ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Spider webs

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
wabbithunta
Posts: 872
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
Gender: Male
Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!

Re: Spider webs

Post by wabbithunta »

T%here's one delivery I go to that's like an assault course with spiders webs. At the start you're faced with an "archway" through the hedge at the gate. One big mother of a cobweb, I was checking the mail at the gate and didn't see it until the last minute and swatted it away with the mail.. 1st spider dealt with. Then there is a pergola on the pathway and yet another cobweb to destroy on the way to the front door. 2nd spider dealt with and finally a huge bugger at the doorway suspended from a hanging plant down across the doorway to a small bush on the opposite side of the door! Destroyed as it was across the letter box...

Jeez, this job can be cruel and heartless at this time of year! :crazy:
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Re: Spider webs

Post by Postie45 »

it really is the time of year for these spider webs ! havent seen them all summer then the past week or so im covered in the damn things !
ossy07
Posts: 1
Joined: 14 Jan 2014, 17:57
Gender: Male

Re: Spider webs

Post by ossy07 »

I love this post, its my first summer as a postie and i too use the letters like a demented swordsman walking up paths, swearing at the spiders clinging on to what remains of their webs as i walk back down. So funny to see i'm not alone... :Very Happy
BexyB9
Posts: 59
Joined: 24 Jun 2013, 13:12
Gender: Female

Re: Spider webs

Post by BexyB9 »

I was covered in webs last week and was sick of wiping them off my face. They are in most doorways with those big tiger-coloured spiders sitting slap bang in the middle of them. After encountering a web up a path and having the spider hanging off my collar, I too arrived at the door hopping around in a demented fashion and making strange noises. The householder came rushing out to see what the fuss was about. He said "Oh, I thought you were being accosted" to which I replied "I am", pointing to the furry thing which was still absailing downwards. I can't stand them.
2pints
Posts: 286
Joined: 28 Feb 2013, 16:46
Gender: Male

Re: Spider webs

Post by 2pints »

Been wearing my cap lately solely for this reason,tends to keep them of my face at least as that is what really winds me up.
Sidley
Posts: 653
Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
Gender: Male

Re: Spider webs

Post by Sidley »

And I thought it was just me. Been off for a fortnight and this last week back at work there has been an enormous increase in the number of spiders about. It's also been foggy all week and the webs are more visible due to the water droplets on them. Walking into some gardens it's like the scene with the giant spiders in The Hobbit film.
2pints
Posts: 286
Joined: 28 Feb 2013, 16:46
Gender: Male

Re: Spider webs

Post by 2pints »

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Walking- ... 2218037900" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:crazy: :neutral:
GT85
Posts: 365
Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
Gender: Male
Location: ASDO

Re: Spider webs

Post by GT85 »

It's that time of the year again, apparently a new starter in our office freaked out a bit by a face full of cobweb this week.
We're all here because we're not all there
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Re: Spider webs

Post by greengiant »

stevo302 wrote:Spider webs on hanging baskets.

Double whammy of tourettes.
Especially the hanging baskets which are hanging from the front door canopy right at head level, with a low level letterbox. :d'oh!
jimmynailsalive
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 305
Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
Gender: Male

Re: Spider webs

Post by jimmynailsalive »

greengiant wrote:
stevo302 wrote:Spider webs on hanging baskets.

Double whammy of tourettes.
Especially the hanging baskets which are hanging from the front door canopy right at head level, with a low level letterbox. :d'oh!
I met one full on from this position, it swung forward, I ducked and it had just been filled to the brim with water and my back got drenched as it tipped on the backswing, was the first loop of the day and our lapsing, whole street must have thought I had tourettes. :evil/mad
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Spider webs

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Image
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Ulysses
Posts: 25
Joined: 03 Aug 2015, 21:09
Gender: Male
Location: Hampshire

Re: Spider webs

Post by Ulysses »

jimmynailsalive wrote:
greengiant wrote:
stevo302 wrote:Spider webs on hanging baskets.

Double whammy of tourettes.
Especially the hanging baskets which are hanging from the front door canopy right at head level, with a low level letterbox. :d'oh!
I met one full on from this position, it swung forward, I ducked and it had just been filled to the brim with water and my back got drenched as it tipped on the backswing, was the first loop of the day and our lapsing, whole street must have thought I had tourettes. :evil/mad
Yeah, been there done that...twice now at the same house and it's only my 2nd day on that walk. Must learn faster and remember better...
Life is what you make it.......I make mine my own.
Justanotherstar
Posts: 351
Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
Gender: Male

Re: Spider webs

Post by Justanotherstar »

ebbzie wrote:Can anyone answer the Question - you walk up the path waving the letters like mad in front of you, post them and on the way back up the path WAM cob web right in the face!!! how does this happen???

THIS!!! It's like the little c***s wait for you to walk past then shoot up and set a trap...pretty much every drive had webs today...1 actually stopped me the f****r was so big!!