ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Which one do I go for?
-
dids620
- Posts: 80
- Joined: 02 Mar 2010, 15:23
- Gender: Male
Re: Which one do I go for?
Option 2. Full time reserve = Dogsbody. You will get shunted about on other duties as and when DOM needs to make their life easier not yours. I'm a full time reserve and don't know my day off til Friday some weeks for following week. Pain in the rectum.
-
thecompletepackage
- Posts: 79
- Joined: 03 Mar 2011, 21:28
- Gender: Male
Re: Which one do I go for?
Are you actually being made up to full-time or just a case of signing for the duty and booking overtime up to 39 hours?
-
ysbrydtawel
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 111
- Joined: 03 Feb 2013, 20:57
- Gender: Male
- Location: South West
Re: Which one do I go for?
Both of these vacancies are full-time, so if I sign for one, I will then have a full-time contract.thecompletepackage wrote:Are you actually being made up to full-time or just a case of signing for the duty and booking overtime up to 39 hours?
We have a perfect record in aviation: we never left one up there.
-
thecompletepackage
- Posts: 79
- Joined: 03 Mar 2011, 21:28
- Gender: Male
Re: Which one do I go for?
Hope so for you, but that doesn't happen at the D.O where I am. A few part-timers signed on FT duties - still on 25 hour contracts.
-
douggie68
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 14 Mar 2012, 09:39
- Gender: Male
Re: Which one do I go for?
I KNOW EVERTHING CSPN !
I would go for the shared van as you will be withdrawn to cover the duties you know when managers can't cover a job
I would go for the shared van as you will be withdrawn to cover the duties you know when managers can't cover a job
-
ysbrydtawel
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 111
- Joined: 03 Feb 2013, 20:57
- Gender: Male
- Location: South West
Re: Which one do I go for?
Makes sense. Let me guess - did you leave me a voicemail?douggie68 wrote:I KNOW EVERTHING CSPN !
I would go for the shared van as you will be withdrawn to cover the duties you know when managers can't cover a job
We have a perfect record in aviation: we never left one up there.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Which one do I go for?
Do we need a reminder of the rules, really. OK here goes
Except for nationally known personalities please do not name any individuals on here, rather use their 'work title' or 'my/a colleague' instead.
That includes posting identifying information like names of duties, the DO and the managers first names. If a member does it himself, like I do, then its voluntary. If other members do it as a joke it can have serious implications for the named person, but it could also have a detrimental affect on the posters employment prospect if they are reported for B&H by someone in the real world.
Repeated offenders will be banned for the safety of other members and the ongoing viability of RMChat - you have all be warned.
Except for nationally known personalities please do not name any individuals on here, rather use their 'work title' or 'my/a colleague' instead.
That includes posting identifying information like names of duties, the DO and the managers first names. If a member does it himself, like I do, then its voluntary. If other members do it as a joke it can have serious implications for the named person, but it could also have a detrimental affect on the posters employment prospect if they are reported for B&H by someone in the real world.
Repeated offenders will be banned for the safety of other members and the ongoing viability of RMChat - you have all be warned.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.