.
Ffs with poor time and motion like that it's no wonder you lot can't complete a walk on time
-
Jambomatt1874
- Posts: 168
- Joined: 30 Mar 2010, 19:26
- Gender: Male