ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
I dont get it are they thick or just stupid?
-
Patrick301
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 101
- Joined: 21 Sep 2008, 22:04
- Gender: Male
Re: I dont get it are they thick or just stupid?
there are 2 type of people in royal mail
the thick lazy ones who drag the job out and do up to half an hour unpaid overtime just to finish
or the ones who just get on with it , get the job done and go home while the thick idiots are still dragging it out
the thick lazy ones who drag the job out and do up to half an hour unpaid overtime just to finish
or the ones who just get on with it , get the job done and go home while the thick idiots are still dragging it out
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
Re: I dont get it are they thick or just stupid?
I am a part timer start at 8.30 today got in at the correct time after throwing in second wave d2d parcels bundle up it was 9.25 and I was totally on my own everybody had left at 9.15 I then had meal break and went forth no chance of me taking any extra mail I then finished on time
-
Gold Fox
- Posts: 313
- Joined: 06 Jun 2014, 20:50
- Gender: Female
Re: I dont get it are they thick or just stupid?
Whats wrong with coming early before your duty start ? Its up to them ? if you want to come on time thats OK. Let them carry on coming early ..you have nothing to loose ? or have you ?
-
cyclemech1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 334
- Joined: 20 Jul 2009, 20:46
- Gender: Male
Re: I dont get it are they thick or just stupid?
conman wrote:there are 2 type of people in royal mail
the thick lazy ones who drag the job out and do up to half an hour unpaid overtime just to finish
or the ones who just get on with it , get the job done and go home while the thick idiots are still dragging it out
Gold Fox wrote:Whats wrong with coming early before your duty start ? Its up to them ? if you want to come on time thats OK. Let them carry on coming early ..you have nothing to loose ? or have you ?
-
postmanplod69
- Posts: 146
- Joined: 04 Sep 2007, 21:52
- Location: at my frame
Re: I dont get it are they thick or just stupid?
It's the people who come in early in one case in our office Saturday 2hours 30 minutes early,why managers expect us to double lapse knock on neighbours doors to get rid of packets and question why walks struggle to be completed by people who start at the right time and have a break before commencing deliveryGold Fox wrote:Whats wrong with coming early before your duty start ? Its up to them ? if you want to come on time thats OK. Let them carry on coming early ..you have nothing to loose ? or have you ?
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: I dont get it are they thick or just stupid?
yes they can give you MORE lapsing for coming in early and finishing earlyGold Fox wrote:Whats wrong with coming early before your duty start ? Its up to them ? if you want to come on time thats OK. Let them carry on coming early ..you have nothing to loose ? or have you ?
SO THERE IS PLENTY TO LOSE OR LOOSE
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2227
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Re: I dont get it are they thick or just stupid?
So whys the union no makin it compulsory to start on you're time?
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: I dont get it are they thick or just stupid?
how do you think the union could enforce that other than to picket the entrance everyday ? (which may be illegal)
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: I dont get it are they thick or just stupid?
You don't take any lapsing unless you can still do the job properly and finish within your hours, unless you are happy to claim overtime and the lino understands the "lapsing" will be likely be on docket.eastie wrote:yes they can give you MORE lapsing for coming in early and finishing earlyGold Fox wrote:Whats wrong with coming early before your duty start ? Its up to them ? if you want to come on time thats OK. Let them carry on coming early ..you have nothing to loose ? or have you ?
SO THERE IS PLENTY TO LOSE OR LOOSE
However, the problem is that if most HCT users were stopped on the way out to delivery and instructed to hand over any pouch, most would get in a flap because they've just lost their time saving weapon!
The real issues with coming in early are things like...
Short term: You make other OPGs who do that duty look "stupid" when they need to cut-off or claim o/t, while your impression of being a RM volunteer hands over free time. You make unachievable duties look achievable.
Long term: The depot budget looks rosier than it really is, you are saving wages everyday you start early, next revision when another % needs saving they look at duties like yours to add more on to.
Last edited by IloveMYredTROLLEY! on 23 Sep 2014, 20:51, edited 1 time in total.
-
Gold Fox
- Posts: 313
- Joined: 06 Jun 2014, 20:50
- Gender: Female
Re: I dont get it are they thick or just stupid?
Nothing to do with coming early and lapsing .... it does not work out like this in our office.
-
Cedar_Room
- Posts: 826
- Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 14:09
Re: I dont get it are they thick or just stupid?
Jesus wept.
There really are some selfish,thick idiots on here.
It just amazes me that after all the cr*p we have been through with bullying Lino's & Doms,extra lapsing & walks being taken out left,right & centre that there are a high number of our spineless colleagues who STILL persist on cutting every corner going.
There really are some selfish,thick idiots on here.
It just amazes me that after all the cr*p we have been through with bullying Lino's & Doms,extra lapsing & walks being taken out left,right & centre that there are a high number of our spineless colleagues who STILL persist on cutting every corner going.
“Shorts,in this weather?!”
“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”
“What’s she been ordering now?”
“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”
“What’s she been ordering now?”
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
Re: I dont get it are they thick or just stupid?
I am a working man and the only way I can earn money is by working but I am not going to give my time freely I don't have a problem with working all my hrs and taking my full meal breaks I just can not understand people working for nothing but it seems it is inbuilt into some people to work for nothing
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: I dont get it are they thick or just stupid?
Because the Union is not the employer and its a voluntary organisation to join. They only have an advisory capacity, not a policing one thats RMs sphere.Chelseablue wrote:So whys the union no makin it compulsory to start on you're time?
Depends, a picket line without a ballot is illegal. A picket line cannot stop people going into work.Postie45 wrote:how do you think the union could enforce that other than to picket the entrance everyday ? (which may be illegal)
However, a few colleagues outside before work giving advice to those willing to listen - that's probably okay legally, but would be subject to "testing" by managers.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
raikky
- Posts: 212
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 01:09
- Gender: Female
Re: I dont get it are they thick or just stupid?
because whenever a dsm or higherup manager gets a sniff at an office coping well, they send in the revision team. then duties go. were talking about people coming in on their own time. why work for nothing. if your manager asks you to come in early saying you can book in, thats different and it happens on the busy days. but if you come in early on your own time, just making the duties look like they work, and that the office is ok. if everythins hunky dorey in an office. that means the office is overstaffed. royal mail operates on a flex up policy it seems.Gold Fox wrote:Whats wrong with coming early before your duty start ? Its up to them ? if you want to come on time thats OK. Let them carry on coming early ..you have nothing to loose ? or have you ?